Yea, but what's your hobby?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101N

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Family, motorcycles, travel, MotoGP:)

Members don't see this ad.

Driving fast with the top down through empty twisting roads.

I'm actually in Ravello on the Amalfi coast right now. Have a conference in Rome so a nice paid vacation... Yesterday I spent 3 hours in my rental, a Smart car of all things, and had a blast even though I wished the car were even smaller. Crazy winding tight roads.

Members don't see this ad :)
getting sleep (have small children)...

ive dabbled in home brewing, bicycle riding, WoW... but everything came to a screaching halt with the babies.

running. pretty much everything else is on hold for now with the kids. they really do put a crimp in your lifestyle.

Running, golf, gadgets and travelling. No kids yet so I get plenty of sleep. I can't believe some of you guys are into bikes. I have seen enough of my friends get hurt to stay far away from them.

Family (just had a baby - well wifey did), golf, mountain biking, Formula 1, techy stuff.

wine, swimming, kids, hiking, cycling, top gear, wine

previously it was this and this....
IMG_0958.jpg

Inv_GroveSlam09.jpg

now it's this

photo4.jpg

and hopefully more of this
IMG_2570.jpg

Family (just had a baby - well wifey did), golf, mountain biking, Formula 1, techy stuff.

Congrats buddy!!!
What techy website do you follow? I am a fan of gizmodo, engadget, techcrunch and cnet.

Pre-kids:

Marathons, loud screaming electric guitars and German 2-seat convertibles.

Post-kids:

5k's pushing two seat jogging strollers, pink Dora The Explorer guitars, and a family truckster.

You're breaking him in early:) I've got a picture of me @ 5 on the back of my brother's Triumph just before he went off to Viet Nam. I've loved bikes ever since.

Is that "Invincible" tank for beer or fish?

Members don't see this ad :)
The "Invincible" is the brand of boat and that is a plumbed tank or livewell for live bait. If you look at the "rear quarter" of the boat you can see the same logo.

Congrats buddy!!!
What techy website do you follow? I am a fan of gizmodo, engadget, techcrunch and cnet.

Thanks man. Lifehacker, gizmodo, and jalopnik frequented daily. I also love GT5 with a logitech wheel when I have a chunk of free time. Huge fan of top gear bbc like specepic as well.

Cool. Cute kid, who's the father?

Feeling the pain that's going around here with sleep loss from baby care... my wife and I had twin girls this March. We finally brought them home (safe and healthy) in late April. Someone has to get up at least once each night to feed. Reminds me a lot of internship!

I'm working on a garden this year, and I do a lot of cooking. Makes sense, since ya gotta eat.

One day I hope to have money to waste on a convertible and a boat... and the time to dust off my golf clubs and mountain bike!

Feeling the pain that's going around here with sleep loss from baby care... my wife and I had twin girls this March. We finally brought them home (safe and healthy) in late April. Someone has to get up at least once each night to feed. Reminds me a lot of internship!

I'm working on a garden this year, and I do a lot of cooking. Makes sense, since ya gotta eat.

One day I hope to have money to waste on a convertible and a boat... and the time to dust off my golf clubs and mountain bike!

twins are a handful. mine arent identical, but that actually works against us.

im hoping i can waste money some day - but time is more important than money at the moment. id say enjoy them while they cant complain - or at least while you cant understand their complaints...

Thanks man. Lifehacker, gizmodo, and jalopnik frequented daily. I also love GT5 with a logitech wheel when I have a chunk of free time. Huge fan of top gear bbc like specepic as well.

i used to be fanatical about sim racing online. We used to race for money in a league....with sponsors. Hope to get back into it when i have more time. I have a Logitech wheel too. If you havent already, try Nascar Racing 2003 or Grand Prix Legends.

Re: sim racing online. Are you guys talking ps3, xbox, or PC?

If there are any gamers, i havent bought a game in 3 years except for call of duty which a colleague bought me and we played together for 4-5 months. That stated, i played Diablo II in college for countless hours so when Diablo IIi came out a week ago I did buy it. DrFondle if anyone else is interested...

Computer games and photography

Re: sim racing online. Are you guys talking ps3, xbox, or PC?

If there are any gamers, i havent bought a game in 3 years except for call of duty which a colleague bought me and we played together for 4-5 months. That stated, i played Diablo II in college for countless hours so when Diablo IIi came out a week ago I did buy it. DrFondle if anyone else is interested...

is it any good?

i loved Diablo II.... had a 98 barbarian, 97 sorceress, 92 amazon...

my personal fav (because it was most unique and most difficult to play), a level 67 javazon...

I used to be obsessed with Starcraft and Age of Empires (real time strategy games). To me those are the best games ever when played with/against friends on a network.

Just missed being sucked into the massively multiplayer games.

I never got that into the first person shooter games. When I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is get shot at by insurgents...

Really into marathons and triathlons these days. I can't get enough but my musculoskeletal system is giving me warning signs...

