2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
deleted because really my response is just spam at this point

Members don't see this ad.

Every day is a new learning experience...

Good luck everyone! I'm out.

Last edited:
Withdrew my II, I hope it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a hold email, which I think is the "we didn't have enough time in our meeting so we'll wait 2 weeks" email they talked about on interview day. Can someone confirm that for me? Because I was freaking out yesterday.

Yup - not a bad (or good) sign at all. Just a pain to wait more.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a hold email, which I think is the "we didn't have enough time in our meeting so we'll wait 2 weeks" email they talked about on interview day. Can someone confirm that for me? Because I was freaking out yesterday.
In the same boat. Anxiously waiting for Thursday!

i noticed on this thread that during interview day there are patient interactions- can someone please explain what that is? thanks!

i noticed on this thread that during interview day there are patient interactions- can someone please explain what that is? thanks!
Nothing to be nervous about. Just be yourself :). Absolutely no preparation or scientific background is needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone with interview experience speak about the patient encounter portion of the interview? What was it like, what did you feel was expected of you? Thanks so much!

Can anyone with interview experience speak about the patient encounter portion of the interview? What was it like, what did you feel was expected of you? Thanks so much!
Scroll up a bit.

Did anyone get accepted last week? Seems like a lot of people were put on hold.

Anyone hear back yet? The hold e-mail from last week was sent out pretty early in the afternoon. I haven't recieved any news today. But this may be my overreactive pre-med brain. :unsure:

Anyone hear back yet? The hold e-mail from last week was sent out pretty early in the afternoon. I haven't recieved any news today. But this may be my overreactive pre-med brain. :unsure:
Relax, we aren't supposed to hear back until this time next week. They didn't have a meeting this week. Don't worry, I was panicking today too lol

Relax, we aren't supposed to hear back until this time next week. They didn't have a meeting this week. Don't worry, I was panicking today too lol

Wooww. I thought they met every week, so I was anxiously waiting to hear back today. Womp.

Wooww. I thought they met every week, so I was anxiously waiting to hear back today. Womp.
I read back to last year's thread and people said they meet biweekly. Also it says we will hear back at max 3 weeks after interview.

I read back to last year's thread and people said they meet biweekly. Also it says we will hear back at max 3 weeks after interview.
I read in this years thread of someone getting out on hold and then 7 days later priority waitlisted. Are you sure they didn't meet today?

I read in this years thread of someone getting out on hold and then 7 days later priority waitlisted. Are you sure they didn't meet today?
I'm not sure. They said biweekly. But who can really guess this system. I personally haven't received anything other than the hold email.

Are they still interviewing? Did anyone get a rejection?

I believe they are still interviewing. Yes, people have reported being rejected both pre- and post-interview in the past.

Best of luck to everyone awaiting their decision! Cooper is nothing short of amazing!!!

I interviewed 12/16. I know they at least interview through February as my initial II date was set for then. Also, they are rejecting. My friend was rejected in November post-II. During the interview day they made it very clear that they try to get decisions out to folks as soon as possible, with proper review of the apps, as they don't want applicants waiting to know their fate. They also asked that applicants do the same if they are admitted and know they will not attend. :xf:Fingers crossed that some of you folks hear some good news tomorrow! I'm not sure my interview day will be lucky enough to hear back so soon.

I interviewed 12/16. I know they at least interview through February as my initial II date was set for then. Also, they are rejecting. My friend was rejected in November post-II. During the interview day they made it very clear that they try to get decisions out to folks as soon as possible, with proper review of the apps, as they don't want applicants waiting to know their fate. They also asked that applicants do the same if they are admitted and know they will not attend. :xf:Fingers crossed that some of you folks hear some good news tomorrow! I'm not sure my interview day will be lucky enough to hear back so soon.
I am really hoping to hear some good news tomorrow. I interviewed Dec 2nd and I am so freakin anxious. I just hope there are no rejections tomorrow. I'm just growing more and more impatient by the hour! Also I'm sure you'll hear tomorrow too.

Interviewed dec 14th and I'm not excited to hear back today lol, I think I really messed up the interview so expecting bad news ..

Here's to hearing some good news before the holidays! Fingers crossed!

Based on previous acceptance releases, do we have any idea about what time we may get news? It would be nice to do something with my day besides check my email.

Based on previous acceptance releases, do we have any idea about what time we may get news? It would be nice to do something with my day besides check my email.
They sent the "on hold until the next committee meeting" to me around noon two weeks ago. In my irrational mind, that means the notifications will also come out around that time.

They sent the "on hold until the next committee meeting" to me around noon two weeks ago. In my irrational mind, that means the notifications will also come out around that time.
That's exactly the kind of intel I was looking for, thanks!!

Got an email around 10:30 and a phone call shortly after back in November. One of the best days of my life.

rejected ahh oh well i have an acceptance to the other rowan school which i really liked

Priority Waitlist, as well.
The e-mail made it seem like there's a good chance we'd get in, but so far everyone on SDN has recieved this... so now I'm starting to think the pool isnt really that small.

Priority Waitlist, as well.
The e-mail made it seem like there's a good chance we'd get in, but so far everyone on SDN has recieved this... so now I'm starting to think the pool isnt really that small.
I would try to stay optimistic..I'm a M1 who got in off the regular waitlist

I would try to stay optimistic..I'm a M1 who got in off the regular waitlist
Thanks for optimistic comment! It definitely helps when this process has done wonders to my self-esteem. Did they also have priority and regular waitlists last year?

Yep! And IS and OOS are also separate waitlist. There's a regular and priority for each IS and OOS