2012-2013 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, general housing question.

I need to work (in Boston) until like mid-July, so ideally I'd start my lease in St. Louis either July 15th or August 1st (I mean if I have to pay for all of July in order to secure a nice place even though I won't be living there I'm OK with it but it's not ideal). In any case, does anyone know just very generally how the St. Louis housing market works (or, more specifically, the Central West End or Tower Grove housing markets)? For instance, if I don't pick a place, sign a lease, and get this all taken care of for July 1st am I not going to be able to find a nice spot for this year? Or will new apartments open up in July which I could check out and move into at the beginning of August?
Just FYI I'll be moving with my girlfriend who will be working from our apt. in St. Louis (for her company up in Boston) for a while so we're ideally looking for a 2+-bedroom.
Any info. is much appreciated!

BTW I realize I should probably put this on the facebook page but I'm just not big on facebook.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed slu on monday and they said that no movement yet and then thanked me for my patience during the extended application process. But I thought movement would have started yesterday. Who know if it did or if it ever will. very frustrating to be left in the dark

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off wait list yesterday, definitely going :D

no offence, but post count = 1...

SLU has a low yield ratio and probably accepts many students off the waitlist.. suspicious with only 1 person commenting so far, who also just created an account, saying they got in.

I understand the skepticism. I just wanted to post so others in the same boat know hope remains and yes, it was by email.

no offence, but post count = 1...

SLU has a low yield ratio and probably accepts many students off the waitlist.. suspicious with only 1 person commenting so far, who also just created an account, saying they got in.

A lot of people lurk and then post when they get an acceptance. SLU is moving strangely slow this year but it's not grounds to accuse someone of trolling.

Congrats randomface!

I wonder how fast they send out these acceptances, that is, whether or not there is any acceptances between now and 2 weeks from now.

Hey guys, general housing question.

I need to work (in Boston) until like mid-July, so ideally I'd start my lease in St. Louis either July 15th or August 1st (I mean if I have to pay for all of July in order to secure a nice place even though I won't be living there I'm OK with it but it's not ideal). In any case, does anyone know just very generally how the St. Louis housing market works (or, more specifically, the Central West End or Tower Grove housing markets)? For instance, if I don't pick a place, sign a lease, and get this all taken care of for July 1st am I not going to be able to find a nice spot for this year? Or will new apartments open up in July which I could check out and move into at the beginning of August?
Just FYI I'll be moving with my girlfriend who will be working from our apt. in St. Louis (for her company up in Boston) for a while so we're ideally looking for a 2+-bedroom.
Any info. is much appreciated!

BTW I realize I should probably put this on the facebook page but I'm just not big on facebook.

You can find a place now, pay your deposit and your lease just starts the day you move in. I did that last year (found a place in June, move in beginning of August). Of course this is probably building specific.

I think most openings are around now when students move out and close up around August when students move in. I doubt any openings will happen in July but either way you should start looking sooner rather than later. I know there are already waitlists for many buildings so I would get a move on while you can.

Spoke with someone in admissions today. The WL is moving, and notifications could go out any day, not just Wednesdays. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and I just got my acceptance off of the wait list on Friday. They sent me an email with an attachment to print and mail my deposit. I hope this information helps you guys.

I just withdrew from the alternate list. Had an absolutely amazing time at my interview and would have loved to spend 4 years in St. Louis and at SLU. Great school. Thing is, I got accepted to a school here in SoCal, which also happens to be close to home for me and my top choice school. SLU was an extremely strong second choice though.

Good luck to all of you guys. Hope you get in.

Accepted off wait list yesterday. :hardy: Best of luck to those still waiting.

This is a really noob question, but does Saint Louis calculate CGPA of all years?

How is the CGPA calculated?

Do you need full course load every year at St. Louis?

Thanks

Last edited:
This is a really noob question, but does Saint Louis calculate CGPA of all years?

Thanks

There's no such thing as GPA in med school. There isn't any course selection at SLU -- everyone does the same thing.

Thanks

Unless you're inventive, I imagine it's difficult to calculate a useful GPA for a pass/fail curriculum.

FYI

"As of June 20, 2013, there were 178 students posited in the class of 2017; 51 percent were women and 8.7 percent were minorities."

FYI

"As of June 20, 2013, there were 178 students posited in the class of 2017; 51 percent were women and 8.7 percent were minorities."

What's the typical class size every year? Does 178 students mean no more waitlist movement?

Thanks

I meant for admission into MD at St. Louis. How is the GPA calculated?

Withdrew my acceptance here this morning - hope it goes to one of you who really want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.