Your Rank List Top 5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelley201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once February 25th rolls around or you have certified your list for the last time (you think) post your top 5!

Members don't see this ad.

Once February 25th rolls around or you have certified your list for the last time (you think) post your top 5!

Why would one want to do such a thing?

Just out of curiosity, and its something to do before March 16-19...

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would one want to do such a thing?

In past years, people have tried similar threads. People either posted their top 5, got freaked, and then yanked their posts 10 minutes later, or posted their top 5 in alphabetical order or something.

We're all pretty paranoid, I guess.

I thought it was a lot of fun, and also helpful, to look back over the last few years at people's rank lists. I definitely understand why people would be hesitant/paranoid though. Alphabetical top 5 seems harmless enough though right? I'll post mine as soon as I finalize it.

I thought it was fun to see who was ranking places near me. Never figured out who was who though, so I don't think it really matters.

It used to be a lot more common on sdn but now, with the power of google and facebook and suchlike magnified immensely, everyone is scared.

Also they always go like this:

1. Best Hospital Ever 1
2. Best Hospital Ever 2
3. Best Hospital Ever 4
4. Best Hospital Ever 3
5. Best Hospital Ever 5

And then 10 minutes later someone comes along and says "omg, you're such an idiot! I can't believe anyone would actually rank BHE4 over BHE3! You must have the intelligence of a slime mold! I can't believe BHE1-5 even wiped their butts with your application, let alone interviewed you!"

So all in all, it's rarely helpful.

New Mexico
MAHEC
Louisville
Akron General
UTSW
Utah
Creighton

My top 5:

1) Mayo - Rochester
2) Brown
3) Wash U
4) UVA
5) UTSW

I barely changed my rank list, and actually didn't touch my top 6 since the day we were allowed to submit, but it still feels nice to have it over with. Now we wait...

Top 6 in alphabetical order (I would show my rank list if others would, but the paranoia is contagious)

Duke
Northwestern
Pitt
UCSF
UNC
UVA

If you're looking at some of the same programs, PM me. Can't wait to see who I'll be working with for the next four years!

Last edited:
My top 5 is in order of rank. Magee is also on my ROL but isn't in the top 5.

Can't wait to see where we all end up!

Last edited:
1)UConn
2)UMass
3)BU
4)University of Rochester
5)Stamford Hospital CT. (no undergrad team)

Members don't see this ad :)
My Top 5 in alphabetical order:

Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, NC)
MAHEC
UK-Lexington
USF-Tampa
UT-Chattanooga

Top 5 in alphabetical order.

Baylor-Dallas
Baylor-Houston
Methodist-Houston
UT-H Hermann Memorial
UTHSC San Antonio

Mix of academic and community programs.
Still have some anxieties aboiut my #1 and #2 which were an academic and community program. Switched back and forth about 7 times in the last 10 hours of rank list stuff.

We'll see...

Top 5 in alphabetical order.

Mix of academic and community programs.
Still have some anxieties aboiut my #1 and #2 which were an academic and community program. Switched back and forth about 7 times in the last 10 hours of rank list stuff.

We'll see...

HA! I did the same thing for the same reasons.

Lehigh Valley
Ohio State
Stony Brook
Maryland
Penn State

good luck to all!

1-Brigham
2-Mount Sinai
3-Cornell
4-St. Lukes/Roosevelt
5-Northshore

Top 7 in alphabetical order:

BIDMC
Brigham/MGH
Brown
Northwestern
OHSU
U Penn
U Pitt

I'd honestly be happy at any of them, but there had to be an order in the end.

Here are my top 6 in alphabetical order. I thought all were great and any could be number 1.

Brigham/MGH
Magee
Northwestern
UNC
UPenn
WashU

Top 6 in alphabetical order:

Duke
Emory
UCI
UCLA
UCSF
UTSW

Alpha order:

Beth Israel Deaconess
Brigham/MGH
Brown
Northwestern
Penn
UCSF

Never posted before, but since I read everyone else's. Alphabetically:

Northwestern
MUSC
UAB
UF
UVA

Top 5 alphabetical order:

Cornell
Einstein
Mt. Sinai
SUNY Stony Brook
UMDNJ Newark

Last edited:
still can't decide if this thread makes me more or less confident about my match chances, but I will add fuel to the fire... (and I like the reverse alphabetical order, that is how my school handed out college diplomas!)

University of Wisconsin
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
University of Iowa
University of Colorado
OHSU
Yale

I love that the people who did mostly bigger, academic programs are the ones brave enough to post. I did a lot of community programs and given the smaller size of that crowd, I don't feel like posting. No matter where I go, I want to start the game off as if they were my top choice. No one but my spouse knows the actual list!

I love that the people who did mostly bigger, academic programs are the ones brave enough to post. I did a lot of community programs and given the smaller size of that crowd, I don't feel like posting. No matter where I go, I want to start the game off as if they were my top choice. No one but my spouse knows the actual list!

Two of my top five were community programs and I posted! :) I did indeed notice that there were a lot of MGH/UCSF/OHSU/Yale on here as well. Then again, I'm not surprised...it's SDN!

Two of my top five were community programs and I posted! :) I did indeed notice that there were a lot of MGH/UCSF/OHSU/Yale on here as well. Then again, I'm not surprised...it's SDN!

4 of my top 5 were STRONG community programs. Quite possibly the best programs in their respective urban areas. I'd be happy to be at any of them.