2010-2011 Harvard Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so I guess we won't have to wait too long; do they send that via snail mail or email???

Waiting is so hard!!
YOu would get the phone call before the packet I presume

Members don't see this ad.

YOu would get the phone call before the packet I presume

I could be wrong, but I don't think Harvard calls. I believe it's an email followed by a signed document in the mail solidifiying your place in the class.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Harvard calls. I believe it's an email followed by a signed document in the mail solidifiying your place in the class.
oh i know of ppl getting calls. Maybe it was just special case then

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if HST and New Pathway decisions are made at the same time? Does the tentative March 7th date for mailing decisions refer to both?

Last year some HST students got calls, and they heard back a few days earlier than NP. But in reality, if you were to interpret last year's thread, it really does seem they release the decisions in waves over a couple of days, rather than everyone hearing back on the same day. (although they did begin with acceptances and then moved on to the WL/rejections)

I thought someone said acceptances weren't going out until March 7th. As in, a week from now.

I thought someone said acceptances weren't going out until March 7th. As in, a week from now.

Someone did say they heard that, but lots of people have heard lots of things :) so I'm keeping hope alive for tomorrow OR for a week from now lol. I just wanna know and get it over with :confused:

Someone did say they heard that, but lots of people have heard lots of things :) so I'm keeping hope alive for tomorrow OR for a week from now lol. I just wanna know and get it over with :confused:

Not gonna lie, I read your post "so I'm keeping hope I'm alive for tomorrow" ...

is the ANTICIPATION KILLING YOU?!

Not gonna lie, I read your post "so I'm keeping hope I'm alive for tomorrow" ...

is the ANTICIPATION KILLING YOU?!

It really is!!:scared: But I know it may not be tomorrow:( so Im trying not let it get to me too much...key word "trying" lol

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't decide if it's better not knowing what exact date they'll release, or if it would be better to know. lol...but I guess either way I would still feel :eek:!

Just relax man. Not to rain on this party, but there will probably also be a ton of sad people (~70%) after the decisions are released, so I can't decide whether it's better knowing or not knowing.

Either way, it'll be a closure. I've waited for five whole months since my interview for this!

Good vibes to all~

Just relax man. Not to rain on this party, but there will probably also be a ton of sad people (~70%) after the decisions are released, so I can't decide whether it's better knowing or not knowing.

Either way, it'll be a closure. I've waited for five whole months since my interview for this!

Good vibes to all~

I prefer a sad reality to a happy fantasy. . .

I N C E P T I O N ...

Personally, I don't have high hopes for hearing a decision from Harvard tomorrow...but good luck to everyone if we do!! =)

I think I will stop checking SDN Forums until I get my decision--- ignorance is bliss. <3

Starting now... I'm extra pissed at e-mail that turns out to be junk! :mad:

::enter non sequitur post::

So...did anyone reading this thread apply to the MSTP via the New Path? If so, how'd that go for ya?

Last edited:
when do we find ouuuuuuuuut? This is taking so long.

Called admissions office. They said all emails would be sent out by March 9th.

Did they say when they would start sending out the emails?

ughhh i hope so flowrate. here's to high hopes! woot!

It's not looking too promising today...we may have to wait until tomorrow (gasp!) or even the day after tomorrow (double gasp!). :p

I have a feeling we'll be waiting until Monday. It looks like last year they went out over 3 days?

Does anyone know how decisions are made? Did they review us right after our interview or were our files all on the table at once in February?

I have a feeling we'll be waiting until Monday. It looks like last year they went out over 3 days?

yeah that's i'm seeing from last year too. i would guess monday as well. good luck to everyone!

yeah that's i'm seeing from last year too. i would guess monday as well. good luck to everyone!
Given that I never received my interview email and I had to be called for one, I dont know if my email will work in case they send me my decision. Which of course makes me more anxious cuz no email could mean rejection or.... accepted/waitlisted but email never came through. so I will be crazy going over my mail... all over again....

Do all the acceptance e-mails go out on the same day?

if you read through last year's thread...it seems like they did. however - now that the decisions won't be out until next week...there will be people like me on spring break in a tropical place with NO INTERNET!!! lol gotta love the timing...

I just called the Office of Admissions and was told that decisions would be sent out before or on March 9th (as stated earlier on this forum). I then asked if today was included in that list and she said that decisions would not be sent out today. I also asked which "decisions" would be sent out by March 9th and mentioned acceptances, waitlist, and rejections and she said "Everything". Hope this helps

Damn. Well it's been four months... what's another few days, huh?

I'll just keep reading Stephen King to stay busy :scared:

They're (partly?) out! just got HST and Harvard MD/PhD acceptance email!!!!

Did you just get the email? Isn't it kind of late in the day to be sending out emails?

How do they decide what order? Do you have an early in the alphabet last name?

(Not that I am going insane or anything)

Did you just get the email? Isn't it kind of late in the day to be sending out emails?

I am going insane. congrats on all who got in, do you guys know what time they sent out the emails?

I got in, and I didn't even interview!! I'm an URM btw.

Haha jk, too soon?

Good luck to those who did get an interview (I was not so fortunate), and I hope all of you hear good news soon.

Lol:laugh: no, I'm late in the alphabet. I got an email like 20 mins ago.

:luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.