2008-2009 Baylor Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After many many many months of not hearing from Baylor since my interview in October, and feeling my interviews at Baylor were my worst out of all the ones I had, I pretty much put Baylor out of my mind.

Then I get a call from "Unknown" this morning on my cell. Picked up, was asked if Dr. Greenberg called, I said nope. Turns out the caller just wanted to inform me that I was offered a position. O_O

Wow.

Now I have UTSW and Baylor on my hands! Tough choice! I went to MS0 for UTSW and loved it. Now I need to go back and re-evaluate both schools!

Exciting but tough choice for me! :)

congrats y'all!!!

It's true, I just got a call!!!

i guess its waitlists or worse for the rest of us now...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to both of you guys and any other recent acceptancees to baylor!!! Gosh...........I guess there is still a glimmer of hope for me :) Yea right............I better just hope I didn't get straight out rejected post interview.

Great to see more people getting acceptances! It had gone quiet for a while, but hopefully things will pick back up.

Congrats! :)

Congrats to the new acceptees!! At least some one found out...guess the waitlist will be out soon.

Does anyone who has been accepted know what the orientation dates are? I will really appreciate a quick response...

Thank you

Apparently it's an active week for Admissions. I received a message from Dr. Greenberg today, so it seems like BCM will offer at least a few more acceptances before drawing up the official wait list.

For those of you still waiting, take heart. From what I gather, a great deal of consideration is given to those who express sustained and earnest interest in BCM. If you've already written a letter of interest (or two, or three, as I have), write another one to Dean Villareal, Dean Eddins, and Dean Michael. (If, at this point, you haven't written at least one, are you sure you want to go to Baylor?)

Update the Deans on your latest activities related to your planned medical career & show them how it will all come together as a student at Baylor. Be as specific as possible about the resources at Baylor that will help you thrive as a physician-in-training. If you're in Houston, or can travel to Houston with ease, drop by Admissions and visit a Dean to demonstrate your continued interest.

We've all heard stories of Baylor acceptances going out in mid-May (I've even heard mid-June), and while the probability seems to incrementally drop as the days pass, these stories should show the importance of tenacity. It isn't over 'til it's over. So if you want it, fight for it.

Apparently it's an active week for Admissions. I received a message from Dr. Greenberg today, so it seems like BCM will offer at least a few more acceptances before drawing up the official wait list.

For those of you still waiting, take heart. From what I gather, a great deal of consideration is given to those who express sustained and earnest interest in BCM. If you've already written a letter of interest (or two, or three, as I have), write another one to Dean Villareal, Dean Eddins, and Dean Michael. (If, at this point, you haven't written at least one, are you sure you want to go to Baylor?)

Update the Deans on your latest activities related to your planned medical career & show them how it will all come together as a student at Baylor. Be as specific as possible about the resources at Baylor that will help you thrive as a physician-in-training. If you're in Houston, or can travel to Houston with ease, drop by Admissions and visit a Dean to demonstrate your continued interest.

We've all heard stories of Baylor acceptances going out in mid-May (I've even heard mid-June), and while the probability seems to incrementally drop as the days pass, these stories should show the importance of tenacity. It isn't over 'til it's over. So if you want it, fight for it.
Well...this post sure is going to light a fire under my tooshie.
I am guessing the call meant you were accepted...which deserves a Congrats!!!!:hardy:

And now to bug you with the questions-were your LOIs hard-copies or email or both? Did you send one to EACH Dean, or to ONE of the Deans? Thank you :)

Waitlist.... Is everyone who wasn't accepted put on the waitlist or do they also reject?

As for me, back in May, I sent a hard-copy of a letter of interest to Admissions Office in general. I wasn't really expecting much after that, and I can't say how much of a role it played in my acceptance, but that's what I did.

Well...this post sure is going to light a fire under my tooshie.
I am guessing the call meant you were accepted...which deserves a Congrats!!!!:hardy:

And now to bug you with the questions-were your LOIs hard-copies or email or both? Did you send one to EACH Dean, or to ONE of the Deans? Thank you :)

As for me, back in May, I sent a hard-copy of a letter of interest to Admissions Office in general. I wasn't really expecting much after that, and I can't say how much of a role it played in my acceptance, but that's what I did.

Thanks :) Yeah, I don't know how much the letters can do, but at least you can look back and know you tried.

