2008-2009 Yale Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting. I just want to know so that I can send my update letter if I'm waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Re-jec-ted. Congrats to you guys, and good luck to all!

waitlisted:(
i don't know what to do except waiting now...

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it will be funny to try to figure out who the infamous shemarty is during second look...

also here vs. penn, thoughts?

For a WL update, should I address the letter to Dean Ment (Associate Dean for Admissions) or Mr. Silverman (Director of Admissions). From past threads it looks like Mr. Silverman does most of the communicating, but at other schools the Dean of Admissions seemed to be the person to contact.

Any thoughts?

i think it will be funny to try to figure out who the infamous shemarty is during second look...

also here vs. penn, thoughts?

Lol, I haven't exactly been trying very hard to keep my identify a secret. Would you rather I tell you, or would you rather try to figure it out?

I definitely got a kick out of fellow interviewees recognizing me and asking "are .... you... shemarty??" during interviews. :laugh:

I made a new wait list thread since I couldn't find one for this coming year.

2009-2010 Yale Waitlist Thread

Lets hope its a good waitlist year !

Could maybe some of the current students at yale answer this?

Yale was my last interview, and I just wanted to get it over with at the time, so I didn't really ask too many questions, but does anyone know what the daily student schedule is like?
Like is it classes from 8-12, then afternoons free for us to do whatever we want? - that would be awesome! I'm hoping it's not too lecture heavy, like classes from 8-4 every day.

Thanks a lot!

Class 9-12:30/1 every day, three days a week class from 2-4
Half didactic, half small group or labs or tutor sessions in the hospital.

And it's Yale, you have to go to most of the labs but if the lectures don't work for you skip and study in the libs or do it at night.

It's not too bad first two years. Third year they own you, just like everywhere else.

withdrew today...good luck to all of you still waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.