2019-2020 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news on next wave of acceptances? Only 24 days before those with more than 1 acceptance must choose. Am I correct?
When AMCAS applicants with multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 schools by April 15 and to 1 school by April 30, we will see some WL movement.

Baylor also usually sends out a few more primary offers of admission in mid to late April.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When AMCAS applicants with multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 schools by April 15 and to 1 school by April 30, we will see some WL movement.

Baylor also usually sends out a few more primary offers of admission in mid to late April.
I got a question for anyone who can answer regarding this :
If I am wl in several schools and was accepted to n number
When I narrow down my acceptances to 3
Does that include schools where I was wl?
And if i am accepted at one of my goal schools after April 30, can I switch the one I had selected previously?

At first it feels like we’re grinding too much for asking this. But then you think about the hundreds of thousands of dollar of potential debt. ffs. Funny how being reasonable almost seems crazy.

You have to remember though, going to Baylor is much much cheaper than say, going to a state public school like UCSD. But yea you should definitely try to ask since every dollar counts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to Baylor. . Interviewed 9/16/2019. Long wait. Now Baylor vs UTSW. Hope for some scholarship $ to help me decide. Feel very blessed. 2 great schools and programs.

Reactions: 6 users
C'mon, Wooglin is obviously anxious and nervous and wanting to get that acceptance call. Yes, Wooglin already asked this question. But no need to say that in my opinion.
Thanks for your kind words on 12/9/19. Gulli 97 was nasty. Nevertheless I hope he/she sees I was accepted into Baylor and UTSW despite her/he wondering how I ever got an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Last year they sent out acceptances the last week of April. I'm assuming it will be around the same time this year.
Just to let you, Gulli, know I got accepted to Baylor despite you wondering how I even got an interview. Hope you also get accepted. Good luck.

Yo we interviewed and got accepted the same day. And are waitlisted at least one of the same schools.

I’m still waiting on Baylor to offer some funding
Lol hey friend. Maybe we met each other at a few schools. But yeah I need some money from here cause I just can't justify going here with 100k+++ loans when I have an almost free option :(

Let's calm down on any negativity. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
I got a question for anyone who can answer regarding this :
If I am wl in several schools and was accepted to n number
When I narrow down my acceptances to 3
Does that include schools where I was wl?
And if i am accepted at one of my goal schools after April 30, can I switch the one I had selected previously?
You narrow down your Acceptances to 3.
Between April 15 and 30 you can stay on the WLs
For more shades of Gray about this please refer to AMCAS traffic rules or PTE and CTE rules

Members don't see this ad :)
I am WL with several IS schools and interviewed with Baylor with a 512.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to let you, Gulli, know I got accepted to Baylor despite you wondering how I even got an interview. Hope you also get accepted. Good luck.
You're a real basket of fruit yourself.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

It was sarcasm and the reason I said this was your barrage of questions that seemingly disregarded other posts that were answering them. From frantically asking WAMC on this thread to why you didn’t receive an interview yet on the UTMB thread, you come off as extremely entitled.

I apologize for saying that but for the love of god, I hope you gain some maturity in med school.

Reactions: 15 users
524, 3.99, out of state, best interviews of my cycle, not a word yet. Still hopeful. Congrats to those accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
What's up with MCAT's of 524, 515 and 520 and not hearing? I just don't get how they determine who gets accepted. Congrats to MCAT 510!!

What's up with MCAT's of 524, 515 and 520 and not hearing? I just don't get how they determine who gets accepted.
Each year Baylor gets ~ 8000 applications, interviews 800 people, and accepts 300 (for a class size of 190).

Baylor is the best medical school in Texas, one of the best in the nation, and one of the cheapest in the nation. If the admissions committee wanted to, they could fill the class with 4.0/523's. However, stats are not the only determinant of applicants and thus they look for

1) People who fit the school-specific mission
2) Diversity of accepted students (schools do this nationally)
3) Whatever personality traits the admissions committee sees as valuable

Baylor's class is still full of rockstar students, but the admissions committee has the liberty to be selective in who they accept. TLDR; no one really knows, its part of the medical school game

Reactions: 14 users
To those who have already sent Letters of Intent, did you get a reply or any message saying that your letter has been received?

just wondering if I should expect to hear back once I send mine.

To those who have already sent Letters of Intent, did you get a reply or any message saying that your letter has been received?

Yes, I got an email the next day.

I didn’t get a reply :( I sent it to Dean Johnson and CCed Assistant Dean Vallejo as well.

I didn’t get a reply :( I sent it to Dean Johnson and CCed Assistant Dean Vallejo as well.
I wouldn't think much into it. I sent it to the email they gave us at the interview, and they are probably more likely to respond with that account. Nothing we can do at this point but wait.

Waiting is painful. 3 interviews and nothing yet.
The waiting is killing me and my parents are driving me crazy! 4 Interviews and haven't heard anything yet either! Looking like I should plan to reapply and figure out what to do in my gap year.
MCAT 517, GPA 3.98

• Wow
The waiting is killing me and my parents are driving me crazy! 4 Interviews and haven't heard anything yet either! Looking like I should plan to reapply and figure out what to do in my gap year.
MCAT 517, GPA 3.98
Hang in there! You may want to reapply, but it's not a given yet. Some applicants are holding on to multiple acceptances. April 15 and 30 may prove very important for you.

MCAT 517, GPA 3.98
I'm sure you're hearing this a lot, but I know someone who planned on reapplying because she was in your situation, but she got into UTSW in the end of May. It's not over yet.

• Love
Thanks everyone. I trust my MCAT 512 and GPA 3.99 has some value from one of my 3 interviews.

I'm sure you're hearing this a lot, but I know someone who planned on reapplying because she was in your situation, but she got into UTSW in the end of May. It's not over yet.
Thank you for this! I’ll continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Ahhhh I just received a full tuition scholarship!!!!! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
April 15th. Wonder if BCM will let me and anyone else waiting know their outcome.

April 15th. Wonder if BCM will let me and anyone else waiting know their outcome.
Baylor is notoriously silent during the app cycle. Based on previous years, this is what is to come these next few weeks

1) A final round of acceptances will happen in about a week
2) Waitlist email will go out May 1st
3) A single round of WL acceptances the first week of May
4) Rejection email early June for anyone not accepted by then

Reactions: 6 users
Baylor is notoriously silent during the app cycle. Based on previous years, this is what is to come these next few weeks

1) A final round of acceptances will happen in about a week
2) Waitlist email will go out May 1st
3) A single round of WL acceptances the first week of May
4) Rejection email early June for anyone not accepted by then
I really want to go to BCM. Any suggestions I can do in these last couple of weeks?