2015 PHAP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all,
I received my NOR and it says my eligibility is going to expire on 4/12/2015. Anybody with similar experience?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Current PHAP here.
Just wanted to say that my year there were people who got emails to submit personal statements later than others....I don't know if that will happen this year but just thought I would share that there may be different timelines. So don't give up hope yet still be on the lookout...

Also the USAJobs notification emails are very confusing..I have had and applied for different federal jobs and I still don't get it. In MY opinion all that matters is the email saying if you were referred or not...which means the program has gotten your application and can consider it. I wouldn't focus on the notice of results or ratings, etc. You can always call the HR customer service line though and ask them to clarify what it all means...sometimes they are helpful

Best of luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nomad194- Yes, I was asked for my personal statement BEFORE receiving my NOR. It seems some people's process is different(?).
The eligibility expiration date doesn't mean much (imo) besides the fact that you have been given the green light to be considered for this current cycle. I wouldn't look too much into that date. I'm pretty sure we all got it.

I'm hoping I get a rating score soon :(

Reactions: 1 user
Understand guys your NOR results are computer generated emails directly from USA Jobs . Usually the first NOR email is a self rating based on your responses into the first initial application. For me personally I received a referral email directly from the program officials stating that I would be pretty much be moving to the next phase (2nd step). In the email from the program stated very clear instructions. The email also provided a link. It instructed me to create a login and password in the FMS system. Also in the email, it gave instructions on completing the 2 part of the application which was contact info, a survey, and a personal statement. The email also stated that there was a deadline to have my personal statement complete. I also received an email saying that the deadline had changed from the initial first email. Either way I completed all of the required information before the cutoff date. After I submitted my statement, I received receipt confirmation email of my submitted information. I submitted my info this past Saturday the 14th. The following Weds, I recieved an email directly generated from USA Jobs stating to different statuses for the same position, NR and R. It had me very confused until I researched. Long story I was referred obviously. Guys, be on the lookout directly from the PHAP program. Another email to look for is your referral letter (please read this email carefully). The referral letter will tell you exactly if you were not referred (NR) or referred (R). Do not get confused like myself. There may be two ratings (NR or R) in the same email, so read it carefully all the way to end. This should tell you if your referred. Referred means that they have sent your name to the agency (this is good), but it is up to the agency to send you the email directly from the program to move forward. Best of luck to everyone guys :waves:

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

Last week, I received the e-mail from PHAP saying I was moving forward to the next step, and instructing me to log in to FMS to submit my personal statement. I submitted the package by Sunday, as instructed. This Wednesday, I received the two e-mails from USA Jobs that everyone has been discussing here ("Notice of Results" and "Referral Letter"). At this point, my status on USA Jobs changed to Referred.

Then today (March 20), I received a "Notification Letter" from USA Jobs, saying that I was not being referred to the hiring agency. However, it seems that I was referred to the hiring agency, because PHAP had already contacted me about moving on to the second step, and my status still says Referred. Has anyone else received a Notification Letter today saying something similar?

I just got an email this morning saying I was not referred :(

Hi all,

Last week, I received the e-mail from PHAP saying I was moving forward to the next step, and instructing me to log in to FMS to submit my personal statement. I submitted the package by Sunday, as instructed. This Wednesday, I received the two e-mails from USA Jobs that everyone has been discussing here ("Notice of Results" and "Referral Letter"). At this point, my status on USA Jobs changed to Referred.

Then today (March 20), I received a "Notification Letter" from USA Jobs, saying that I was not being referred to the hiring agency. However, it seems that I was referred to the hiring agency, because PHAP had already contacted me about moving on to the second step, and my status still says Referred. Has anyone else received a Notification Letter today saying something similar?

I just got an email this morning saying I was not referred :(

I got that same email but i was confused bc I was also asked to send a personal statement. I called and the women informed me not to worry. That is in regards to veterans status. Therefore if you were asked to send a personal statement then you were definitely referred and should be hearing about interviews hopefully the 1st or 2nd week of April.

Reactions: 5 users
I got that same email but i was confused bc I was also asked to send a personal statement. I called and the women informed me not to worry. That is in regards to veterans status. Therefore if you were asked to send a personal statement then you were definitely referred and should be hearing about interviews hopefully the 1st or 2nd week of April.

