2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you mean by 10 spots left?
I mean that there were 280 confirmed acceptances. 10 people dropped Wayne because they got off the wait list somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad.

talked to admissions office on the phone and they said "we expect to make another round of offers in the first week of june."

being on a waitlist sucks :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
talked to admissions office on the phone and they said "we expect to make another round of offers in the first week of june."

Thanks for calling and letting us know. I feel ya man. Been looking on previous threads and there seems to be movement in June. Fingers crossed

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster. First of all, congrats to all those who are accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist! Does anyone know the merit-based scholarship timeline? I know some people have already received scholarships. Are they still awarding scholarships at this time?

Did anyone that just got accepted last week receive their financial aid packages?

I did not receive it. I still didn't get the official letter in the mail. Did you get the official letter?
No I did not. I did receive an email about 2 days ago with instructions on how to hold my seat. basically it said to sign the form and write a note saying I accept.

Just withdrew my acceptance due to getting into a Canadian school off the waitlist. Ontario schools have started waitlist movement in the last week, so there could still be a few more spots opening up. Best of luck guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance due to getting into a Canadian school off the waitlist. Ontario schools have started waitlist movement in the last week, so there could still be a few more spots opening up. Best of luck guys!
Oh god I hope that's true. I'm Canadian here and I'm dying for some good news!!

Reactions: 1 users
Has any Canadians heard any news yet? Withdrew your offer? Got accepted off the WL? Still waiting?

Previous years' Wayne State thread are always popping with Canadian-related posts at this time of the year but it seems like that's not the case this year...

Withdrew a long time ago from Wayne as a Canadian. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew today as well to attend a Canadian school. Good luck everyone! :)

Canadian declines go to Canadians and American declines go to Americans?

I've heard rejection letters were sent out already so maybe no one on here has mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Unless out of state people didn't receive it in the mail yet. I wonder when rejections went out?

If I get one I'll report it here. I'm out of state. Not optimistic at this point.

Last edited:
You must have been voted to be kept on the waitlist during the last round so there is hope.

Reactions: 1 users

It's June 1st. Maybe we will hear something this week

last year someone was pulled off the waitlist June 1st.............and then June 8th

Someone should call and ask.

Called, she said she didn't know when decisions would be released. I'm guessing in the next week or so. Not worth holding our breath, per usual.

Do you possibly know when this week they'll send offers?
called and heard that "we do not expect to make offers from the alternate list this week"

This isn't necessarily helpful, as the admissions office has been saying one thing and doing another lol. but, just a heads up in case anyone was hoping to hear something this week

called and heard that "we do not expect to make offers from the alternate list this week"

This isn't necessarily helpful, as the admissions office has been saying one thing and doing another lol. but, just a heads up in case anyone was hoping to hear something this week

These conflicting messages from them are making me more nervous!

Wow. Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol.

My friend got an acceptance today off the waitlist (in state). I called and was told some offers went out today and a few more will be made in the next few days. The woman I spoke with, however, said she doesn't usually work in admissions. She was just covering the phones because everyone had left the office so take it for what it's worth. She did put me on hold when I asked her though, which seemed to imply she asked someone that would know the answer.

Reactions: 2 users
They've been accepting people for the past few days.

The admissions tracker has been updated to 526 offers....unfortunately, I'm taking that as the end of the cycle considering they made 525 offers last year. Holding out a small bit of hope, but time to start working on next year's app....

The admissions tracker has been updated to 526 offers....unfortunately, I'm taking that as the end of the cycle considering they made 525 offers last year. Holding out a small bit of hope, but time to start working on next year's app....

Call and ask them what's up on the waitlist.

Also accepted today! (in-state) Interviewed back in November.

Reactions: 4 users
Throwaway I'm hyped for you! And everyone who got in here. If not, keep grindin', you'll make it.

Called the office today...they can't tell you where you are on the alternate list, but they can tell you if they are still considering you or not based on your AMCAS ID.