2015 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The original USAjobs announcement says that the PHAP has promotional potential to GS-9. How is this possible for a two year program starting at GS-5?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right...I'm just wondering why they would say that on the announcement if it wasn't true. Perhaps it was an error.

I think it is probably an error, or in the past the promotional potential was GS-9, but they lowered it.

Hey all! First time posting here. I just received my offer letter for PHAP today so everyone should be receiving their letters soon! Good Luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey all! First time posting here. I just received my offer letter for PHAP today so everyone should be receiving their letters soon! Good Luck!

Where did you receive your letter?

Congratulations! Were you offered a geographical location that you picked?

Reactions: 1 users
The original USAjobs announcement says that the PHAP has promotional potential to GS-9. How is this possible for a two year program starting at GS-5?
USA jobs is a mystery. I can say that after the program is over, there are positions available to graduating PHAPs at GS9.

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations!!! Although that is a very limited period to decide haha.

Has anyone else received their offer letters?

Lol and so begins mashing F5 in my Gmail..............:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!!

I don't think I have ever checked my email so frequently since I saw the first offer post! :unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
Every time I hear my iphone beep I think is an email from PHAP :wacky:

Thanks everyone! I'm sure they are going to start rolling in for everyone these next few weeks.

So umm only one person received an offer :shifty:.......

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. Incase I am offered a PHAP position, I would have to choose between the position and grad school. My questions are mostly geared towards current/former associates, but anyone feel free to pitch in advice.

1) Do the experiences/connections provided by PHAP really outweigh those offered by grad schools like Hopkins and Emory, in terms of job opportunity after the program?
2) How feasible is it to do PHAP and a part time master's simultaneously?

Last edited:
So umm only one person received an offer :shifty:.......
....so far....and that's assuming everyone who applied frequents this forum and posts updates (which they don't). Still very, very early.

I feel like I'm waiting for a Hogwart's letter! :owle:

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone else received their offer letters?
I received my offer email yesterday along with a phone call from 770 area code. They are offering 230 positions. I'm going to Florida & it was my first choice as well.

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster. Incase I am offered a PHAP position, I would have to choose between the position and grad school. My questions are mostly geared towards current/former associates, but anyone feel free to pitch in advice.

1) Do the experiences/connections provided by PHAP really outweigh those offered by grad schools like Hopkins and Emory, in terms of job opportunity after the program?
2) How feasible is it to do PHAP and a part time master's simultaneously?
Hey, I'm not sure how many former/current associates frequently view this forum, but I suggest reading through the 2014 forum. There were a few people in the same situation and they received feedback that could be helpful.

I received my offer email yesterday along with a phone call from 770 area code. They are offering 230 positions. I'm going to Florida & it was my first choice as well.

Good luck to everyone

Mypenny, what time of day did you receive your phone call/email? I'm just curious to see if they're contacting people throughout the day or early morning. Thanks

I'm curious if they are sending out offers in order of region. The reason I say this is because so far the two people that got offers are both in region 4.

I received my offer today in the afternoon. A phone call first late in the afternoon and then the email. Phone call was from (414) area code. It was HR from cdc atl. Im going to Queens, NY. It was not my first choice state (within region) but it was my first choice region.

If anybody ends up in Queens and is interested in sharing a place to live please let me know! Its going to be my first time ever in NY so im a bit lost! :(

how to be hopeful while also not getting my hopes up too much while also checking my email 20x/hour: a book i will be putting out after this process is over

I'm curious if they are sending out offers in order of region. The reason I say this is because so far the two people that got offers are both in region 4.
I've been trying to figure out if they are doing it by region as well. However VA is region 3, FL is region 4 and NY is region 2 so maybe not.

I've been trying to figure out if they are doing it by region as well. However VA is region 3, FL is region 4 and NY is region 2 so maybe not.

Oh you're right! Still, maybe they are doing it by region in that they are doing the first 5 regions first and then the latter 5 regions later on in the week.

Oh you're right! Still, maybe they are doing it by region in that they are doing the first 5 regions first and then the latter 5 regions later on in the week.
That could be very true! This waiting game is just so nerve wrecking!

That could be very true! This waiting game is just so nerve wrecking!

I know! I feel like I'm going crazy trying to analyze every little piece of new information we get.

Good luck to everyone
Awesome! Congratulations :)

If anybody ends up in Queens and is interested in sharing a place to live please let me know! Its going to be my first time ever in NY so im a bit lost! :(
I live in NJ. New York is an amazing city. You will do great!

Congratulations to you all!!!! Still waiting

I never even received the email that everyone else got last week :(
It's not looking good. I wonder if we receive rejection emails..

I received my offer today in the afternoon. A phone call first late in the afternoon and then the email. Phone call was from (414) area code. It was HR from cdc atl. Im going to Queens, NY. It was not my first choice state (within region) but it was my first choice region.
You got my top choice (dream state/city)!!! Jelly :p

Hey, I'm not sure how many former/current associates frequently view this forum, but I suggest reading through the 2014 forum. There were a few people in the same situation and they received feedback that could be helpful.

it honestly depends on what your focus is on- PHAP does not guarantee any job positions for associates, however some PHAPs will get job offers at their host site. CDC does not consider us full time employees so we won't receive necessarily the same benefits as full time unless we immediately find a federal job after your 2 years.

I would not recommend PHAP and doing a masters at the same time

it honestly depends on what your focus is on- PHAP does not guarantee any job positions for associates, however some PHAPs will get job offers at their host site. CDC does not consider us full time employees so we won't receive necessarily the same benefits as full time unless we immediately find a federal job after your 2 years.

I would not recommend PHAP and doing a masters at the same time
Thank you! I was offered Richmond, VA.

Have fun! There are already 6 2014 PHAPs there Richmond always get a ton

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: 2 users
In Oregon, haven't heard anything here either. Maybe like past forums- they start on the east coast and then go to the west coast.

The anxiety is strong. Congratulations to all offered positions thus far; youve worked hard and you deserve it!

Did you all give your location preferences by region, or by state? I feel like we got caught up talking in the interview and the locations were largely an afterthought... A good sign, maybe, but this whole thing is torturous nonetheless.

Sending good vibes out for tomorrow!

Does anyone know how long they will be notifying individuals for? Would like to know when I can stop refreshing my email every twenty minutes lol.