2012-2013 Sackler Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureMD2017

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

?אתם ישראלים, או רק יהודים

Members don't see this ad :)
?אתם ישראלים, או רק יהודים

I am Jewish, I am applying along with some of my Non-Jewish friends. Each class has a nice diverse mix. There are a lot of Jewish student, because it is Israel, after all.

I hope to get into a NY school- but Sacklers is my top choice if I don't get in.

I am also interested in Sackler. I have heard that in the past Sackler students did their rotations/clinicals in the US after the first two years of medical school. From what I have read, it seems like that has changed and Sackler students spend all four years in Israel. If anyone could clarify this or provide some information I would really appreciate it. Thank you and good luck everyone :)

I am also interested in Sackler. I have heard that in the past Sackler students did their rotations/clinicals in the US after the first two years of medical school. From what I have read, it seems like that has changed and Sackler students spend all four years in Israel. If anyone could clarify this or provide some information I would really appreciate it. Thank you and good luck everyone :)
a large portion of the 4th year rotations are conducted in the US.

Does anybody know if the personal statement requirement of 5000 characters is including spaces or not? Also same question with regards to the experiences section. Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know if the personal statement requirement of 5000 characters is including spaces or not? Also same question with regards to the experiences section. Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that spaces are always included in the character count.

Does anyone know if attending Sackler voids an IDF draft deferral? It's been deferred due to US residency and I think that being a student'll allow me to defer until I age out (female), but my closest consulate's office is being completely unhelpful and the Hebrew and English versions of my draft deferral papers do not say the same thing(!).

just got an II today!! My interview will be in San Francisco. very excited!

sure, i have around a 3.4 gpa and 35Q mcat. don't know my cgpa vs. my sgpa though.

Does anyone know if attending Sackler voids an IDF draft deferral? It's been deferred due to US residency and I think that being a student'll allow me to defer until I age out (female), but my closest consulate's office is being completely unhelpful and the Hebrew and English versions of my draft deferral papers do not say the same thing(!).

That's a question you'd probably want to ask the office about. There is some sort of draft deferral given by Sackler but I don't know how it works with previous deferrals, and this is the sort of thing you want to be completely certain about.

You can try either [email protected] (the New York office address) or [email protected] (the Tel Aviv office for the NY program -- and no that is not a typo, there is no 'e')

Members don't see this ad :)
Also just received an interview invitation. Very excited. Had anyone had one yet? If so, how did it go?

What kinds of questions did they ask? My stats are 3.6 GPA and 31 MCAT.

i had my interview last week. very laid back, the doctor interviewing me started off by showing me a video about sackler, pretty chill. expect the normal why you and why medicine questions, tell me about yourself, if you have all those down you should be fine. honestly didn't get any especially hard curveballs. good luck!

I had my interview on 10/19/2012 at Stanford. It was very good and relaxed. I really want to go to Sackler, but not sure if I can get in with my stats. GPA 3.7, MCAT 25, undergraduate institution UC Davis. Hospital volunteering, research and club officer extracurricular activities. =) I hope we'll have a diverse class for 2013, want to meet new and interesting people.

did they say when we'll hear back?

If it's anything like previous years, don't expect to hear back post-interview until fairly late... Think late March/early April

Had my interview today in Toronto. Was very casual, short, and conversational. Did not receive any of the typical questions I was expecting. Mostly spoke about my medical related experiences, the school itself and her time there. Good luck to everyone applying.

Looks like rockets hit the water just outside of Yaffo! Hope your guys' families (if in Israel) are safe and well.

That's a question you'd probably want to ask the office about. There is some sort of draft deferral given by Sackler but I don't know how it works with previous deferrals, and this is the sort of thing you want to be completely certain about.

You can try either [email protected] (the New York office address) or [email protected] (the Tel Aviv office for the NY program -- and no that is not a typo, there is no 'e')

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Can anyone tell me how large the class size at Sackler is and how many people match? Thanks.

I took a brief look at a match list and was quite shocked at the number of decent residency programs graduates were placed in.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how large the class size at Sackler is and how many people match? Thanks.

I took a brief a look at a match list and was quite shocked at the number of decent residency programs graduates were placed in.

