Yea, but what's your hobby?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Re: sim racing online. Are you guys talking ps3, xbox, or PC?

If there are any gamers, i havent bought a game in 3 years except for call of duty which a colleague bought me and we played together for 4-5 months. That stated, i played Diablo II in college for countless hours so when Diablo IIi came out a week ago I did buy it. DrFondle if anyone else is interested...

I used to LOVE playing Xbox :

1. Fight night.
2. Halo.
3. Golden eye - that one was a real keeper. I could play this endlessly. Drove my wife up the wall.

I haven't played in absolute ages. Has anyone heard anything about the Xbox 360 and the "red ring of death" ? I had heard this was a real manufacturing problem. Not sure if they fixed it or not.

I am seriously considering buying this unit, as the games these days : SERIOUSLY next level shiznit. Call of duty ? I could invest a lot of time in that one. I'd have to play it when my wife goes on one of her "girl's vacations" though. :D

Members don't see this ad.

My hobby is not having freaking children so I can enjoy my other hobbies.

Kids are one of the very most expensive, self indulgent hobbies there are in first world countries. Let's face it, you don't need them, you want them "just because."

I think they make sense if you are a farmer otherwise.

i think wives are an expensive hobby

Members don't see this ad :)
my hobby is not having freaking children so i can enjoy my other hobbies.

Kids are one of the very most expensive, self indulgent hobbies there are in first world countries. Let's face it, you don't need them, you want them "just because."

i think they make sense if you are a farmer otherwise.

wow!

My hobby is not having freaking children so I can enjoy my other hobbies.

I think they make sense if you are a farmer otherwise.

That's true, if you don't like the boat you bought, you sell it.
If you don't like a video game you bought, you abandon it.
If you don't like the book you are writing, you trash it and start a new one.

But if you try any of that, even once, with a kid, people go nuts for some reason....

I couldn't hear anything. Was it a high pitch?

There was a NYT's article that accompanies that ringtone. I was in the den reading it while my adolescent son was in there studying for school. I kept pushing the ringtone thinking it was some mistake cause I couldn't hear a thing. Finally, my son looks over at me and says "Jeez dad would you knock that off!" I didn't have a clue.

There was a NYT's article that accompanies that ringtone. I was in the den reading it while my adolescent son was in there studying for school. I kept pushing the ringtone thinking it was some mistake cause I couldn't hear a thing. Finally, my son looks over at me and says "Jeez dad would you knock that off!" I didn't have a clue.

awesome!

I used to LOVE playing Xbox :

1. Fight night.
2. Halo.
3. Golden eye - that one was a real keeper. I could play this endlessly. Drove my wife up the wall.

I haven't played in absolute ages. Has anyone heard anything about the Xbox 360 and the "red ring of death" ? I had heard this was a real manufacturing problem. Not sure if they fixed it or not.

I am seriously considering buying this unit, as the games these days : SERIOUSLY next level shiznit. Call of duty ? I could invest a lot of time in that one. I'd have to play it when my wife goes on one of her "girl's vacations" though. :D

Just saw Xbox 360 AND Kinect for $99 at the Microsoft store that just opened up.

Just saw Xbox 360 AND Kinect for $99 at the Microsoft store that just opened up.

Probably because they are about to announce a new Xbox and to get the $99 deal you have to get xbox live for at least a year.

I couldn't hear anything. Was it a high pitch?
My friend showed me an app like this on his iphone. The app tells you what age cannot hear what frequency.

Apparently kids in school are using it as a txt alert because the teacher can't hear it...

Actually pretty ingenious :)