2010-2011 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewed October 14th, and I got the same waitlist letter today. I should've specified when I was pleading with the universe to give me some news that I only wanted it if it was awesome! :)

Now I have to decide if I go on planning my life or if I wait a bit...

Members don't see this ad.

ditto :( waiting, but thank God I have CA offers. this is going to be a long wait...............:scared:

OH man, i got the letter too. Damn... this was the only shot I had at going home to CA. no love from any of my other state schools! pretty bummed.

do they reject anyone after the interviews? or do we all just get "high priority wait listed". somehow it doesnt feel as promising as they want it to sound...

Members don't see this ad :)
OH man, i got the letter too. Damn... this was the only shot I had at going home to CA. no love from any of my other state schools! pretty bummed.

do they reject anyone after the interviews? or do we all just get "high priority wait listed". somehow it doesnt feel as promising as they want it to sound...

Last year they rejected post interview. People just don't tend to post rejections. I think that HPL is promising. We get looked at again and compared to current interviewees before May 15th, whereas alternate list people have to wait for others to decline offers of acceptance (typically May 15th or later).

did any of you who got a "high priority list" email attend the interview on Nov 29th or later? I'm wondering whether they've made decisions on more recent interviewees yet....

i was first week of Dec... best of :luck: at least its not a waitlist "the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die" :rolleyes::D

wow, is anyone else still waiting to hear for interviews? complete since early oct, and still "secondary received" when i log in. i can't believe there's only one date left in feb! :scared: hopefully i won't get the rejection pdf after diligently checking my status every night for months now +pity+

&#8593;&#8593;&#8593; aww i SO feel your pain... </3 only I check my gmail + status page (of this school and others) every 3 hours and not every night... hey, at least we're not rejected yet?? gluck everyone!:xf:

got the high priority for reconsideration PDF

is high priority just a thing that they tell everyone or is it significant?

got the high priority for reconsideration PDF

is high priority just a thing that they tell everyone or is it significant?

looks like according to bengarama we get compared to later interviewees and can hear before may 15th (which sounds correct based on the letter) vs being put on the alternate list right away. hopefully thats true-- even though Im probably gonna stay in SoCal anyways, i would still consider this school. It just sucks my interviews went by really well but by the sounds of what the committee meetings are like (based on what the dean said), it seems like they dont weight interviews as heavily as other schools. its more like another piece of the puzzle

I just got back from a lovely weekend in San Francisco. So hard to not make pathetic whimpering noises every time I looked up the hill and saw the beautiful sunlit buildings of UCSF. :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
looks like according to bengarama we get compared to later interviewees and can hear before may 15th (which sounds correct based on the letter) vs being put on the alternate list right away. hopefully thats true-- even though Im probably gonna stay in SoCal anyways, i would still consider this school. It just sucks my interviews went by really well but by the sounds of what the committee meetings are like (based on what the dean said), it seems like they dont weight interviews as heavily as other schools. its more like another piece of the puzzle

From reading last years thread, it seems like post interview you can be accepted, rejected, or "high priority" listed, if you interviewed early. If you interviewed late, then you are accepted, rejected, or put directly on the alternate list (i.e. not put on "high priority" and therefore get no second review).

After being "high priority" listed, you can be accepted, rejected, or put on the alternate list after being re-reviewed. This is only my interpretation, but it seems like the "high priority" list only gives you a second look before they make a decision, which distinguishes it from a typical waitlist.

Although, I could be totally wrong...

I just got back from a lovely weekend in San Francisco. So hard to not make pathetic whimpering noises every time I looked up the hill and saw the beautiful sunlit buildings of UCSF. :love:

I've been living with a friend at SF for the last two weeks. It's still so hard to let this school go - having been rejected twice without even getting the secondary.

I try sometimes to avoid having to pass by UCSF, because it's just too sad...sigh.

I've been living with a friend at SF for the last two weeks. It's still so hard to let this school go - having been rejected twice without even getting the secondary.

