2006 VCU Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparition said:
Guys...I just got in...first acceptance! I'm not even sure what this means right now... I'm extremely excited...but sort of overwhelmed

Congrats! :)

VCU, or another school?

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: Congrats on the fantastic accomplishment!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparition said:

Congratulations, Apparition!!!!!!! :thumbup:

It was a long wait for the both of us and I am sending all of my good thoughts your way. Enjoy the moment, enjoy your holiday weekend, and I look forward to joining you at VCU in the fall!

Hey congratulations Apparition. Out of curiosity are you out-of-state or in-state? Did you know where you were on the list? Congrats again and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Thanks, guys! I was on an OOS waitlist and never contacted VCU after my interview, very surprised to get in at this point. VCU is awesome. I'm still waiting for my state school.

madi, I think we've all given up hope. Only a very few of us on this board anymore, and it's getting rather painful. I darn near cry everytime I see someone else get in and it's not me, but I'm VERY happy for them. VCU is a great school, I'd love to be there, but it's like walking through a house every day that you absolutely adore and would do anything to live in but could never ever ever afford. There comes a time where you just can't walk in the door anymore 'cuz you just want to cry at the unfairness of it all.

ShyRem said:
madi, I think we've all given up hope. Only a very few of us on this board anymore, and it's getting rather painful. I darn near cry everytime I see someone else get in and it's not me, but I'm VERY happy for them. VCU is a great school, I'd love to be there, but it's like walking through a house every day that you absolutely adore and would do anything to live in but could never ever ever afford. There comes a time where you just can't walk in the door anymore 'cuz you just want to cry at the unfairness of it all.

ShyRem, don't give up! I am sure that you will get in. It might even be on your way to UNE but I know I'll see you in the fall.

ShyRem said:

I'm still rooting for you and all the other core VCU Central posters, Shy. Any school will be lucky to have you next year, but for selfish reasons I hope it's VCU.

ShyRem said:

Well Shy, I might be throwin' in the towel tomorrow. My wife and i have been in Arizona looking at homes so we could start at Midwestern/AZCOM in the fall. We found a great house and finally something we can afford, so unless the acceptance comes before we close in the next few weeks then I guess it will be adieu. Maybe a nice little e-mail will come tomorrow!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey again everyone!

Congrats to Apparition and everyone else who's made it since I last posted here. I bet you jumped up and down when you got the acceptance!

And for Shy, Inverted, and the rest of the waiting gang, I just want to send all you hopefuls some mega-luck today!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
I'm rooting for you... and for that wonderful email to arrive and find you elated. :thumbup:

Best,
FD

Congrats, Apparition!

I found out today that, at best, I'll be waitlisted for the fall for the Caribbean school I've applied to. Which means that I need to do my 2007 AMCAS after all :mad: I've really been dreading re-writing my PS-it took me so long the first time and I'm not looking forward to that torture again!

Anyway, for all of us still waiting, here's to getting that miracle email before Aug 7!! :luck:

why is this on page 3?

congrats to everyone who has gotten in!

as for me, i got my offer exactly one year ago today :)

nolamd2b said:
Congrats, Apparition!

I found out today that, at best, I'll be waitlisted for the fall for the Caribbean school I've applied to. Which means that I need to do my 2007 AMCAS after all :mad: I've really been dreading re-writing my PS-it took me so long the first time and I'm not looking forward to that torture again!

Anyway, for all of us still waiting, here's to getting that miracle email before Aug 7!! :luck:

Waitlisted at a carribean School? I thought they were begging people to come to those schools. I know I keep getting emails from Ross University to apply there.

Also is do we need to re-write the PS or you personally just want to? I didn't re-write mine because everything I said in it is pretty much what I wanna say now.

Good luck to you

Orth2006 said:
Waitlisted at a carribean School? I thought they were begging people to come to those schools. I know I keep getting emails from Ross University to apply there.

And thats supposed to make him feel better about being waitlisted?? nice...

Orth2006 said:

I think if they get too many acceptable applicants, they "waitlist" them in a sense that they start a semester later.

Bee09 said:
why is this on page 3?

congrats to everyone who has gotten in!

as for me, i got my offer exactly one year ago today :)

Did you defer last year?

Vizsla said:
And thats supposed to make him feel better about being waitlisted?? nice...

Yeah that wasn't sensitive to him so I apologize to you nolamd2b. I was just a little surprised at being waitlisted at a Carribean School. I guess it didnt dawn on me that they have their own unique process even if it doesn't include stuff like MCATs, GPA and the whole 9.

Anyway pardon my comment and I wish you luck

Cheers

Orth2006 said:
Yeah that wasn't sensitive to him so I apologize to you nolamd2b. I was just a little surprised at being waitlisted at a Carribean School. I guess it didnt dawn on me that they have their own unique process even if it doesn't include stuff like MCATs, GPA and the whole 9.

Anyway pardon my comment and I wish you luck

Cheers

No worries. I was having the same thought. :) And it's she.

