2016-2017 Hofstra University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
et tu brute

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected. At least I appreciate how they will tell you ahead of time if they don't want you. Meanwhile, all those silent rejections...

Reactions: 2 users
+1 on the rejection train. Complete early August.
Despite the rejection news, just happy that I'm finally getting news again (after over a month of silence!)

+1 on the rejection train. Complete early August.
Despite the rejection news, just happy that I'm finally getting news again (after over a month of silence!)

TRUTH.

It feels like the hypothetical roller coaster has been ascending for eternity.

Rejected. Submitted 7/22. Emailed for an update yesterday, got the rejection today! I guess it is better knowing, but I would have loved to go here. Good luck everyone!

Rejected as well....at least we have each other lol

Reeeejected. Best of luck to everyone who's been accepted, waiting to hear back, or waiting to interview!

Also rejected but unsurprised LM 65.5 complete mid July.

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!

Will never come to me since I just boarded the rejection train. Choo choo!

Reactions: 16 users
The annual 11/20 massacre... Sigh I couldn't avoid it even on my third try :yeahright:

Sorry for all those rejected. Did everyone receive the email / portal update around the same time? The first person posted their rejection around 2 pm and since I have been checking my portal incessantly. Since its after 5 pm, I am praying I am in the clear but do not want to jinx myself or get my hopes up!

Sorry for all those rejected. Did everyone receive the email / portal update around the same time? The first person posted their rejection around 2 pm and since I have been checking my portal incessantly. Since its after 5 pm, I am praying I am in the clear but do not want to jinx myself or get my hopes up!

I received my rejection email at 2:38pm today (complete mid-July)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected without explanation like many others. Best of luck to those still in it! and congrats to all of you who have been accepted thus far

Interviewed the 20th of october and no news. I'm guessing thats not good.

+1

Fellow October 20th interviewer here. I haven't heard anything either. Hopefully they haven't gotten to us yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed in September and silence. Was my first traditional interview and a bit rocky, but was definitely good practice. Waiting to see what happens in the spring! Congratulations to all who have received acceptances and to those with rejections, keep your head up! The process is far from over and good news is still to come :)

Also was rejected pre-II on Friday, 11/18. Complete 7/5

I feel like this post belongs on a different page..really sorry for all those that were rejected. I did receive my snailmail acceptance today and thought it might have mentioned merit aid. Does anyone know when we might receive that? Thank you.

I feel like this post belongs on a different page..really sorry for all those that were rejected. I did receive my snailmail acceptance today and thought it might have mentioned merit aid. Does anyone know when we might receive that? Thank you.
Congrats!!! When did you interview btw?? And I think you have to complete your fafsa and their separate application for merit based aid. Heres the link to their website: http://medicine.hofstra.edu/financialaid/financialaid_howtoapply.html

Yay, accepted! Interviewed 10/20!
Good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II! Does anyone know the length of the interviews? The email says two one on one faculty interviews so I know that much. And for anyone that has already interviewed, how was the atmosphere and the experience?

Just got an II! Does anyone know the length of the interviews? The email says two one on one faculty interviews so I know that much. And for anyone that has already interviewed, how was the atmosphere and the experience?

My interviews were a little over thirty minutes, pretty conversational. I have to say that Hofstra is a hidden gym type of medical school. It was an amazing experience for me on interview day and getting to learn more about the curriculum. The building is also gorgeous so that's a +

Yay, accepted! Interviewed 10/20!
Good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hang in there!

Congrats! Anyone else receive a decision from interview dates in mid-late October? Silence here, so I'm guessing that's not good news.

rejected pre-II about a week ago...was surprised after receiving II's from schools like Duke and NYU, but best of luck to all!

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed early November.

Reactions: 1 users
At the interview I think they mentioned that they don't go chronologically with decisions ... can anyone confirm that?

For those who interviewed already, did you have two faculty interviews, or one faculty and one MS4? I had an MS4 and I'm not sure if her input will be considered as strongly as my faculty member. Which sucks because I feel more confident about my time with her.

For those who interviewed already, did you have two faculty interviews, or one faculty and one MS4? I had an MS4 and I'm not sure if her input will be considered as strongly as my faculty member. Which sucks because I feel more confident about my time with her.

I had mine with two faculty!