2016-2017 Hofstra University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone wanna be brave enough to call Hofstra and ask for an updated timeline of when the first decisions will be going out? Totally not volunteering for the job though hahaha.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been complete since 9/20 and have not heard from them since. I will be going up to New York next month for another interview, will it be too much to send an ITA email? I just dont want to pay for a trip to New York twice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone wanna be brave enough to call Hofstra and ask for an updated timeline of when the first decisions will be going out? Totally not volunteering for the job though hahaha.
Any volunteers :D?

Wondering about this too but not volunteering . When did you interview?
September.

I think, from past years' threads, we should hear back by the end of the month.

I have been complete since 9/20 and have not heard from them since. I will be going up to New York next month for another interview, will it be too much to send an ITA email? I just dont want to pay for a trip to New York twice.
On their complete and under review email it specifically says they aren't receptive to in the area requests. Remember money comes and goes, but your medical education will last a lifetime. Sending taco flavored kisses your way :kiss:

On their complete and under review email it specifically says they aren't receptive to in the area requests. Remember money comes and goes, but your medical education will last a lifetime. Sending taco flavored kisses your way :kiss:
OMG I love you and your picture!!

OMG I love you and your picture!!
Thank you lol, so many people here are so uptight this time of year. We all need to remember to laugh and not take ourselves too seriously every once in a while.

Reactions: 4 users
currently praying to be excluded from the blood bath that is going to happen on Friday or Monday :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:. According to threads from previous two cycles, acceptances come out 11/20 along with a lot of pre-II rejections :(.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via email!!!

Edit: interviewed late September, LizzyM 76

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted tooo! Interviewed mid-October. Did anyone else think the email was basically worded like a rejection or waitlist?

"I hope that you are well. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process. Attached you will find a letter regarding an update to your status. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."

Accepted tooo! Interviewed mid-October. Did anyone else think the email was basically worded like a rejection or waitlist?

"I hope that you are well. Thank you for your patience during the admissions process. Attached you will find a letter regarding an update to your status. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me."
Yeah, I thought it was a rejection too!

Congrats!!! Which Oct interview date did you attend?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed the 20th of october and no news. I'm guessing thats not good.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed the 20th of october and no news. I'm guessing thats not good.
It seems like those with acceptances interviewed in September or early - mid October. You interviewed mid-late oct, so it's definitely not time to give up hope

Are any of you guys who got accepted 21 or 22 years old? I'm starting to notice that age has a major impact on these decisions

I interviewed very early and have no email...based on last years thread that's the axe right?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed early September, radio silence :( Was my first interview and in retrospect my performance on it was awful. Good learning experience at least!

Are any of you guys who got accepted 21 or 22 years old? I'm starting to notice that age has a major impact on these decisions

I am 26, although I would say I was probably the oldest person in my interview group, maybe one guy was older than me.

ACCEPTED! LizzyM around 75 and interviewed in Early Oct.

Do we have to pay the 100$ Fee now (as in before December 1) even if we are still in the interview process for other schools?

Reactions: 1 users

Do we have to pay the 100$ Fee now (as in before December 1) even if we are still in the interview process for other schools?
The fee just holds your spot, it doesn't bind you to the school.

Yes but it is refundable if you withdraw before April 30! :)

It seems like those with acceptances interviewed in September or early - mid October. You interviewed mid-late oct, so it's definitely not time to give up hope

Hope so. Has anyone been accepted around late October yet?

Hey all, I was very lucky to have recently received an II at this great place, but will now be withdrawing and leaving an interview date open (Dec 5) in case anybody needs one in early December. Wishing everyone all the best!

Hope so. Has anyone been accepted around late October yet?
Interviewed mid-late October and still no news. My interview date was closer to "mid" October so I'm not sure if it's time to freak out or not? But you're not alone.

Interviewed early September, radio silence :( Was my first interview and in retrospect my performance on it was awful. Good learning experience at least!
Were you there for the 2nd round of interviews? We might have already met, Gurbs. :D

any interview tips on what to expect from interview day? Did anyone stay with a student host or do air bnb? Thanks and good luck to all :)

Were you there for the 2nd round of interviews? We might have already met, Gurbs. :D

I was there 9/13, not sure when they started. Were you before that?

Stalked your post history a bit, I don't think we've met on the interview trail unless you know something I don't!

Last edited:
Joining the rejection train. Starting to feel like complete crap. Complete late July.

Got the axe today as well. Complete back in July. Oh well. Best of luck all!