You know you've studied too much when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wivet2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...you are looking at the giant microbes website and can't help but think that the blue background looks like a bunch of thyroid follicles (histological view of course :) )

Members don't see this ad.

Thyroid is awesome in histo, second only to the jejunum.

Hmmmm...

you know you have studied too much when you start calling the cricoid cartilage the "Crikey!" cartilage in an Australian accent and think it is extreeeemely funny...while everyone around you simply stares at you oddly.

you know you've studied too much when you go out to eat at Chik-fil-A and start talking about what breed of cow is depicted and what we use them for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those commercials make me so mad!

It's a HOLSTEIN for cryin out loud! Blaaah! Who would want to eata Holstein? Gimme a nice big ole Hereford any day.

Holsteins make great burgers.............:eek:

Don't most fast food hamburgers come from culled dairy cattle?
And ground beef like at Taco Bell, Dell Taco etc. Most of (actually nearly all) prepackaged ground beef is Holstein. And if you get into the meat science of it, Holsteins have a high percentage of marbling so if they were not as old as most Dairy cattle going to slaughter, they would also make a great steak:D

you know you've studied too much when...

you start dreaming about the material or the professors in class. Although that may be kinda handy if you're actually dreaming about the correct material, kinda like a review. Although very freaky if your professors pop into your dreams...

Also if you start using words like cryptorchid or proprioceptive in everyday conversation with non-vet school friends... Those words shouldn't be in normal vocabulary :rolleyes:

... when you see a suburethral diverticulum in the toilet :/

Also if you start using words like cryptorchid or proprioceptive in everyday conversation with non-vet school friends... Those words shouldn't be in normal vocabulary :rolleyes:
i don't have any non-vet school friends. so we use "isogenous group" on a regular basis. again: :/

when you always think of those annoying people blocking the pathway from the lecture theatre as "forming a thrombus"

when you're going to stick to the car in front of you "like a tight junction" so no one can fly up the exit lane and merge in after you've waited in traffic forever... love philly driving.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you've been studying too long when... you wake up at 3am the morning before a final and can't remember whether you fell asleep studying or legitimately went to bed.

Glad finals week is over :p

"you know you've studied too much when...

you start dreaming about the material or the professors in class. Although that may be kinda handy if you're actually dreaming about the correct material, kinda like a review. Although very freaky if your professors pop into your dreams...

Also if you start using words like cryptorchid or proprioceptive in everyday conversation with non-vet school friends... Those words shouldn't be in normal vocabulary "

HAHAHA I do this all the time! I guess it's good for retaining the information and I feel like I still get a good night sleep, but there are several days that I dream all night of cardiology, or respiration, etc.... HAHAHA :laugh:

"you know you've studied too much when...

Also if you start using words like cryptorchid or proprioceptive in everyday conversation with non-vet school friends... Those words shouldn't be in normal vocabulary "

HAHAHA I do this all the time! I guess it's good for retaining the information and I feel like I still get a good night sleep, but there are several days that I dream all night of cardiology, or respiration, etc.... HAHAHA :laugh:

Try "Magic School Bus" like dreams of traveling through your cadaver's GI tract. To make matters worse, you can't continue your journey until you've named every structure around you (i.e. major duodenal papillae, etc).

hahaah when you start dreaming about what you just studied. I do that all the time, I remember once for a bio class, I had a dream that I was walking through a forest and was naming every plant and what branch they were off and it went on....LMAO

i seem to have the opposite problem... i cant fall asleep because my head is so full of stuff that i just studied!

one...more...exam...

stupid path.

3 more days.

how about when...

your cat knocks your entire histo slidebox on the ground and breaks like 13 out of 100. first you freak out.... :eek::scared:
....then you tape them together saying ah, ileum has lymphathic nodules..... colon has crypts of lieberkuhn.... this is boar epididymis!

:rolleyes:

how about when...

your cat knocks your entire histo slidebox on the ground and breaks like 13 out of 100. first you freak out.... :eek::scared:
....then you tape them together saying ah, ileum has lymphathic nodules..... colon has crypts of lieberkuhn.... this is boar epididymis!

:rolleyes:

haha nancy's favorite slide! she's going to be so sad!

2 whole days to study for path... except Im watching Ellen instead of studying and wasting that precious time.

you know you've studied too much when...

you wake up two days after finals have ended wondering what exam you are taking that day...

2 whole days to study for path... except Im watching Ellen instead of studying and wasting that precious time.

Super jealous. We just finished classes on Friday, had parasit on Monday, path today, and epidemiology tomorrow. Ah well, sleep is overrated, right?

Good luck!

that sucks.

Finals were our easiest round of exams (at least scheduling wise) for the whole semester. I can't complain too much, except for my lack of ability to focus!