Members don't see this ad :)
so is there anyone who didnt receive the waitlist email yet?

I didn't get a waitlist e-mail - I'm taking this to mean rejection.

Waitlisted! Sucks...at least there is hope though.

Email marked 10.11 AM CST

FYI, I called a couple of weeks back and I specifically asked the lady if everyone without acceptances is placed on the WL and she said, "No, but most are."

Nothing for me yet. I guess I'll be frantically email checking for a little while.

Hey guys, does your email say 'final wait-list' ???

My LOIs (all four, now that I remember correctly) were a variable collection of hard-copy and email, and I was blatant about my genuine intent to enroll. At this point, it might be best to send email, considering a relatively more assured (and timely) delivery to the people who are making the final decisions.

Someone mentioned that a letter to Dean Greenberg himself might also be advisable. I sent mine to each of the three Deans I mentioned above, but - every time - they were all the same LOI.

No guarantees that this will clinch the deal, but it can't hurt to make yourself known. Before I wrote my last LOI, I heard a Dean say that the Committee "would like to know who's still interested", which means they have no idea which of you remaining exceptional candidates are already committed to other schools and which are willing to hold out til their dying breath for Baylor.

My LOIs (all four, now that I remember correctly) were a variable collection of hard-copy and email, and I was blatant about my genuine intent to enroll. At this point, it might be best to send email, considering a relatively more assured (and timely) delivery to the people who are making the final decisions.

Someone mentioned that a letter to Dean Greenberg himself might also be advisable. I sent mine to each of the three Deans I mentioned above, but - every time - they were all the same LOI.

No guarantees that this will clinch the deal, but it can't hurt to make yourself known. Before I wrote my last LOI, I heard a Dean say that the Committee "would like to know who's still interested", which means they have no idea which of you remaining exceptional candidates are already committed to other schools and which are willing to hold out til their dying breath for Baylor.

Nevermind, just got the email, Waitlisted!!
Guess its time to make another trip to Houston! ;)

hmm.. i wonder if there is a reason that people are getting the waitlist email at different times. Maybe theres some correlation? maybe they went down the list as they sent emails? or maybe its alphabetical? I got my email at 830 central time, my last name starts with a.... hmm.. im thinking too much. better just to wait it out and hope for the best

Congratulations!! to all those who got accepted.

I am waitlisted too. Just got the message about 2 hours back. I guess they are informing us in an alphabatical order.

Waitlist here too! bummer cos I think their WL is notoriously slow...
The email went to my spam mail...thats why I didnt get it earlier...oh wells :oops:

Just found out about my waitlist status.........stamped at 12:00 pm EST. And I was sent two emails also.

does anyone have any idea about where one stands in the waitlist? What are our chances of getting through????

does anyone have any idea about where one stands in the waitlist? What are our chances of getting through????

One of the closest guarded secrets in Baylor. They dont let you know for some reason :mad:

chiz2kul....your avatar is totally freaking me out

:laugh:

And my letters are being sent now...a little too late? :shrug: June 15th sounds too good right now!

Not yet, I called and they said hopefully I would get it by Friday.

ah, I called them too earlier (Thurs), and when I got home from lab, it was indeed in my mailbox. Expect a regular-sized envelope.....lol.

So, does anyone know how texas works its residency status? I'm OOS but I'm wondering what the chances are that I can become IS and how that works. Thanks for any input.

So, does anyone know how texas works its residency status? I'm OOS but I'm wondering what the chances are that I can become IS and how that works. Thanks for any input.

Among other things you've gotta own land for a year. Beyond that, Baylor actually has an office devoted to helping people find residency.

Is the BCM waitlist moving? Anyone (waitlisted) heard from BCM?

Withdrew my OOS acceptance today. I LOVED the school and hope my replacement does as well.

Crossing my fingers these next 7 days will yield phone calls to us waitlisters :):D

Hey guys,

Wanted to say that Baylor is moving now. Just got a call from Dr. Greenberg. I was set on UTSW, but I guess I have to reconsider now.

Yeah, it looks like May 15th is the magic date. Usually I really hate it when I wake up to a sound of a phone call but this was the best wake up call ever!!!!!

Looks like I'm in the same situation as you dog366.

Congratulations!!!! :D So did Dr. Greenberg give you a deadline as to when a decision needed to be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.