I try sometimes to avoid having to pass by UCSF, because it's just too sad...sigh.
Exactly. *sigh* :(

i just want to say that ucsf has the nicest rejection letter that i've read so far. some days, when i'm particularly despairing about med school admissions, i like to pull it up and read it for comfort.

i just want to say that ucsf has the nicest rejection letter that i've read so far. some days, when i'm particularly despairing about med school admissions, i like to pull it up and read it for comfort.

:)

I know, isn't it? It's a lot kinder and gentler than the blurb I got this morning from the other school I applied to, whose web portal says "Decision: Refuse" :smuggrin:

But on the bright side, if my second appeal fails, I'll be able to reapply to UCSF next cycle. :rolleyes:

Placed on High Priority List here too, pdf dated Jan 20th,

I interviewed Nov 9th

got the big packet yesterday night in the mail! interviewed late october!!!!

Post secondary appeal received by UCSF Monday, 1/24, denied sometime between 1/24 and 1/26, mailed 1/26, received 1/27. Everything else in this process takes months, but not appeals. At least in my case.

My post-secondary, pre-interview appeal letter was forwarded to the dean first week of January and I have not heard anything yet...

My post-secondary, pre-interview appeal letter was forwarded to the dean first week of January and I have not heard anything yet...
I'd like to hope that holding onto it longer is a good sign. My successful pre-secondary appeal took about a month. My current appeal is about 2.5 weeks old now. Really hoping to hear good news soon, but I've already started preparing my AMCAS 2012 and (ugh) pondering MCAT test dates.

UCSF, you're my only hope! :love:

This thread is too quiet! It's the last day of January- were there no SDN OOS acceptances this month? We've seen no mention of a January status updates except for those on the HPL.

This thread is too quiet! It's the last day of January- were there no SDN OOS acceptances this month? We've seen no mention of a January status updates except for those on the HPL.

i know...the dean definitely told my interview group that there would be a batch of acceptances/decisions going out in january! where are they??? =(

i know...the dean definitely told my interview group that there would be a batch of acceptances/decisions going out in january! where are they??? =(

maybe there will be decisions tonight. it is the last day of january. someone want to call to ask when decisions have and will come out? i would do it but think the guy recognizes me. im anxious

Post-secondary rejection (finally!) today... meh kinda saw it coming.

maybe there will be decisions tonight. it is the last day of january. someone want to call to ask when decisions have and will come out? i would do it but think the guy recognizes me. im anxious

they were already sent... above in the thread derryz said he received the fat acceptance packet

so I finally caved and called the admissions office, but the guy told me that he couldn't tell me when decisions would be coming out. he was very nice about it and looked up my name and said i was "in the right place in the process" (whatever that means haha) but that it just depended on when the review committee met and he couldn't give me that information. i also said that the dean told us we would hear something by january...but he said it can just sometimes be longer. so...not very informative, but just thought i'd let you guys know.

i also caved and called in early january because i was told i would have a decision by december. just gotta be patient, i would say 1 month and 2 weeks after they told you to expect an answer is when it will actually come!

Still no news on my second appeal, at the three week mark today. I just emailed them another Update Letter tonight adding information about my academics, ECs, etc.

:xf: :love: :xf: :love: :xf:

I just checked my status on the website and saw the rejection PDF sitting there. I applied to MSTP, MD and one of the other programs (JMP?) though the letter says UCSF SOM and JMP. Should I be getting another one for MSTP? Any ideas on how this works?

I just checked my status on the website and saw the rejection PDF sitting there. I applied to MSTP, MD and one of the other programs (JMP?) though the letter says UCSF SOM and JMP. Should I be getting another one for MSTP? Any ideas on how this works?

That sounds to me like game over. I think UCSF considers MD/PhD and MD to be under the umbrella of the School of Medicine. Sorry man.

Congrats, captain froyo! :soexcited:

Just curious... what interview dates are still available?

Thanks Dianyla! When I scheduled my interview there was one open date in mid-February. I wish you the best of luck!

Don't they interview until the end of March? Or am I wrong?

I know a lot of people are still waiting to hear back/not even sure where they are going yet...but for those of you who are accepted come join the UCSF c/o 2015 thread! I think it would be a great to bounce ideas/questions off each other there. Good luck to everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.