2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone written a letter for CAP prior to thanksgiving and gotten taken off CAP yet? I'm beginning to feel more and more like I'm going to be one of the applicants not selected off CAP :(

ya i was CAPed 10/31 and have still not heard anything..hoping for april to be a good month!

Members don't see this ad.

Have any accepted student received an invitation to the social networking site?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them today and asked about it. They sent me an invite this afternoon.

are people that have been accepted waiting for acceptances at other schools? just wondering if there will be any substantial CAP movement in April/May...

are people that have been accepted waiting for acceptances at other schools? just wondering if there will be any substantial CAP movement in April/May...

Was accepted in December, withdrew today. Hope this helps with WL movement!

Any current students that could comment on Georgetowns second look day and how it did to convince them? It sounds like it will be a very professional event as opposed to some others that I will be attending.

hopefully see a lot of movement in 1 week

Hopeful for this as well! Does anyone know how many are currently CAPed/have written letters? I wanna say on interview day we were told they'd tell us if we asked.

There's a social site for medical students. You should receive an invitation to join within a couple of weeks of being accepted.

i honestly dont know why georgetown is so conservative in its acceptances and heavily draw from the CAP... the benefit of this strategy seems marginal. Nonetheless, I will be withdrawing from the CAP list... gtown and D.C. seems like an awesome place... good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Losing my mind guys. I logged in to the portal, and this was probably always there, but it looks like this:

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: [Date]
Accepted

Application Status: Completed on [Date]

That Accepted has always been there, right? It has nothing to do with your post-interview decision?

I need to take a daily Print Scrn so I don't imagine things are changing...

Losing my mind guys. I logged in to the portal, and this was probably always there, but it looks like this:

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: [Date]
Accepted

Application Status: Completed on [Date]

That Accepted has always been there, right? It has nothing to do with your post-interview decision?

I need to take a daily Print Scrn so I don't imagine things are changing...

Mine appeared like this but said "Waitlist" instead. It was updated later that night with an actual letter. I'd say it probably means you got accepted! Congrats!

Mine appeared like this but said "Waitlist" instead. It was updated later that night with an actual letter. I'd say it probably means you got accepted! Congrats!

So it hasn't been there the whole time?? Ahhh! This is nerve wracking. It would be my first acceptance, which would be aMAYzing, but I def don't want to count my chickens before they hatch :oops:

Do you mind my asking, did you get an email telling you once it was updated with the actual letter? Also, thanks for your help, and good luck!!

So it hasn't been there the whole time?? Ahhh! This is nerve wracking. It would be my first acceptance, which would be aMAYzing, but I def don't want to count my chickens before they hatch :oops:

Do you mind my asking, did you get an email telling you once it was updated with the actual letter? Also, thanks for your help, and good luck!!

I don't think it's been there the whole time, no. Mine wasn't at least.

The site updated for me around midnight. I got an email the next morning at like 6 AM.

I don't think it's been there the whole time, no. Mine wasn't at least.

The site updated for me around midnight. I got an email the next morning at like 6 AM.

my status doesnt say either..i was cap so idk maybe it is a sign you were accepted! congrat!

Oh noes, I'm not sure there is anything to congratulate yet! Don't want to jinx myself or incur bad karma :scared: (But thanks for the nice wishes! :))

When did you notice the status change? When did you interview?

Congrats- I think this does reflect the decision. Just checked mine and similar, but says "Rejected Post-Interview"

Guess I'll be going to my state school!
All the best to all here

Congrats- I think this does reflect the decision. Just checked mine and similar, but says "Rejected Post-Interview"

Guess I'll be going to my state school!
All the best to all here

:( Sorry to hear that! Congrats on acceptance to your state school though! Future mdart may be grateful for the lower COA ...

where is the second look schedule!!! the website still hasnt been updated!!! i need to buy my return ticket!!!

Status change email this morning, officially accepted! First acceptance, thank you lord baby jesus!! :soexcited:

I sincerely wish all still waiting for good news the best of luck! I wouldn't will the med school admissions process on my worst enemy, but I think anyone who chooses to endure it is pret-ty darn impressive and deserves good things :thumbup::luck:

Status change email this morning, officially accepted! First acceptance, thank you lord baby jesus!! :soexcited:

I sincerely wish all still waiting for good news the best of luck! I wouldn't will the med school admissions process on my worst enemy, but I think anyone who chooses to endure it is pret-ty darn impressive and deserves good things :thumbup::luck:

First acceptances are so exciting!!. And you got it at a good one too. Congratss!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I think any and all acceptances would be cruel today of all days haha. I don't think I'd take it seriously.

I think any and all acceptances would be cruel today of all days haha. I don't think I'd take it seriously.

Haha I got a rejection from a different school today and thought the same thing.

Any current students that could comment on Georgetowns second look day and how it did to convince them? It sounds like it will be a very professional event as opposed to some others that I will be attending.

Also wondering about this. Also wondering about the schedule for the day... Anybody know anything about this?

same!!! hoping people who have multiple acceptances have already withdrew from here if they dont want to go

One of my friends withdrew last week. So to my fellow white male trad applicants, that's one more opening for us. :p

i guess no movement today?? maybe tomorrow...

Maybe some CAP movement this week.... hoping and praying!
Aren't we all!! :xf:

same!!! hoping people who have multiple acceptances have already withdrew from here if they dont want to go
That or they'll have to drop a lot of cash to keep the waiting game up haha

One of my friends withdrew last week. So to my fellow white male trad applicants, that's one more opening for us. :p

!

i guess no movement today?? maybe tomorrow...

It was April 9th last year I believe. Just be patient - it will happen when it happens

Has anyone brought up the idea of calling in regards to their app, and if so, what's the consensus?

Aren't we all!! :xf:

That or they'll have to drop a lot of cash to keep the waiting game up haha

!

Has anyone brought up the idea of calling in regards to their app, and if so, what's the consensus?

Calling would make too much sense :p - but really, haha. I would, but I have called/emailed them so much already that's it's probably borderline harassment lol.

what would you even say if you called? they are prob just going to tell you the usual that your app is still in the CAP list and we are having some movement soon so wait for the decesions online because we cannot give decisions on the phone..ive kind of given up on calling unless i have a specific questions

Has anybody gotten their financial aid package yet?

Does anyone know the status on bringing guests to second look?

Does anyone know the status on bringing guests to second look?

I called and asked about a month ago. They said (albeit somewhat indirectly) that it would be fine but the guest would not be able to participate in every activity. I plan on bring someone with me if nothing else just to get a feel for the school and area in general.

Question: I have a flight leaving from Dulles at 8:00. I think I might not go to the event at 4:00 just to make sure I can make my flight. Is that enough time?

Status
Not open for further replies.