Where can I buy a cheap but good ultrasound machine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cameroncarter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Budget: $5000

Members don't see this ad.

I am not affiliated with Clarius but hear they are rather good for interventional

I am not affiliated with Clarius but hear they are rather good for interventional

I just hate the $500-600 annual membership cost

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone buy a used machine? where to buy/lease used ?

I bought my Sonosite Edge II through Probo medical, I found them on Google and asked them to put me in touch with one of their previous clients so I could discuss how happy they were with the experience. I did use the warranty to replace the hard drive. It was $28,500 for a 2017 model with two probes (this was in 2021). I went back and forth on buying something cheaper but figured since I’m still relatively early in my career investing in a nicer piece of equipment with better imaging made sense.

I bought my Sonosite Edge II through Probo medical, I found them on Google and asked them to put me in touch with one of their previous clients so I could discuss how happy they were with the experience. I did use the warranty to replace the hard drive. It was $28,500 for a 2017 model with two probes (this was in 2021). I went back and forth on buying something cheaper but figured since I’m still relatively early in my career investing in a nicer piece of equipment with better imaging made sense.
What year do you think it will have paid for itself?

What year do you think it will have paid for itself?

An ultrasound guided injection reimburses roughly $150+ so it takes 186 patient encounters. But I also got it so I had the option of doing PRP joint injections in office. It’s probably paid off by now.

An ultrasound guided injection reimburses roughly $150+ so it takes 186 patient encounters. But I also got it so I had the option of doing PRP joint injections in office. It’s probably paid off by now.
Fewer after the tax write-off for the purchase.

@Agast are you doing a w2 for your base salary and then a dividend from the practice for your individual and shared additional profit? You had the group buy the US though,
right?

We are all W2 and keep our individual profits as bonuses at the end of each quarter. I purchased the ultrasound myself, it is 100% owned by me.

I don’t think I that is a good way of doing it. The ultrasound being a loss of a $30k deduction being just one example.

OP invest in yourself.

Name one professional that does not use the best equipment they can in their trade.