2012-2013 Sackler Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, I meant to quote the person that has a second interview in Chicago.

Members don't see this ad.

Glad to know the second interview isn't a bad thing...I had my first interview in early December. Stats MCAT 29 GPA 3.6 from the university of michigan

first interview was local, second was only given choice of NYC/Chicago

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you have your first interview? I interviewed in Chicago and have not heard anything about a second interview. If you don't mind, what are your stats?

i interviewed in san francisco in october, haven't heard anything about a second interview either. MCAT >34, GPA >3.3

by the way, nice work getting this thread to page 2 finally.

and i can't wait till march...

Does anyone know when in March they start giving out acceptances? Early/mid/late?

Does anyone know when in March they start giving out acceptances? Early/mid/late?

on last year's thread, it looks like people started getting them mid March I believe.

Just Accepted today, got my letter in the mail. I was wondering what you guys thought on Sackler vs. DO schools? I figure the MD is a better degree to have.

Just Accepted today, got my letter in the mail. I was wondering what you guys thought on Sackler vs. DO schools? I figure the MD is a better degree to have.

OMG, congrats! I didn't think we'd hear back until March. When did you interview?

amazing man, congratulations. i really hope to join you soon. and yeah, wow, i thought they start in march...now you're gonna make me paranoid checking mail every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. 3.79, 36R
Good luck to the rest of you all!

Received acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. 3.79, 36R
Good luck to the rest of you all!

I saw another post from you in 2011 that said you were accepted to Sackler. You reapplied after you were accepted two years back? That seems odd.

got a fat envelope today. thought it might be an acceptance. turns out it's just a big brochure detailing stuff about sackler i already know. arghhhhh! :mad:

got a fat envelope today. thought it might be an acceptance. turns out it's just a big brochure detailing stuff about sackler i already know. arghhhhh! :mad:

Me too! I got this today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Me too! I got this today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I got the brochure as well! It is getting so close to when we will find out and I am getting so antsy. Has anyone received acceptances/rejections or wait list decisions yet?

Submitted my app back in November (I Think). Didn't find out that they were waiting for another transcript until I called them last month. Just had my interview today with a shrink in Los Angeles. She told me I'd be a great fit and the whole interview was less than 20 minutes.

Hope I hear back soon

33 | 3.71 | UCLA

Submitted my app back in November (I Think). Didn't find out that they were waiting for another transcript until I called them last month. Just had my interview today with a shrink in Los Angeles. She told me I'd be a great fit and the whole interview was less than 20 minutes.

Hope I hear back soon

33 | 3.71 | UCLA

good luck dude. i had my interview back in october, so what's another two or four weeks of waiting right?

I got a second interview and I was accepted. Another classmate of mine got a second interview and he too was accepted. A student in the year above also received a second interview and he too was accepted. I don't know why they do it, but its not a bad thing.

Sorry, not sure if you said this yet but since you're a first year student, do you know if many of the students that were wait listed last year ended up getting accepted or the number of students that got in off the wait list? Thanks!!

Sorry, not sure if you said this yet but since you're a first year student, do you know if many of the students that were wait listed last year ended up getting accepted or the number of students that got in off the wait list? Thanks!!

man i hope we don't have to deal with the waitlist. i just wanna get accepted already!!!!!

man i hope we don't have to deal with the waitlist. i just wanna get accepted already!!!!!

i guess i shouldnt have said anything. i just got an email saying I'm on the waitlist. I'm honestly stunned, I thought my interview went really well, and I believed I would get in. Now I'm on two waitlists. The word wait has now become my least favorite word ever.

They said in the email I am still under very serious consideration, but man, I'm just really pissed right now. Hopefully this will turn out well. good luck to the rest of you.

Did anyone else receive their brochure, wondering if there is some sort of correlation ..

Anyone not hear back that interviewed October?

Sent from my SPH-L710

Hey y'all, I was unsuccessful getting canadian interviews and sackler is now on my radar. think i have a shot at sackler?(apparently the deadline is may 2013) 3.72 cGPA and 30Q MCAT, 10, 10, 10
or should i rewrite my MCAT and try again next year in canada?
supposedly sackler grads do great with residency matches in the US but I have no idea how to read the match list. are the institutions and locations generally desirable? thanks!

Did anyone else receive their brochure, wondering if there is some sort of correlation ..

Anyone not hear back that interviewed October?

Sent from my SPH-L710

I got the brochure last week and then got an acceptance a few days later; it appears another individual got the brochure and then got waitlisted - go figure

I got the brochure last week and then got an acceptance a few days later; it appears another individual got the brochure and then got waitlisted - go figure

When did you interview? And in ny?

