2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mainetrack waitlist an hour ago. Deferred decision at the end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone who was Boston deferred get rejected or accepted. is it only deferred to WL?

does anyone know when WL people typically have the most movement? and how much movement there tends to be?

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know when WL people typically have the most movement? and how much movement there tends to be?
also curious to know how the WL moves for maine track specifically if anyone knows

I emailed them yesterday asking for a timeline, I’ll update here when I hear back!

Here’s their reply:

As you may or may not be aware, the Department of Education (ED) was very delayed in processing and sending 24-25 FAFSA information to schools this year. While ED has recently started to share some of the backlogged FAFSAs, new issues were discovered as many were found to be inaccurate when loaded into our financial aid system.

While these issues are in the process of being resolved by ED, it has caused even further delays. We understand this is stressful and we are working diligently to get these out to applicants by 4/30/24 (via email). We will begin releasing eligibility notices in the next few days, but we ask for your patience as it will take time to get all processed.

The Office of Financial Aid staff will be available to meet with applicants attending 2nd Look Day. Please be aware that eligibility notices will not be available to share with attendees on Thursday. If you have specific questions or concerns to discuss, you are more than welcome to meet with a staff member.

If questions arise outside of that event, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are available to chat over the phone, answer questions via email or meet virtually.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to working with you during the admission cycle and throughout your time at Tufts School of Medicine.

———
TLDR we’re SOL if we wanted financial aid info before the 4/15 traffic deadline they should be sending out info by the end of the month.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
is the 4/15 traffic deadline an actual hard deadline or a suggestion..? I’m fortunate to have 5 A’s but only received 1 aid package, and cost is a huge factor in my decision

Reactions: 1 users
It is a suggestion, I am not dropping any of my acceptances until I get financial information. The only mandate is each schools PTE deadline, and subsequently CTE.
Very surprised to hear this. How did you find it to be only a "suggestion" tho? Either AAMC is hiding this or smth flew over my head

Very surprised to hear this. How did you find it to be only a "suggestion" tho? Either AAMC is hiding this or smth flew over my head
If you read the AAMC Traffic Rules, they stipulate that their guidance does NOT supersede the school's individual policies... so if your school does not require PTE until April 30th (which seems to be the most common trend) and CTE until an even later date, then you gain nothing by withdrawing before hearing all of your financial aid packages.
I understand that this may be frustrating for WL students, but with the delays in FAFSA this year, there is not much else we can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any Maine Track accepted students heard about the MMC Scholarship? The acceptance portal mentions that these would be sent out in March...

does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance? is it through email or on the portal somewhere?

I still haven't received any aid info yet. Where are people finding their aid information?

Did you receive any other correspondence about financial aid after submitting materials a couple months ago? Any form of confirmation?

I went to second look and got my aid yesterday after I call the finaid office. No institutional aid :(

Anyone have any luck with tufts matching money from other schools?

will be withdrawing A, that $72k tuition plus the Boston COL plus my laughable financial aid package is a doozy 😭

just withdrew my A, bittersweet as was my first A. best of luck to all!

Withdrawing Maine Track A - offered solid funding and it's an incredible opportunity, I wish you all the best!

If anyone is waiting on WL movement, like 25 students have left the GroupMe over the past 2 weeks. I expect some good movement.

If anyone is waiting on WL movement, like 25 students have left the GroupMe over the past 2 weeks. I expect some good movement.
Thanks for this update. When does WL movement typically begin for Tufts? Is it done on an individual basis or in waves?

Did all admitted students get this welcome email to create an account or only those of us who have committed? Any plan to enrollees also get it?

Does anyone know how re-applying works with WL? Last year apps were submitted on June 1, but if we haven’t heard back from WL by then, do we re-apply on that date? I assume apps at places where we are WL will be hard not to get an interview at, but do we wait until after WL movement is done to submit the app? Any advice would be appreciated.