2006 VCU Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

air1289

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
VCU just updated my status with:

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview.Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

Is this their way of "nicely" saying, "tough luck"

Members don't see this ad.

air1289 said:
VCU just updated my status with:

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview.Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

Is this their way of "nicely" saying, "tough luck"

oh yuck! that is so vague. But they said "this year"... maybe they are planning to interview you next year in 2006? They really need to bea little bit more clear in their correspondence.

When were you complete at VCU?

i got the same message this morning. i was also wondering if they send this to everyone or if this is sent to the people at the bottom of the list as a "nice try but better luck next time" update... oh well...

Members don't see this ad :)
oops, my status update was a bit different:

The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail.

nice and vague and still not much help.

did you guys get emails saying your status was updated?

SpeedRacer said:
did you guys get emails saying your status was updated?

yes

LT2 said:
oops, my status update was a bit different:

The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail.

nice and vague and still not much help.

what the hec does this all mean???? that is so weird. i didnt recieve an email from them but i only sent in my secondary on August 10 so maybe one is comming. very strange. when were you guys complete?

beponychick said:
what the hec does this all mean???? that is so weird. i didnt recieve an email from them but i only sent in my secondary on August 10 so maybe one is comming. very strange. when were you guys complete?

july 28

I recieved the same message as LT2. It looks like they just updated the site today are still trying to figure out how many they can interview. I'ld be interested to know if people have indeed recieved interviews and when they found out. I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet. I don't think we have been denied, nothing like a waitlist for an interview... Good Luck all.

I'll let you guys know if I here something...

My file should be complete...

Submitted secondary July 29th
LORs sent on July 28th

I'm guessing I should at least get an update page soon

I just got the email. Same message for me

I received the same message last year and was interviewed in February. However, my file was not complete till November and that is when I received this message. Unfortunately, I was wait-listed after the interview and they never got to me so I am reapplying this year.

slumaker said:
I received the same message last year and was interviewed in February. However, my file was not complete till November and that is when I received this message. Unfortunately, I was wait-listed after the interview and they never got to me so I am reapplying this year.

Is it possible they send this message to everyone who is complete at VCU? I dont think I am complete yet (they may not have my letters of rec yet) and so I didnt receive this email. Its possible they send it to everyone because the email clearly doesnt give any information one way or the other... you MAY or MAY NOT be interviewed... duh! what else could it be? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
beponychick said:
Is it possible they send this message to everyone who is complete at VCU? I dont think I am complete yet (they may not have my letters of rec yet) and so I didnt receive this email. Its possible they send it to everyone because the email clearly doesnt give any information one way or the other... you MAY or MAY NOT be interviewed... duh! what else could it be? :rolleyes:

I was complete 7/29, but no love (email) for me.

racerx said:
I was complete 7/29, but no love (email) for me.

did you find out you were complete through the status page?

someone on another thread actually was rejected from VCU, so there seem to be 3 types of status updates, rejected, vague, and vaguer... :(

yeah i should be complete today, but i'm not yet. i guess they also need time to actually read the app?

LT2 said:
someone on another thread actually was rejected from VCU, so there seem to be 3 types of status updates, rejected, vague, and vaguer... :(

I think the other people were rejected pre-secondary... and we already passed the initial screening. I still feel they probably send this email to everyone who has submitted a secondary. When I called today, they said they were VERY VERY busy with the white coat ceremony, so I doubt they had enough time to really go through each file.

SpeedRacer said:
yeah i should be complete today, but i'm not yet. i guess they also need time to actually read the app?

did you check their status page?

beponychick said:
I think the other people were rejected pre-secondary... and we already passed the initial screening. I still feel they probably send this email to everyone who has submitted a secondary. When I called today, they said they were VERY VERY busy with the white coat ceremony, so I doubt they had enough time to really go through each file.

i want a white coat :(

beponychick said:

I agree with bepony. According to VCU's previous online status post, they are beginning to review files today since orientation is finished. It's probably a mass status update telling everyone their back to reviewing.

I got a secondary invite today! Yay me! I was complete on July 25th. I also got a secondary last year, an interview, and a wait-list for basically 9 months...I sort of expected the secondary again this year since my stats are better and my application is stronger overall...good luck to everyone still waiting...

i got the more hopeless of the two vague status updates:

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further.

seriously tho, what does it mean? anyone get an interview with them yet??

i never knew i would be playing the waiting game and getting cryptic messages from a med school... :mad:

To OP:

It is meant to be vague. I got that message last year and was soon invited for an interview so you all can relax.

Good Luck! :)

Ah yes, I don't feel quite so lonely now. :p

How long after your file was complete did you hear back from VCU concerning your possible interview?

