2012-2013 Sackler Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how long it takes between submission of a complete application and notification about the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

agreed - I spoke to a current sackler student who told me that lots of people in his class were initially wait listed :)

sorry to hear that man. but yes, at this point we can be optimistic, while at the same time making back up plans for the worst case. i hope we all get in, it will simply be a blast to live in and study medicine in Tel Aviv for four years. wow.

Just found my acceptance letter hiding in a bush on my porch (lazy mailmen)... Can't wait to see all you other class of 2017ers....

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know, if you've been waitlisted and you happen to get accepted off the waitlist, would you receive an email or a letter???

does anyone know, if you've been waitlisted and you happen to get accepted off the waitlist, would you receive an email or a letter???

You will receive a letter.

Best,
E. Bernays

Last edited:
Can anyone who had their interview in new york recommend a hotel near the office? Also any recommendations on how to prepare for the interview?

Can anyone who had their interview in new york recommend a hotel near the office? Also any recommendations on how to prepare for the interview?

Prepare as you would for any other interview for med school. Make sure to show them you are interested (e.g. ask questions) and can handle living away in Israel for four years. Be prepared to answer questions based on your personal statement and application.

Best of luck,
E. Bernays

Do you know by any chance when the admissions committee will be accepting the next round of students?

Can those who were accepted to Sackler for class of 2017 share their stats? Thanks!

has anyone else gotten any news of acceptances or otherwise? it's weird that I was waitlisted several weeks ago, but no one is posting any more acceptances. bahhhh I wish I knew what I was doing next year already!

has anyone else gotten any news of acceptances or otherwise? it's weird that I was waitlisted several weeks ago, but no one is posting any more acceptances. bahhhh I wish I knew what I was doing next year already!

I actually got wait listed today. Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the wait list? Or when they let you know if you have gotten off the wait list?

I actually got wait listed today. Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the wait list? Or when they let you know if you have gotten off the wait list?

i asked them what the timetable is of hearing back about wait list results - they said pretty much anytime from now until august...:bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I was accepted with a 3.5 GPA and 35 MCAT. I also had a bunch of extracurriculars to go along with it...

GPA: 3.47 MCAT: 32Q Good Luck, I got in off the waitlist today (4/18/13).

When did you get wait listed? How did they let you know you are off the wait list and did you do anything to get off the wait list?

congrats! interesting that they're already taking people off the waitlist. when did you get wait listed, and if I may ask did you get a letter or an email telling you about the acceptance?

congrats! interesting that they're already taking people off the waitlist. when did you get wait listed, and if I may ask did you get a letter or an email telling you about the acceptance?

I was wait-listed on march 15th by email. I drafted and sent a letter of intent to Sackler including reflections on my interview shortly after. I also had a mentor send a specific letter of support outlining why I would be a good candidate for the program at Sackler. I was accepted in a posted letter on the 4/18. Good luck!

Emailed the Sackler office today for an update. No movement from the waitlist as of today (I have been waitlisted since March 8). Just noticed that they are still accepting applications until this Friday though (May 17) so that will hold up the process for those on the wait list. Hopefully we will hear soon!

Anyone accepted get a welcome packet or anything beside acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Spoke to the office on Friday - said they should be sending the welcome packets out either this week or the next

Or you could ask the office to email it to you - worked for me!

got my letter yesterday, accepted!! a weight off my shoulders. good luck everybody.

Did anyone else get off the wait list in the recent weeks?

Nothing...I emailed my update letter about 2 months ago and still have not heard. I'm hoping to know one way or another in the next couple weeks. Gotta make some decisions!

Accepted! (Off of the waitlist). I received an email today with the acceptance letter attached. I am currently travelling abroad and so asked to receive an email in addition to a letter. The email states that the letter was mailed today (May 31st), so there should probably be more on the way to some of you. My stats are 3.6 GPA and 31 MCAT. Was waitlisted back in mid March. Very excited to be joining the class of 2017 and wish good luck to all those still waiting.

Accepted! (Off of the waitlist). I received an email today with the acceptance letter attached. I am currently travelling abroad and so asked to receive an email in addition to a letter. The email states that the letter was mailed today (May 31st), so there should probably be more on the way to some of you. My stats are 3.6 GPA and 31 MCAT. Was waitlisted back in mid March. Very excited to be joining the class of 2017 and wish good luck to all those still waiting.

Hey digitallion. Congrats! Did you apply and/or get accepted to any other Israeli med schools? If so, why Sackler over the others? I was accepted to MSIH and Technion and still waitlisted for Sackler. Wanting to eventually get back to Canada.

Hey digitallion. Congrats! Did you apply and/or get accepted to any other Israeli med schools? If so, why Sackler over the others? I was accepted to MSIH and Technion and still waitlisted for Sackler. Wanting to eventually get back to Canada.

Hey MedAB87, I just sent you a private message.

Anyone hear any news in the past few weeks? I asked the admissions office a couple weeks ago if they were still filling the class or waiting for people to give up spots and they said they were still filling the class and pulling from the waitlist/ last of the interviews. Haven't seen any updates since then on here, though.

Doesn't seem like anyone gets rejected after interview, either waitlist or accepted?

Does Sackler accept asian applicants? I don't know if I can find a matriculant demographic anywhere. It would be super cool to go to medical school in Israel.

Does Sackler accept asian applicants? I don't know if I can find a matriculant demographic anywhere. It would be super cool to go to medical school in Israel.

I believe Sackler takes students from all races and creeds, much like most other U.S. schools. It might be easier if you have Jewish heritage, as it would probably point to an easier acclimation in Israel, but you certainly don't have to be. hope that helps, and good luck!

Sackler definitely does accept Asian students.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

has anyone heard anything from Sackler recently in regards to being accepted off the wait list??

Was rejected in the mail today.

Was on waitlist. I never knew they reject on waitlist??

Guess they are sending out the rejections now. Just got mine as well. Waitlisted at the end of April.

Guess they are sending out the rejections now. Just got mine as well. Waitlisted at the end of April.

Im sorry to hear that :(
do you mind me asking if you got a letter or an email?