2015-2016 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi folks!

I'm landing in SeaTac around 2PM today (interviewing tomorrow). If anyone wants to share an Uber from airport to hotel, please let me know! I don't mind waiting a bit for you. :)
Light rail is cheaper and faster. Just saying.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder what format our update will be in. If it's just another SUC, I will be fairly disappointed... waiting around after an early October interview is killing me.
Yeah, who knows what they mean by "a status update on your application"... Hopefully they're meeting right now and we'll get some news, fingers crossed!

SUC just now. Had previously received an SUC in late November. ~Sigh~

Better than rejection!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if anyone has been rejected yet Post interview? Or does everyone go SUC or accepted

SUC.. Im convinced they dont reject until March

March can't come soon enough! I want to know what I'm doing with my life.

Reactions: 2 users
SUC x3...

I knew before my interview in October that most applicants get SUC'd and can wait until March to hear something, so I thought I would be okay with the waiting. But I'm not! And we still have a little under two months until the final EXCOM meeting. I know it will all be worth it if in March I could get a call or a spot low on the waitlist, but that could easily not happen. :( feeling frustrated and anxious today and I hope someone else who is waiting can relate to this rant and know that s/he's not alone!

Reactions: 3 users
SUC x3...

I knew before my interview in October that most applicants get SUC'd and can wait until March to hear something, so I thought I would be okay with the waiting. But I'm not! And we still have a little under two months until the final EXCOM meeting. I know it will all be worth it if in March I could get a call or a spot low on the waitlist, but that could easily not happen. :( feeling frustrated and anxious today and I hope someone else who is waiting can relate to this rant and know that s/he's not alone!
You're not alone either. This is dumb.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 12/14, and no email yet today. Pretty worried...?

Members don't see this ad :)
SUC x3...

Thanks for the reply. Glad im not the only one feeling this way.

SUC.. Im convinced they dont reject until March

Yeah I was combing through previous posts and it doesn't seem like anyone has been rejected post interview yet, although they were doing so last year in Oct. They also had quite a few more meetings (or at least reports of acceptances/SUCs). This year is just very different...

Same...still no e-mail yet.

First time posting here, but I had an interview on 1/14 IS.

At this point, I am now worried that I might be rejected :(

Did you interview in Seattle? From what I can tell the emails that are going out are only going to the Seattle folks.

+7 or wherever we are on the SUC train

Same...still no e-mail yet.

First time posting here, but I had an interview on 1/14 IS.

At this point, I am now worried that I might be rejected :(
It is also possible that either A. you are getting an acceptance call later or B. they haven't had time to discuss the recent interviewees yet! Yours was just last week, don't worry yet! People interviewed in early December and are just hearing back now!

Did you interview in Seattle? From what I can tell the emails that are going out are only going to the Seattle folks.

+7 or wherever we are on the SUC train
Yeah I interviewed in Seattle. Hopefully....it is not a rejection

It is also possible that either A. you are getting an acceptance call later or B. they haven't had time to discuss the recent interviewees yet! Yours was just last week, don't worry yet! People interviewed in early December and are just hearing back now!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! I will keep all of you updated.

I just expect they are a little backed up since it seems Seattle Excom hadn't met in quite a while, I also interviewed very recently and am not expecting anything for a little bit as they notify the December group

I just expect they are a little backed up since it seems Seattle Excom hadn't met in quite a while, I also interviewed very recently and am not expecting anything for a little bit as they notify the December group

Waiting until next week is going to be a killer...

Yeah I interviewed in Seattle. Hopefully....it is not a rejection

Not that you need to be neurotic, but have you checked the communications log in your portal yet? The last SUC never made it to my email inbox...I didn't even know about it until 3 weeks later! Weird because the one I got today came just fine.

Ah thanks, I'll look out for that in the future! Still no word today... Interview was 5 weeks ago...

Not that you need to be neurotic, but have you checked the communications log in your portal yet? The last SUC never made it to my email inbox...I didn't even know about it until 3 weeks later! Weird because the one I got today came just fine.

Great, now you made me refresh the portal every 5 seconds XD

At this point, I just want a SUC e-mail instead of a rejection...

Just got that SUC. Weird that they don't send them all at once? But I'll take it!

Also received SUC today - interviewed in December. I wonder if UW sent SUC to everyone because they are still behind...? Did anyone hear anything different than SUC today?

SUC #3 as well, interviewed in November.

After the first big batch of SUCs went out, there were some applicants who got the phone call that next week. Not sure if that might apply to this particular batch, but who knows. I do think it's kind of weak to send out a big hype e-mail saying we'll all receive an update, only to get another "just sit tight" message. Oh well-- the wait continues. Good luck everyone!

SUC as well today (#3, interviewed mid-October). I ran into someone from my same interview day this fall who told me she was rejected, so they indeed are sending out post-interview rejections.

As future scientists, keep in mind that SDN is a VERY biased source of information, those getting interviews/SUCs/acceptances are much likely to be more engaged with threads than those who are rejected and have moved on from a school. Personally, I've been posting in places I have heard good news and haven't posted about any of my rejections to other schools' threads. Thus, there are likely many more rejections than we are seeing on this thread.

Good luck everyone! At this point I'm banking on no real news til March. Could be worth the wait, maybe it won't be. Would gladly take even a lowish waitlist spot.
That is VERY good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Interviewed 12/7 in Seattle. Got the SUC email today. Bummer.

SUC'd again. 3rd time since interviewing in October.

I've read through a few years of UW threads to pass the time since my interview and I've never seen so many SUC at once haha. SUC partyyy

Also SUC'ed, interviewed 12/2 in Seattle. Seeing so many SUC'ed actually gives me a little more hope! I am not the only one...

I do have a friend who interviewed at Spokane 1/11 and was just rejected.

Just interviewed recently (Seattle IS), let's hope for the best! If I have to wait until March to hear anything back I will slowly start to implode, this is the true test of patience...

I do have a friend who interviewed at Spokane 1/11 and was just rejected.

IS applicant?

Just interviewed recently (Seattle IS), let's hope for the best! If I have to wait until March to hear anything back I will slowly start to implode, this is the true test of patience...

A lot of us have been waiting since October.. I think every SUC email Ive received Ive imploded a bit. But still grateful for the opportunity.

Wanted to ask again... can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay in Seattle when I interview, preferably <$60 a night? I'm coming from the midwest, so I don't know how reasonable that is.... Thanks in advance

Wanted to ask again... can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay in Seattle when I interview, preferably <$60 a night? I'm coming from the midwest, so I don't know how reasonable that is.... Thanks in advance
Ask for a student host. It's free.

I stayed at the Seattle University Travelodge for a total of $87. It was the cheapest I could find at the time and it was definitely in the top three jankiest hotels at which I've stayed, but it worked.

I'm bringing my wife so trying to find a hotel/motel/hostel anything really
I'm not sure if you have used it before, but I love Airbnb. I booked a place with solid reviews for 25 bucks a night for my upcoming interview. There are some rooms that allow up to two guests and cost 60 dollars or less.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah try Airbnb. I had a room for $80 (pre-fees) right in the U-district on the Ave before my interview. I walked right to the interview building in the morning.