-when I look back and read that it looks like a question Yoda would ask

that sounds like they are putting you on "hold", so basically once they figure out how many people will be interviewed and when they will update it again. don't worry about it.
-mota

Hey guys, I've got a question: I checked my status page today and it said they had received a "Committee Packet" from my undergraduate institution. Problem is, my school didn't have a committee, and I used Interfolio to send my LORs. Is this just a generic way of saying they received a packet of letters, or should I contact them to see? :confused:

Thanks!

mustangsally65 said:
Hey guys, I've got a question: I checked my status page today and it said they had received a "Committee Packet" from my undergraduate institution. Problem is, my school didn't have a committee, and I used Interfolio to send my LORs. Is this just a generic way of saying they received a packet of letters, or should I contact them to see? :confused:

Thanks!

They did same thing for me. My school sends a "letter packet" but it was listed by VCU as "Committee Packet" or some such thing. You don't need to worry about it... The important thing is that they received it. :)

mustangsally65 said:

Thanks!

when was your packet sent?

beponychick said:
when was your packet sent?

Had to check my email for the answer to that one. Interfolio sent it on Friday, August 5, so it didn't take too long for it to show up, considering they had orientation and stuff for this year's class.

i'm complete as of a few days ago...but when i long in now I don't get a message about my status, whether i'm being considered or what, not even the vague ones you all are talking about

is this what you all had? did it take awhile from the time you were complete till you got these new messages?

i'm confused because pre-sec they said they considered me a strong candidate....

I don't mean to make any of you guys paranoid, but just recently VCU put on my page that I received a recommendation letter from some PharmD :eek: So you guys might want to look at your thing more closely.

mustangsally65 said:
Had to check my email for the answer to that one. Interfolio sent it on Friday, August 5, so it didn't take too long for it to show up, considering they had orientation and stuff for this year's class.

Oh wow... Mine was sent out end of July and still no complete email. This stinks. :(

beponychick said:
Oh wow... Mine was sent out end of July and still no complete email. This stinks. :(
beponychick, I have a similiar issue. My letters were sent electronically via Interfolio July 27th, and VCU still has not updated my status as complete. I called and they show them as received, but they are not attached to my file. I'm not sure what is going on. They have had my supplemental since 8/1. Anybody else waiting for their Interfolio electronic transmission to be posted to their file?

Dave_med said:
beponychick, I have a similiar issue. My letters were sent electronically via Interfolio July 27th, and VCU still has not updated my status as complete. I called and they show them as received, but they are not attached to my file. I'm not sure what is going on. They have had my supplemental since 8/1. Anybody else waiting for their Interfolio electronic transmission to be posted to their file?

I electronically sent LOR's using Interfolio on 7/28 and was complete on 8/3.

Hey guys, I'm trying to complete the highschool section of VCU's sec, and I can't find a way to enter the name, location, etc, of my highschool (foreign by the way). Anybody had this problem?

Tristy said:
Hey guys, I'm trying to complete the highschool section of VCU's sec, and I can't find a way to enter the name, location, etc, of my highschool (foreign by the way). Anybody had this problem?

Yeah... its really not a problem... you can't put those items into the fields.. I spoke with technical support about it and they informed me that that information is transmitted from AMCAS but it doesn't show up for everyone. In fact, on the county of my school showed up, but not the name. I was told not to worry about it, so I won't.

Hi all,
The messages may seem vague but it is VCU's way of catagorizing all the applicants. It is still quite early so hang loose and be glad it is not a rejection. Good luck.

I've been charting the dates of my secondaries and notices... in case you were wondering, it took them 13 days since their notice of receiving my primary before i got a secondary. i hope that helps :)

Joonie said:
I've been charting the dates of my secondaries and notices... in case you were wondering, it took them 13 days since their notice of receiving my primary before i got a secondary. i hope that helps :)

took me 13 or 14 days to get secondary as well...however i have not yet submitted the application because i was doing mcat stuff...that essay about yourself is kinda tricky...

JTHURMA said:
Yeah... its really not a problem... you can't put those items into the fields.. I spoke with technical support about it and they informed me that that information is transmitted from AMCAS but it doesn't show up for everyone. In fact, on the county of my school showed up, but not the name. I was told not to worry about it, so I won't.

Thanks Jthurma! It was really confusing me :oops:

Do you know what they want in the course information section where it has those boxes for prereq's???

goinverted said:
Do you know what they want in the course information section where it has those boxes for prereq's???

Yea, just check the box next to the courses that fulfill the requirements (i.e. biology, chemistry, o-chem, physics, etc).

:)

English and Math as well, i imagine. How many math classes do they want listed as prereq's?

goinverted said:
English and Math as well, i imagine. How many math classes do they want listed as prereq's?

Yes, English and Math too (hence the etc ). Since I took the standard one year of math and one year of english, I can't really answer. Sorry! Give them a call tomorrow. They are quite nice on the phone. :)

Just checked my online status and I am officially complete. But I did not get a vague email that everyone else seemed to get. Maybe one is comming. They didnt even send me an email to say my status was complete. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.