I applied in late April/early May, and interviewed in mid June, which has more to do with the probability of me being waitlisted than anything. I imagine I'll be offered an acceptance for their January class, but if I have to wait six months, and I'm already doing Tulane's ACP program, I might as well wait another year.

As for re-writing my PS, I keep seeing that it's a good thing to highlight what you've done to improve in the last year. However, my original PS says why I'm doing this better than anything I can come up with now. For the poster that kept the same PS, did you get a positive response from the schools that saw it the second time around?

Hi everyone,

Dont lose hope.
I got in off of another waitlist recently so I just withdrew my MCV application over the web interface.
I hope one of you SDN faithfuls get to snag it in the next few days :)

Sust said:
Hi everyone,

Dont lose hope.
I got in off of another waitlist recently so I just withdrew my MCV application over the web interface.

'Preesh. And Congrats!

ShyRem said:

Hang in there lady. Just a few more weeks. I really hope you get in. They should accept you based on the sheer patience that you have demonstrated with VCU.

And as for the waitlist feeling, I keep getting that "always a bridesmaid but never the bride" feeling.

And congrats to Apparition. :thumbup:

Sust said:
Hi everyone,

Dont lose hope.
I love your signature line.
And congrats!

Apparition said:
Did you defer last year?

nooooooooo, i'm starting my 2nd year. hence the class of 09 in my signature ;)

i just post on this forum cuz i'm a nerd and i have no life....

I just graduated from Davidson College and I am on the waitlist at VCU SOM for next year. If I don't get in this year, I will do the Postbac program for a year at VCU. I am a 23 year old, non-smoker, laid-back male who is looking for a roomate(s) to live in downtown Richmond somewhere near MCV. I am interested in Medicine, Christianity, Funny Movies, Guitar, Traveling, etc. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
Thanks,
Ryan

has anyone emailed dr. whitehurst-cook yet? i just send her an important question and was wondering what her email turnaround time was like...

Got good news today that I got into my state school so I will be withdrawing my acceptance and opening up an OOS seat on Monday. Good luck to you guys.

Sust said:
Hi everyone,

Dont lose hope.

Were you IS or OOS? I know your location is in VA, but just want to make sure.

PhillyRA said:
Got good news today that I got into my state school so I will be withdrawing my acceptance and opening up an OOS seat on Monday. Good luck to you guys.

Uhhhhh.........THANK YOU!!! :thumbup:

PhillyRA said:

THANKS!!!!!!!!!! :D

PAGE FREAKIN 4???? What the hell people? :mad:

Just checkin in on you guys. Still hoping for the best for you all. Inverted, are you still waiting or did you close on your house at AZCOM yet? Keep me updated people and don't ever let this thread get to page 4. :smuggrin: Or big daddy might just pay you a visit and get midevil on your @$$!

ok someones gonna be getting that seat that just opened...i expect them to post here as soon as they do

Vizsla said:
ok someones gonna be getting that seat that just opened...i expect them to post here as soon as they do

Yeah!!

Anyone get a response back from Dr. Whitehurst-Cook? Wrote an email last week. :confused:

Someone just got in in the past few days on the VCU forums so it's still happening.

Someone needs to start a 2007 MCV/vcu central

Instatewaiter said:
Someone needs to start a 2007 MCV/vcu central

Someone tried, it died. No VCU/MCV Central 2007 until everyone on this thread gets accepted.

Apparition said:
Someone tried, it died. No VCU/MCV Central 2007 until everyone on this thread gets accepted.

:D :thumbup:

I have this feeling that it's not gonna happen. Or if it does, it'll be too late for me to uproot my entire family, make plans, change plans, quit jobs, pack, move, etc. etc. etc. It's not like I can just drive for one day and be there - it'll take me FOUR DAYS of driving alone. Not to mention packing MY stuff, finding a place for the whole family to live, etc.

I think I'm done at VCU. Just reserved the movers to go to Maine for DO school.

ShyRem said:

:( ...good luck Shy!!

Sorry, Shy Rem. If it helps, you and your family will love Maine. It is a wonderful place to live and an opportunity for you all to see an amazing part of the country. When all is said and done, you will be a doctor!! Best of luck. I'll be watching on line for the rest of your story.

ShyRem said:
I have this feeling that it's not gonna happen. Or if it does, it'll be too late for me to uproot my entire family, make plans, change plans, quit jobs, pack, move, etc. etc. etc. It's not like I can just drive for one day and be there - it'll take me FOUR DAYS of driving alone. Not to mention packing MY stuff, finding a place for the whole family to live, etc.

Oh!!! I almost want to say hang in there and dont give up...but I understand that you cant just pick up and move a whole family in a split second. I'm still holding hope for you and the other faithful SDNers.

Shy, NO......... Give it until Aug 01 at least. Hang in there. It will be a sad day if you don't. :( :(

WHO said:
Anyone get a response back from Dr. Whitehurst-Cook? Wrote an email last week. :confused:

no reply after over a week. not even an away message. nothing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.