2019-2020 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Indeed congrats!! Just trying to see if my MCAT is too low. Would you mind sharing you numbers?

Got the call an hour ago, was shaking on the phone the entire time! So excited to join y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to the newly Accepted.
Can you please indicate whether you are In State or Out of State?

Got the call an hour ago, was shaking on the phone the entire time! So excited to join y'all!
Congrats to the newly accepted Bayloritos!

If any of you want to PM me and tell me which school you will stick with and whether you're relinquishing a previous TMDSAS Match, please do. I'm going to start posting such hot news, anonymized, in my Texas Roundup posts on the Republic of Texas thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to the newly Accepted.
Can you please indicate whether you are In State or Out of State?
Indeed congrats!! Just trying to see if my MCAT is too low. Would you mind sharing you numbers?
To answer both y'all, I'm in state. Graduating (virtually rip) this may from UT Austin, 3.92 gpa and 519 MCAT!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Johnson at 9:30. It's happening!!
Hey I also just got accepted woohooo! Have you received your acceptance letter in the email yet? still waiting for mine and I just want to make sure there is no problem

Accepted. I got the call from Dr. Johnson this morning.
Super happy to join Baylor! This was my top choice!

Reactions: 7 users
If accepted and received merit aid, did you receive notice of the merit aid with the acceptance email/letter, or did notice of award come later?
If later, was it after you completed the financial aid application, and how much longer after that did it take to get notified?
And, did you receive financial aid award notification via email or letter mail?

Thanks.

If accepted and received merit aid, did you receive notice of the merit aid with the acceptance email/letter, or did notice of award come later?
If later, was it after you completed the financial aid application, and how much longer after that did it take to get notified?
And, did you receive financial aid award notification via email or letter mail?

Thanks.
My merit aid came months after my acceptance via email. But I'll still take it ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor is notoriously silent during the app cycle. Based on previous years, this is what is to come these next few weeks

1) A final round of acceptances will happen in about a week
2) Waitlist email will go out May 1st
3) A single round of WL acceptances the first week of May
4) Rejection email early June for anyone not accepted by then
So, this is the last week of opportunity and then starting next for those not accepted is WL and potential rejection in June? Do you know if Baylor has filled their quota yet?

So, this is the last week of opportunity and then starting next for those not accepted is WL and potential rejection in June? Do you know if Baylor has filled their quota yet?
I think there will be some more offers after the April 30 deadline for applicants holding several offers to narrow it down to one.

Thanks. Any clue how many we are talking about?
@Mad Dog 2020 I invite you over here to the Texas Roundup posts. #315
Here you can see who's dropping spots and who's getting admitted from their WL. This only shows the ones who share their news on SDN, but it's at least a hint.

Withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Not that I care st this point, but I interviewed in September and still radio silence, not even a rejection. Is this common?

Not that I care st this point, but I interviewed in September and still radio silence, not even a rejection. Is this common?
Yes, they don’t tend to form a WL at Baylor and will just quietly announce when their class is complete some time in June.

Hey y'all, I had a quick question. For people accepted into Baylor, did anyone get any kind of scholarships, and if so how much did you get? Trying to get an idea of how much they're giving out.

Hey y'all, I had a quick question. For people accepted into Baylor, did anyone get any kind of scholarships, and if so how much did you get? Trying to get an idea of how much they're giving out.
I'm sure there are several people who got scholarships in my class, but the only person I know of for sure got basically all of tuition covered

Just declined my offer of acceptance. Good luck, y'all!

Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew. I totally forgot about this school as I hadn’t heard anything since interviewing last year.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received the waitlist email from Baylor

Just withdrew from WL position, good luck all!!

The waitlist email says they accept people mostly at the end of May.. but what about the May 15th deadline? Will they not accept anyone accepted to another TMDSAS school after May 15 but accept others?

I just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist seeking a seat at Baylor.

Reactions: 1 users
The waitlist email says they accept people mostly at the end of May.. but what about the May 15th deadline? Will they not accept anyone accepted to another TMDSAS school after May 15 but accept others?

Yes Baylor is also apart of this agreement, however, in recent years they have had multiple waitlist offers right after the May 1 WL email per SDN.

Reactions: 5 users
I believe it's for all interviewees who haven't been accepted yet.
Wysdoc posted in another thread that not everyone gets invited onto Baylor’s waitlist. So congrats to all of you who did!!!

How did you know/find out that the waitlist is for a selected number applicants? I got placed on the WL and this is my top choice, so I’m looking for any hopeful possible news here :(

@wysdoc

How did you know/find out that the waitlist is for a selected number applicants? I got placed on the WL and this is my top choice, so I’m looking for any hopeful possible news here :(

@wysdoc
You know, I may be wrong about this and have asked anyone on the Baylor WL what they were told. Hang in there!

Turned down my acceptance and scholarship here a few days ago - I hope it goes to one of you :) Congrats and good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!! My fingers are crossed for you!

Reactions: 8 users
Turned down my acceptance and scholarship here a few days ago - I hope it goes to one of you :) Congrats and good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!! My fingers are crossed for you!
Congrats and good luck to you!

• Love
Are there any future MS1 students thinking of accommodation close to campus I just got my acceptance

Reactions: 1 users