2016-2017 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you part of yesterdays wave of rejections? Or today? Good luck elsewhere!
not that it matters but I was complete late aug, not sept. Yeah it was yesterday. I completed an smp, so there are plenty other applicants with pristine transcripts that deserve to get II's over me.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted early August and still under review. People are getting acceptances/rejections who submitted before and after me. Confused...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted early August and still under review. People are getting acceptances/rejections who submitted before and after me. Confused...

I thought your status will continue to be "still under review" even if you receive an II?

It just takes some time, Doogie, when you're in the middle of the ride. Everything will probably be just fine.

All these rejections were for applicants on the same day (7/20)? Is that normal?

Yeah they generally are people who were complete within a three day range. Not necessarily the same with IIs.

Let's just hope this year is the year for third time applicants (because that includes me!!!)

Reactions: 2 users
Let's just hope this year is the year for third time applicants (because that includes me!!!)

Was getting worried they view reapplicants unfavorably, but looks like that's not the case. They stay 3rd time is the charm right ;)? Us third time applicants gotta stick together!

II a few hours ago!!! 2nd time reapplicant here. Complete 7/20 with a LizzyM=70. There's still hope for all you July people out there, hang tight!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
complete july and all silence!!! eeeeeep. I was pretty good at keeping my cool, but now I'm getting nervous. i've been saying "any day now" for a lonnnngggg time. lololol. thinking of all the july people. congrats to the reapplicants with interview invites. that's awesome!!!!

George axed me. Complete 8/1, OOS, Lizzy M 65.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected from here today via email pre-II . Completed early September.

So for the sake of stats: how did most people find their interviews on interview day?

On a scale from no-low stress to the Inquisition

Reactions: 1 users
I've been complete since 8/23 and no word yet although applicants from early sept have already heard back for II and rejections

Is there still hope for a II? I feel like I'm on hold or something since they haven't made a decision on my app

So for the sake of stats: how did most people find their interviews on interview day?

On a scale from no-low stress to the Inquisition
don't have an answer for you but just wanted to know why your username isn't DwaynetheDocJohnson

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone else complete July and still waiting?? eeeep

Reactions: 5 users
Just finished my secondary app. anyone else finished this late?

Anyone complete late August/Early September hear anything about II's yet?

Accepted!! Just got a call from the dean of admissions!! Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
I AM SO NOT GRUMPY TODAY

Congrats!! Random question - did the number come up on your phone as "unknown number"? I got a call about thirty minutes ago but I was in class so my phone was on silent....
Accepted!! Just got a call from the dean of admissions!! Super excited!

Accepted! Eases the GW waitlist ache.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Random question - did the number come up on your phone as "unknown number"? I got a call about thirty minutes ago but I was in class so my phone was on silent....

They would have left a message

Rejected this morning pre-II. Complete 7/21. Good luck to everyone still in the race!

Rejected today by email complete 9/9

For those accepted-- do you remember when the Dean said we would get an email? I was flustered and not really listening

So if we haven't heard anything about IIs or rejections, and we submitted in August, is it safe to say that we're most likely not getting an invite at this point? Now that acceptances are going out?