Top MFM/Gyn Clinicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone let me know who are considered the top few MFM or Gyn clinicians in the country? Interested particularly in someone very skilled in issues of fibroids during c-section or delivery but I know that is specific so doesnt really matter, just someone that is a considered a very thoughtful clinician. Much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone let me know who are considered the top few MFM or Gyn clinicians in the country? Interested particularly in someone very skilled in issues of fibroids during c-section or delivery but I know that is specific so doesnt really matter, just someone that is a considered a very thoughtful clinician. Much appreciated

Fibroids in pregnancy are not rare and the majority of general ob/gyns can manage them. Most often it's a non issue, sometimes fibroids can cause a placenta previa or placental abruption, and during delivery they may inhibit uterine contraction causing a hemorrhage, very rarely fibroids can cause an outlet obstruction necessitating a c-section. There are innumerable obgyns around the country that are more than capable of managing any of these, and I am not familiar with any specific physician who has made this a focus of their career but there may be a few out there, they will usually be found at tertiary or quarternary medical centers.

Last edited:
Fibroids in pregnancy are not rare and the majority of general ob/gyns can manage them. Most often it's a non issue, sometimes fibroids can cause a placenta previa or placental abruption, and during delivery they may inhibit uterine contraction causing a hemorrhage, very rarely fibroids can cause an outlet obstruction necessitating a c-section. There are innumerable obgyns around the country that are more than capable of managing any of these, and I am not familiar with any specific physician who has made this a focus of their career but there may be a few out there, they will usually be found at tertiary or quarternary medical centers.

Thank you Dr. Google, appreciate the info. Im curious though who are some of the top MFM clinicians in the country. I keep asking people in ob/gyn and nobody says any names. Im not sure why its been so hard to come up with even 1 name

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Dr. Google, appreciate the info. Im curious though who are some of the top MFM clinicians in the country. I keep asking people in ob/gyn and nobody says any names. Im not sure why its been so hard to come up with even 1 name

Well it depends on the context, is it clinical expertise? Strong publication history etc? You could google any academic OB department and you will get a list of names, there are some prominent members of the field but they are mostly prominent due to their research expertise like Baha Sabah or Jay Iams or Nancy Cheshire (who is the green journal editor) .If you're looking for a good clinician most people will only be able to tell you who is good in their specific institution.

Last edited:
Well it depends on the context, is it clinical expertise? Strong publication history etc? You could google any academic OB department and you will get a list of names, there are some prominent members of the field but they are mostly prominent due to their research expertise like Baha Sabah or Jay Iams or Nancy Cheshire (who is the green journal editor) .If you're looking for a good clinician most people will only be able to tell you who is good in their specific institution.

Ok thank you that is very helpful. Yes its not easy to identify good clinicians no doubt which is a healthcare wide problem right now anyway (hopefully one our generation can rectify, god knows we need it in rad onc where 50-60+ are really off the rails sometimes) but generally you can get a reasonable idea from people in the field. This is a helpful starting point