2023-2024 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R, previously on hold

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Pre-II R, is it just me or was the rejection email a little out of touch?

"This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away."

OOS Pre-II R, is it just me or was the rejection email a little out of touch?

"This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away."
Dont think it was out of touch think it was very kind

Reactions: 4 users
have they been sending out post II R’s or do they wait until they’ve interviewed everyone first?

have they been sending out post II R’s or do they wait until they’ve interviewed everyone first?
If they sent you an invite they for sure will let you interview I think but I feel like 03/07 was the last interview date, that’s why the sent the rejections out on 03/08. I’m just supposing but I could be wrong especially if people have invites for upcoming dates

Does anyone know when they will get back to March interviewees? Do they have to reach out by March 15 or can they drag a decision out into early April.

Members don't see this ad :)
at our interview I think they said 4-6 weeks
they have said this at every interview but for most it has been over/well over 2 months to hear back. Not sure what that means for March interviewers tho. Hoping we all hear back soon!

Last edited:
I was told that in my Jan 8th interview and have heard crickets so I wouldn’t hold them to that

Accepted today! Interviewed Jan 8th.
Good luck to everyone, wishing you the best!

Reactions: 5 users
I got waitlisted here, but I have a letter of intent locked and loaded to send to my pre med program (they will either accept me or waitlist me in April) that I have a much higher chance of getting into. My parents really want me to go to Tulane if I get in, and I would go for sure if I got in, but I don’t know what I should do about risking it and sending a letter of interest to both Tulane and my home program as opposed to letter of full on intent to my home program. Thoughts lol

I got waitlisted here, but I have a letter of intent locked and loaded to send to my pre med program (they will either accept me or waitlist me in April) that I have a much higher chance of getting into. My parents really want me to go to Tulane if I get in, and I would go for sure if I got in, but I don’t know what I should do about risking it and sending a letter of interest to both Tulane and my home program as opposed to letter of full on intent to my home program. Thoughts lol
With letter of intents, you should only send one to your top program so if i were you I would decide where you want to go more and then send one to that school. with letter of interest, though, you can definitely send to both schools and reflect on the interview and what you love about the school (be specific) and that can definitely help your chances!

With letter of intents, you should only send one to your top program so if i were you I would decide where you want to go more and then send one to that school. with letter of interest, though, you can definitely send to both schools and reflect on the interview and what you love about the school (be specific) and that can definitely help your chances!
theres nothing that says i cant send a letter of interest and then a letter of intent after that right?

Was anyone else rejected twice?

I received a pre-II rejection in February, not a hold.

I then received another pre-II rejection on Friday.

I heard that Tulane sold its medical center. Anyone know anything about this? where will students do rotations now?

I heard that Tulane sold its medical center. Anyone know anything about this? where will students do rotations now?

I’m not sure about them selling it but I know the hospital right next to the school is basically just an ER now and the school is transferring into that building, rotations are still at the main hospital a short distance away in the same area as the VA center. That’s at least what they said at the second look day last week

Yes they sold it to LCMC. The other comment is accurate. I asked about this in my interview and they said it won’t affect students. They still have numerous rotation sites in the area and outside.

Why do they only release some of the peoples decisions from the same interview day? It is killing me not knowing. Also will they just reject you if it's a no? Or do they wait until they fill the class.

Why do they only release some of the peoples decisions from the same interview day? It is killing me not knowing. Also will they just reject you if it's a no? Or do they wait until they fill the class.
The class is probably already filled and only releasing new acceptances as people drop their seats to go somewhere else.

The class is probably already filled and only releasing new acceptances as people drop their seats to go somewhere else.
at my interview they said that everyone who interviews has an equal shot at getting accepted. i’m pretty sure they told us the class was not full.

OOS A today! Interviewed 12/06. See you in New Orleansss!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my A! Best of luck to you all <3 This school is so amazing

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
When do they reject people post II's? I feel like no one has said anything about that

Is there a group chat or something to join for accepted students that are going?
Congratulations my friend, we interviewed on the same day! If you scroll up there is an unofficial WhatsApp group link. Also, you will receive an email for an official FB group soon I'm sure.