2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also finally received a decision today. High priority wait list. Am very hopeful!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone recieved any sort of substanital need based aid?
When I spoke with someone in the financial aid office the other day, she said that there wasn't much in terms of need based aid (she said $5,000 max).

Reactions: 1 user
When I spoke with someone in the financial aid office the other day, she said that there wasn't much in terms of need based aid (she said $5,000 max).

Thats a little disapointing. I got my reserach/scholarship award today and its still quite a bit off from a different school even though I told them cost is such a big issue for me. Guess I'll find out for sure on monday though when they said to call back. Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a little disapointing. I got my reserach/scholarship award today and its still quite a bit off from a different school even though I told them cost is such a big issue for me. Guess I'll find out for sure on monday though when they said to call back. Thanks for the info!
In regards to the research and service scholarship, when did you apply for it? Also, when were you accepted? I'm hoping to receive news about mine before the April 30 deadline.

Just got placed on the High Priority Waitlist but will be withdrawing due to another acceptance that came a few days prior! Good Luck to everyone! (Interviewed March 30th)

In regards to the research and service scholarship, when did you apply for it? Also, when were you accepted? I'm hoping to receive news about mine before the April 30 deadline.

I applied for it sometime late Feb when I was first put on the HWPL Just got accepted this past Friday and then emailed the dean this morning to ask for that info.

+1!

In reference to hearing about research and service before the 30th.

Anyone know the usual turnaround time for scholarships once they have all the info?

Interviewed late Feb. Still no word! Anyone have an idea at the latest they can realistically get back to you?

Interviewed late Feb. Still no word! Anyone have an idea at the latest they can realistically get back to you?
Someone before on this thread said that the school doesn't really have a deadline to make a decision. Only we have the April 30 deadline to choose one school.

Someone before on this thread said that the school doesn't really have a deadline to make a decision. Only we have the April 30 deadline to choose one school.

If I don't get accepted here, I will have to reapply. So what happens if I don't hear from Einstein by April 30?

If I don't get accepted here, I will have to reapply. So what happens if I don't hear from Einstein by April 30?
You wait to hear the decision. What other option do you have?

April 30 is only significant in that applicants with multiple acceptances have to choose one acceptance offer on that day (if I understand correctly). So from the school's perspective, I'd imagine that they anticipate losing a handful of students that day, and may need to accept a few off the waitlist or accept people that haven't heard a decision yet. If anything in your situation I'd guess that you'll probably hear something in the week or so after April 30, once they have a better idea of what their class is looking like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew after a recent acceptance off the HPA. Was a very hard decision since this was my top choice but I could not get past the 4 year 52k cost over Pitt. Hoping it goes to one of you fine folks! (maybe @ridethecliche)

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew after a recent acceptance off the HPA. Was a very hard decision since this was my top choice but I could not get past the 4 year 52k cost over Pitt. Hoping it goes to one of you fine folks! (maybe @ridethecliche)

Hah, thanks for thinking of me, but it's likely going to be a whileeee for me!

Good luck at Pitt!

Those of you who have submitted updates, did they email you back to let you know that they received it?

I was accepted here and I am in between this school and another. Wondering if people choose Einstein, why? Even though the school is out of the financial trouble this still worries me and I am nervous that it is a newer medical school (1953) compared to other schools that have been around over a hundred years. Anyone else have this same problem?

You're joking right? This is asinine.

Regarding your decision, it depends on the other school...What is it?

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted here and I am in between this school and another. Wondering if people choose Einstein, why? Even though the school is out of the financial trouble this still worries me and I am nervous that it is a newer medical school (1953) compared to other schools that have been around over a hundred years. Anyone else have this same problem?

As someone from NYC I can assure you that Einstein is very highly regarded and well known. I also think it's ridiculous to worry that it's "new" being founded in 1953. Sinai was founded in the 60's and it's a top 20 school.

Your concerns are completely ridiculous.

A "newer" medical school? Einstein has been around for quite a while, and it considered to be an extremely well established school.

As for financial issues, now that the Montefiore takeover is underway, there is no longer any concern regarding Yeshiva University's financial issues.

So essentially, both of your fears are nothing at all. So either you are trolling, or are merely misinformed/worrying about nothing. However, if you still remained so concerned - pass up your spot. There are many many more who are eager to take it!

This may be a stupid question, but are we permitted to hold only one acceptance BY April 30th, or ON April 30th? As in, should a decision be made Wednesday at 11:59PM or Thursday at 11:59PM?

Received a "still interested" email this morning! I was placed on the HPWL earlier this month.

Received a "still interested" email this morning! I was placed on the HPWL earlier this month.
Congrats! When did the email say you needed to respond by? It would be great to have a guess as to when they might release more decisions.

Still waiting on a post-interview decision - I interviewed at the end of March. The waiting is the worst part of this whole process. Has anyone else who interviewed around then heard back recently?

I made the hard decision to withdraw from Einstien. I loved the school but it is not for me at this point in time. I hope that someone here gets my spot and scholarship. Maybe @ridethecliche ? Good luck to everyone waiting for good news!

Still waiting on a post-interview decision - I interviewed at the end of March. The waiting is the worst part of this whole process. Has anyone else who interviewed around then heard back recently?
I'm still waiting as well and I interviewed mid-February. This seems a little crazy seeing as we have to decided today...

Thanks for the vote of confidence people, but I'm in the cheap seats. The hpwl will have to finish moving way before I hear anything.

I appreciate the good vibes though. Hopefully something will trickle down!

Just got the still interested e mail today. I was hpwl a little while ago

Hpwl yesterday. Interviewed late February

I thinking of living off campus and driving to campus as I live in Valhalla. But I'm not sure if I want to pay extra for parking in the lot. Can anyone comment how easy it is to park in the neighborhood? How long does it take to find a pretty good spot?

I thinking of living off campus and driving to campus as I live in Valhalla. But I'm not sure if I want to pay extra for parking in the lot. Can anyone comment how easy it is to park in the neighborhood? How long does it take to find a pretty good spot?

How much does parking in the lot cost? Is it a daily fee or can you pay monthly / yearly?

Last edited:
For anyone who has heard back from Financial Aid, what is Einstein's calculated Cost of Attendance (COA) ? All I can find on their website is the $54,512 tuition and fees.

Thanks!
Estimated to be 78.5K per year

Did anyone taken off the waitlist get the research and service scholarship? Did you apply for it right after you were waitlisted or right after acceptance?

Rejected just now off Regular Waitlist. Not surprised since I knew getting off the regular waitlist would be a long shot but I didn't think they would let me know so quickly after the April 30th deadline. Nevertheless, I thought their rejection email was fair and polite. Hopefully I'll get some love for residency.

Best of luck to those waiting.

Congrats to all those accepted today! I look forward to meeting you all in person!!!!

We gonna be doctas!!!

Did anyone taken off the waitlist get the research and service scholarship? Did you apply for it right after you were waitlisted or right after acceptance?

Just notified of my selection for the Service and Research scholarship! What a day it has been!

Reactions: 4 users
Selection as in you've been invited to apply or you're being notified of receiving the scholarship ?
If the latter, when did you apply for it? (Pre or post interview, waitlist, etc)
Thanks!

Notified of receiving it.

I actually did not send in an application for the scholarship. I was just about to send it in today when I received the email that it was awarded to me.