Also, I love surfing/boogie boarding. The only problem is where I live, every break appears to be spoken for by territorial people. Just doesn't seem so relaxing any more...

is it any good?

i loved Diablo II.... had a 98 barbarian, 97 sorceress, 92 amazon...

my personal fav (because it was most unique and most difficult to play), a level 67 javazon...

Only played for a couple days before leaving the country for a conference. It is better than diablo ii.

i used to be fanatical about sim racing online. We used to race for money in a league....with sponsors. Hope to get back into it when i have more time. I have a Logitech wheel too. If you havent already, try Nascar Racing 2003 or Grand Prix Legends.

I'll have to check those out. Not a huge fan of oval racing though.

I'm on PS3 with a Logitech wheel and a wheelstand pro (google it) playing mainly GT5 and F1 2010. Haven't done any sim yet.

sim racing back then (around 2001-2003) was only possible online......no console. But the PC game has so many things u can change to the suspension that it has great replayability. You can also race road courses, but stock cars arent like road racing cars. It is a simulator more than a game. It is still alot of fun even though it is almost 10 years old.

Diablo2 was also a great time sucker. Havent got the itch to buy D3.

Since having kids, most of the hobbies are down the drain...
1) Karate
2) Sushi nights - for guys nights out...
3) Skyrim or Diablo III for 1 hour every month or so depending on what my schedule allows...

A new hobby i'd like to start... how to become a Chocolatier!

1) Karate
3) Skyrim or Diablo III for 1 hour every month or so depending on what my schedule allows...

First step - always start with high quality chocolate, and dont be afraid to eat your mistakes...

ps If you dont have any other chocolate in the house, any kind is high quality...

1) Karate

I dont know how to make friends in diablo 3 yet but if you do, drfondle is me

I can't believe that not one of you knows (or cares) about Schutzhund. It's a blast. It's a German sport but has become quite popular here in the US.

my pregnant wife, cars, motorcycles, cycling, tennis, walking around NYC

my newest obsession, PRO TOOLS.

drfondle??? paging Freud...

drfondle??? paging Freud...

In nigh school I played Quake with a group of friends. I mean all out nerdiness with Lan parties and stuff. We were always trying to outdo each other with funny handles. When I picked this one they liked it so much it became permanent. This was before I decided on medicine.

So I kept it in college. And xbox. And xbox 360. And ps3. For about ten years if i were online i would randomly run into people who recognized the name and was someone I had known in HS or oollege. The ones who didnt still often chuckle.

And imagine, I went into anesthesia of all things...

Since I am now a professional, I shortened it to drf.

In nigh school I played Quake with a group of friends. I mean all out nerdiness with Lan parties and stuff. We were always trying to outdo each other with funny handles. When I picked this one they liked it so much it became permanent. This was before I decided on medicine.

So I kept it in college. And xbox. And xbox 360. And ps3. For about ten years if i were online i would randomly run into people who recognized the name and was someone I had known in HS or oollege. The ones who didnt still often chuckle.

And imagine, I went into anesthesia of all things...

Since I am now a professional, I shortened it to drf.

haha, thats what DRF is for...

since this is a hobby post, JCM 800, my moniker, is for the best Marshall tube amp made in the 1980s... for a brief period they made one that was 2 channel with dual reverb, in my opinion the best. it was the one before Spinal Tap came out with one that went to 11...

ironically, they did then go make the JCM 900 ( which i also had for a while), that went to 20, which is clearly 10 more louder than just 10. much like pain scores.

Last edited:
that's funny about drf... that's exactly how I got my handle... i was playing Ultima Online during med school and got frustrated w/ lag and named one of my characters Tenesma (plural of tenesmus)

Pre-kids my hobbies were fly fishing, surfing and alot of golf. I used to get in 50-60 rounds in a 5 month season in college and immediately after. Post kids I have played golf twice in 3 years and fished twice. I still get out to surf as much as possible. Used to workout alot more but that also went bye-bye.

Pre-kids my hobbies were fly fishing, surfing and alot of golf. I used to get in 50-60 rounds in a 5 month season in college and immediately after. Post kids I have played golf twice in 3 years and fished twice. I still get out to surf as much as possible. Used to workout alot more but that also went bye-bye.

i got a kick-ass set of clubs for christmas 2010. been used exactly 2 times. fml

Auto racing, reef aquariums, crossfit, outdoor stuff with kids. Since kids, interest in the first two is going away. Want to spend time with them before they aren't cute any more. Oh, I'm embarassed to admit it but I have a copy of D3.

Last edited:
i was into reef aquariums as welll...now i am just too busy, have a company that comes in every 2 weeks to manage the tank... it is pretty to look at, but it just doesn't feel the same since I am no longer the one cleaning out the protein skimmer and titrating chemicals...

PS- Those Invisible boats are VERY expensive.

My hobby is not having freaking children so I can enjoy my other hobbies.

Kids are one of the very most expensive, self indulgent hobbies there are in first world countries. Let's face it, you don't need them, you want them "just because."

I think they make sense if you are a farmer otherwise.