I got the Notification Letter saying I was not referred, despite being asked to write the personal statement.
Thank you for calling and posting this as I got really worried. I feel very much relieved now :)

I got the same email too, thank you for informing. I didn't think it was possible for them to make such a decision in less a week after we have submitted the personal statement

Members don't see this ad :)
Like the last few people, I am experiencing the same thing. Received a R earlier this week and today a NR. Very confused :/

Like the last few people, I am experiencing the same thing. Received a R earlier this week and today a NR. Very confused :/
Nevermind, reading is fundamental! Thanks dimplescherr!

I just received another email stating I was referred

I received my Notification Letter saying I was referred. I think those of us that were asked to write a personal statement need not worry. I don't think they would waste our time by asking us to write a statement and not consider it outright.

Stay strong guys, the federal system works slow... my application cycle went as follows:
  • Applied via USA JOBS early february
  • NOR late februrary
  • PHAP request for personal statement mid march
  • received interview invite mid may
  • attended interview late may
  • offered position mid june
  • job start date late july
I know the timing has changed a bit (you guys start in October), but you're already further in the process than we were at this time.

Did the lady on the phone actually say they would begin interviews in the first or second week of April? That would be exciting!!

Did the lady on the phone actually say they would begin interviews in the first or second week of April? That would be exciting!!

No she said we should be notified by the 1st or 2nd week of April

Has anyone been able to log into their FMS account and check the status of the personal statement?

Yes, I was able to check on the status of my personal statement. It still say received or something to that notion. No change yet !

My application status on the FMS website has changed to "being reviewed". Nothing too interesting, but I hope it means we'll hear back soon.

Got a Skype interview invite today!

Me too! Got this e-mail about an hour ago:

"Congratulations!

You have advanced to the next phase of the Public Health Associate Program’s (PHAP) selection process- an interactive interview."

Already scheduled my Skype interview :)

Congratulations!

You have advanced to the next phase of the Public Health Associate Program’s (PHAP) selection process- an interactive interview. This email is organized into three sections representing the tasks that candidates must complete in preparation for their PHAP Interview:

1. Skype
2. Doodle
3. Regional Geographic Preferences (3)

Me too! Got this e-mail about an hour ago:

"Congratulations!

You have advanced to the next phase of the Public Health Associate Program’s (PHAP) selection process- an interactive interview."

Already scheduled my Skype interview :)
How did you schedule your interview already? It says that we have to receive an email from Doodle to do so. Did you get that email?

Can any current PHAP candidates share their interview experience?

How did you schedule your interview already? It says that we have to receive an email from Doodle to do so. Did you get that email?
Yeah, I received both e-mails at the exact same time.

I am yet to receive Doodle email. I just emailed my Skype username.

Yeah, I received both e-mails at the exact same time.
Exciting! What are the dates for conducting interviews? I submitted my Skype information but I haven't received my Doodle email yet either.

Last edited:
The offered interview dates for me were Mondays and Tuesdays of the third and fourth weeks of April. I am guessing this may change from person to person depending on their specific interviewer and their availabilities.

Question! Would they be the ones to Skype call us? I didn't see my interviewer's skype username in the email. Great job and good luck to everyone! :)

The offered interview dates for me were Mondays and Tuesdays of the third and fourth weeks of April. I am guessing this may change from person to person depending on their specific interviewer and their availabilities.

Question! Would they be the ones to Skype call us? I didn't see my interviewer's skype username in the email. Great job and good luck to everyone! :)

Since you sent them your Skype username, I'm assuming your interviewer will add you on Skype. I don't know if they will call you or if you call them.

Exciting! What are the dates for conducting interviews? I submitted my Skype information but I haven't received my Doodle email yet either.
Meagz is right. My specific interviewer is in charge of only 20-something people from what I can see, and the options for us are for the 2nd and 3rd week of April.

Skype interview next Friday the 10th! I received my two emails with instructions and the doodle at the same time. The time frames for my interview group was the 10th-21st. Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing soon! I am so excited that they are on top of it this year (ahead of the schedule!) so yay for us!

Does anyone know what month the second year ends? This year it starts in October 2015, so does that mean it ends in October 2017? Inconvenient if you want to apply to graduate school :/

Does anyone know what month the second year ends? This year it starts in October 2015, so does that mean it ends in October 2017? Inconvenient if you want to apply to graduate school :/
There's no part of the program that requires you to stay all 24 months. I'm leaving a couple of months early myself!

Thank you! That's great to hear.
It's a good program, but if you have an opportunity for a permanent job or school, don't hesitate to leave early.