Class size is around 60-65 people each year, and the match rate is very high, >90-95%. The school is pretty well established (it's been around for more than 30 years) and has a reputation for having quality graduates. It's especially well known in the New York area, but grads are all over the states. I would think that the people who don't match, don't match for their own reasons, not because of the program or school.

I will definitely be looking forward to applying , interviewing, and ultimately being accepted at Sackler Med.

Anyone who applied, did you receive an correspondence from them on whether or not they received your applications. If so how long did that take and what was the time after that it took to hear back with regards to an ii.

I emailed them a few days after I send in the application to check that they received all of my documents. I got invited for an interview a few weeks later.

Does anyone know when the first admissions committee meeting will happen?

Having my interview on Friday in Chicago.

GPA: 3.2 (but in Masters program, getting a 3.7) MCAT: 31

Very excited about potentially going back to Israel for med school. My whole dad's side is Israeli and I've been there several times, but not since my sophmore year in college.

good luck everyone. i looked in the sackler 2011-12 thread and it looks like they give acceptances starting in march

I applied to Sackler in October and interviewed this past week in Chicago. I was hoping to find out some things from other people who are interested in going to Sackler. Does anyone know how many students get accepted, the range of accepted students, the percentage of students that get wait listed who are later accepted?? I was just reading last years threads and started getting a lot more nervous. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I applied to Sackler in October and interviewed this past week in Chicago. I was hoping to find out some things from other people who are interested in going to Sackler. Does anyone know how many students get accepted, the range of accepted students, the percentage of students that get wait listed who are later accepted?? I was just reading last years threads and started getting a lot more nervous. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

not certain about any of this, but i think the class size is around 60-70 students. not sure how many they accept total or what the wait list is like, i think the wait list like most other schools is dependent on the year.

i think the range is avg gpa around 3.5 and avg. MCAT around a 32, but again don't hold me to this. can't wait to hear back from sackler. i will probably be in israel in april, hoping to tour the school then. good luck everyone.

Thanks for the response. Where did you find this info? I am around 3.5 GPA and MCAT not in the 30's but my interview went really well and was very laid back. Sounds very similar to some of you that have posted feedback from your interviews. I am sooo excited to hear back. I cannot believe we have to wait until March or April. Have fun in Israel and post about how the tour went when you visit! I'd love to hear about it. Good luck everyone!

It's interesting that you are also in Chicago because my interviewer said that there were very few students that apply from Chicago. Where did you go to undergrad?

It's interesting that you are also in Chicago because my interviewer said that there were very few students that apply from Chicago. Where did you go to undergrad?

i'm not sure how accurate my info was, i went onto a lot of past sackler threads and thats what i seemed to understand. i know, it's nuts that we have to wait so long, especially considering i interviewed in october, that's like a 5-6 month wait to hear back. but i honestly believe if i don't get into any US MD schools and (if i hopefully) get into sackler, i will definitely go there, it seems like an awesome school and somewhere i will be happy living and learning medicine. when april rolls around and i go to israel i will make sure to update you guys if i do end up visiting the school.

and my bad i quoted the wrong thread, i'm not the guy from chicago lol

Is it too late to apply now? Is this school rolling admission?

Is it too late to apply now? Is this school rolling admission?

i would definitely still apply now. i looked at several past sackler threads and people who applied in february and even march still got interviews.

Anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

Anyone hear back yet?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone here have to go for a second round interview? I interviewed here (Detroit) and now have to go to a second round interview in Chicago. They gave me Chicago or NYC as a choice..

Did anyone here have to go for a second round interview? I interviewed here (Detroit) and now have to go to a second round interview in Chicago. They gave me Chicago or NYC as a choice..

i saw on last year's thread that some people had to do a second interview. did they tell you why they invited you to a second one? that's pretty interesting

I got a second interview and I was accepted. Another classmate of mine got a second interview and he too was accepted. A student in the year above also received a second interview and he too was accepted. I don't know why they do it, but its not a bad thing.

i saw on last year's thread that some people had to do a second interview. did they tell you why they invited you to a second one? that's pretty interesting

When did you have your first interview? I interviewed in Chicago and have not heard anything about a second interview. If you don't mind, what are your stats?