Sent from my SPH-L710

ya lookks like theres no real pattern with the whole brochure thing. i just find it a bit weird that they already waitlisted me, seeing (at least from SDN, i know its a small sample space) that they haven't accepted a bunch of people, i thought maybe they'd at least wait to compare me to some other applicants.

just a bit frustrated, cause i would love to go to sackler and truly thought i had a good shot after my interview, and my numbers aren't bad. at this point i can just hope that they were serious about saying only a few candidates are placed on the waitlist and that we are all given serious consideration still. what's a few more months waiting at this point haha

and congrats podyon!

Hey y'all, I was unsuccessful getting canadian interviews and sackler is now on my radar. think i have a shot at sackler?(apparently the deadline is may 2013) 3.72 cGPA and 30Q MCAT, 10, 10, 10
or should i rewrite my MCAT and try again next year in canada?
supposedly sackler grads do great with residency matches in the US but I have no idea how to read the match list. are the institutions and locations generally desirable? thanks!

It seems that you would definitely have a good shot with Sackler, although if I were you I would apply as soon as possible because they have already started accepting people. I'm also a fellow Canadian and McGill grad with similar stats. My understanding is the match list is full of some pretty impressive institutions and as far as desirable locations, you'll have to decide that for yourself. Good Luck!

ya lookks like theres no real pattern with the whole brochure thing. i just find it a bit weird that they already waitlisted me, seeing (at least from SDN, i know its a small sample space) that they haven't accepted a bunch of people, i thought maybe they'd at least wait to compare me to some other applicants.

just a bit frustrated, cause i would love to go to sackler and truly thought i had a good shot after my interview, and my numbers aren't bad. at this point i can just hope that they were serious about saying only a few candidates are placed on the waitlist and that we are all given serious consideration still. what's a few more months waiting at this point haha

and congrats podyon!

Thanks! all the best to you as well - hopefully see you in sackler next yr!

Waitlisted:-(
Does anyone know if they have movement?

Last edited:
Waitlisted:-(
Does anyone know if they have movement?

Did you receive your wait list by email or in the mail? I interviewed in early December and still haven't heard anything and am wondering why. I am in the midwest so I am assuming the people who received acceptance/waitlist responses were on the East Coast??

whoa - your 33 MCAT is pretty impressive and your 3.71 cGPA is not bad - were you not successful getting in elsewhere with those stats? sorry to hear that buddy, I'm pretty surprised too, you seem more than deserving of a spot at sackler. how are your extracurriculars?

and congrats podyon!

thanks digitallion! for what it's worth, i heard a sackler grad just got matched at u of t, which is super exciting from my POV. Still can't seem to shake the idea in the back of my mind that sackler sounds a little too good to be true though. What're your thoughts? What's your story? Where else did you apply? is this your first year applying?

It seems that you would definitely have a good shot with Sackler, although if I were you I would apply as soon as possible because they have already started accepting people. I'm also a fellow Canadian and McGill grad with similar stats. My understanding is the match list is full of some pretty impressive institutions and as far as desirable locations, you'll have to decide that for yourself. Good Luck!

thanks digitallion! for what it's worth, i heard a sackler grad just got matched at u of t, which is super exciting from my POV. Still can't seem to shake the idea in the back of my mind that sackler sounds a little too good to be true though. What're your thoughts? What's your story? Where else did you apply? is this your first year applying?

Hey, just sent you a private message

Did you receive your wait list by email or in the mail? I interviewed in early December and still haven't heard anything and am wondering why. I am in the midwest so I am assuming the people who received acceptance/waitlist responses were on the East Coast??

i received mine by email. from previous sackler threads, i kinda knew an email=waitlist, so when i saw that email from sackler i started cursing lol. ascg, i hope you and i get off the waitlist and that i see you all in israel in august.

Got the dreaded waitlist email today.... If the last couple years threads are any indication, a LOT of the people who are wait-listed initially eventually get accepted. For all those in the same position, lets stay optimistic.

Last edited:
Got the dreaded waitlist email today.... If the last couple years threads are any indication, a LOT of the people who are wait-listed initially eventually get accepted. For all those in the same position, lets stay optimistic.

sorry to hear that man. but yes, at this point we can be optimistic, while at the same time making back up plans for the worst case. i hope we all get in, it will simply be a blast to live in and study medicine in Tel Aviv for four years. wow.

Does anyone have an idea of admissions statistics for this place? Hard to really find it online

Does anyone have an idea of admissions statistics for this place? Hard to really find it online

Last year they said that 600-700 applied for a class of about 60-65. Average GPA and MCAT is unknown but likely 3.5+ and 30+.

Figured out the answer to my question sorry please excuse this post!

Did anyone else interview in feb and is waiting to hear?? Just hoping for a quick turn around!

Is that the whole list because it only lists 49 Who matched?

Rumor has it that a bunch of people had to scramble(soap) because they applied to residencies that were unrealistic given their usmle scores etc. It was one of the worst matches in recent years if you compare it to 2012 or 2011 for example. I don't think it is reflective of any change in the program.