2019-2020 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@MoBio29 @rose403 and @Silac when you decide on this -vs- your other choices, could you PM me please so I can include relinquished spots in my Texas Roundup posts? (coming soon, horse-trading of spots posted on the Republic of Texas thread, anonymized)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I i
Hey guys!congrats to all of you who were accepted today! Just wondering, I interviewed the second week of January. Should I be worried if I havent heard back from them???
I interviewed Sept 16, 2019 and have not heard since. MCAT 516 and 4.00 gpa. Prematched to 5 schools.

• Okay...
  • Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys!congrats to all of you who were accepted today! Just wondering, I interviewed the second week of January. Should I be worried if I havent heard back from them???

I wouldn’t put much weight into the date of your interview. I interviewed in September but other individuals accepted today seem to have interviewed in February and January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I i

I interviewed Sept 16, 2019 and have not heard since. MCAT 516 and 4.00 gpa. Prematched to 5 schools.
You already have 5 acceptances including UTSW...be patient dude. For some people, Baylor is their only interview.

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all of you have gotten accepted!!! Sitting on pins and needles here.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone accepted today !:clap:

Has anyone received a scholarship or a financial aid package yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed in the month of November received an acceptance from Baylor yet? I've looked all through this forum and haven't seen a single acceptance. It's almost as if Baylor lost the cardboard box filled with applicants who interviewed in this month, lol.

Has anyone who interviewed in the month of November received an acceptance from Baylor yet? I've looked all through this forum and haven't seen a single acceptance. It's almost as if Baylor lost the cardboard box filled with applicants who interviewed in this month, lol.
Even though we SDNers are the cool kids, we are just a fraction of Med school applicants :)

I also got the call today!! I am over the moon :) to those of you that interviewed early and were sitting in silence like I was, it’s not over so no need to stress!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I also got the call today!! I am over the moon :) to those of you that interviewed early and were sitting in silence like I was, it’s not over so no need to stress!!!
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I also received the acceptance today! Very excited.

For those that were accepted today, did any of y'all send a letter of intent? Thanks!

When can we expect all decisions to come out (A/WL/R)?

Members don't see this ad :)
When can we expect all decisions to come out (A/WL/R)?

Dean of Admissions told us they’d be sending out an email in June/July that’ll say that they’ve successfully filled their class and that they wish the best for everyone they interviewed.

She also stated that they won’t be sending rejections or WLs for those interviewed, so the only form of communication post-interview that will come from Baylor will either be an acceptance, or that email notifying everyone that they’ve filled their class.

Dean of Admissions told us they’d be sending out an email in June/July that’ll say that they’ve successfully filled their class and that they wish the best for everyone they interviewed.

She also stated that they won’t be sending rejections or WLs for those interviewed, so the only form of communication post-interview that will come from Baylor will either be an acceptance, or that email notifying everyone that they’ve filled their class.

quoting myself from other posts in this thread:
"In the past Baylor has let the interviewed (but not admitted) folks ride along till the end of the season and then eventually announce that their class is complete."
and
"They are predictable and systematic."
I love it when I'm right, y'all :angelic::cat::happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Any word on if Baylor is considering cancelling second look/making it virtual? I know other programs have started to do so because of the coronavirus.

Does anyone know if we need to send official transcripts to Baylor prior to matriculation? I graduated well before applying so AMCAS has all of my final transcripts, which means I won’t be supplying Baylor with any new information.

Any word on if Baylor is considering cancelling second look/making it virtual? I know other programs have started to do so because of the coronavirus.

On the call they said they are evaluating it and will let us know. I suspect they will make it virtual or cancel considering Rice has cancelled classes etc...

Does anyone know if we need to send official transcripts to Baylor prior to matriculation? I graduated well before applying so AMCAS has all of my final transcripts, which means I won’t be supplying Baylor with any new information.
Yes you still need to send your final transcripts to the school you will attend. AMCAS, unlike TMDSAS, does not ask for transcript updates each semester during the application year.

So five reported calls for SDN Acceptances yesterday.
I feel like we are getting near the end.
Last year’s SDN thread reported 6 A’s Mar 25/26, and then 5 A’s April 11, followed by three more Pre WL A’s April 22. I suspect the A’s from yesterday and today were equivalent to last March’s round.

Did anyone send an update letter after the interview? I know on the website it says no post-interview updates, but at my interview date in Nov. one of the deans said they would only accept "significant updates" such as a publication. I'm considering sending a pub update but curious if anyone knows if there's a clear answer to this?

Did anyone send an update letter after the interview? I know on the website it says no post-interview updates, but at my interview date in Nov. one of the deans said they would only accept "significant updates" such as a publication. I'm considering sending a pub update but curious if anyone knows if there's a clear answer to this?

Just send it asap. If they don't accept then they don't accept, if they do, then you didn't waste time trying to figure it out.

Second Look has been canceled. They just sent out an email notification :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Is there a groupme or facebook page to connect with admitted students? Need to figure out housing situation.

Has Baylor released any information regarding how they will adapt their curriculum moving forward?

Baylor's class of 2024 page has been updated with new information as of 3/17, in case anyone hasn't recently checked it!

Awfully quiet from the admissions office since early/mid March :(
Usually the schools are swamped with Residency Match things for their MS4s during March and early April. It's normal to have a lull in the action at this time. Later in April we'll see action. :headphone:

Just got an email giving me a full tuition + fees merit scholarship!! So in shock :) I assume financial aid things will be happening soon!

Reactions: 14 users
Just got an email giving me a full tuition + fees merit scholarship!! So in shock :) I assume financial aid things will be happening soon!
Congrats! I was looking through your post history. You’ve received lots of offers, so the bigger surprise is how long they’ve taken. Not sure it means much for others.

are there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL

are there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL
Nothing here since interview on 9/16/2019. 6 prematches with TMDSAS. One match. 4.00 gpa UT Austin. Must decide by 4/30; not much time left. Feeling dissed. Will wait until 4/22.

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my A - hope it opens up a spot and brings good news to someone soon!

Reactions: 9 users
I'll give you 2 packs of toilet paper and some hand sanitizer for your spot :happy:

• Haha
  • Hmm
Any news on next wave of acceptances? Only 24 days before those with more than 1 acceptance must choose. Am I correct?

Any news on next wave of acceptances? Only 24 days before those with more than 1 acceptance must choose. Am I correct?

Last year they sent out acceptances the last week of April. I'm assuming it will be around the same time this year.

Last year they sent out acceptances the last week of April. I'm assuming it will be around the same time this year.
Baylor also sent out acceptances the last week of March and April 10 last year. It is possible that acceptances will come soon, but it is also possible that Baylor's adcom (probably mostly doctors) are busy with the current pandemic. It's stressful, but either way we will find out sooner or later.

Does Baylor consider matching merit aid offers from other schools?

Does Baylor consider matching merit aid offers from other schools?
At first it feels like we’re grinding too much for asking this. But then you think about the hundreds of thousands of dollar of potential debt. ffs. Funny how being reasonable almost seems crazy.