WWhats for dinner speed game interest sign up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I think doubting a no lynch after last game makes more sense as a village move, at least coming from you.
Plus I briefly ISO'd AM and WZ. Right before they each died, AM had switched off of you and WZ had said he was coming for you. The dichotomy is odd.

What do you mean by the bolded?

Members don't see this ad.

Because I think doubting a no lynch after last game makes more sense as a village move, at least coming from you.
Plus I briefly ISO'd AM and WZ. Right before they each died, AM had switched off of you and WZ had said he was coming for you. The dichotomy is odd.
o_O

This is not the best reasoning I've heard for someone being village. Your logic is failing.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is literally a picture of me in the lounge RIGHT NOW

But I guess it's not a WW game without a gender reversal ;)
Did you know typos are more common on mobile devices than computers? Neither did I; I just pulled that out of my ass. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Just that I would have expected your NKs to be less extreme in terms of their opinions of you.
I'm not trying to argue that Stagg is a wolf, but I've said to Stagg, and here, that NKs are not always about killing who is or isn't suspicious of you, because 1) that is way too obvious and 2) that isn't always the best way to create the ideal lylo, and that's where a wolf will win, not because they necessarily kept around/killed their biggest supporter vs biggest enemy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dead is no one.
It is now N3 close 0915EST

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
I'm debating if Stagg sat on his vote on purpose, if he didn't, then he just let capri win by not voting lol

I'm debating if Stagg sat on his vote on purpose, if he didn't, then he just let capri win by not voting lol
lol or I didn't notice the time, and I should have switched to Stagg not that it would have mattered without capri on it too

I tried to poke the holes in the logic

should've trusted my gut

For anyone wanting to know. This game set up with one wolf with a conversion upon death. So no lynch wasn't a good option again, but I let him play it out. I chose this set up because I looked at the mafia set ups and they were split between a 1 vs 2 wolf set up.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, it wouldn't have mattered because I had a CONVERSION on my death. So I actually won as soon as that No Lynch vote passed. Mixy just wanted to see if I could run the table.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered because I had a CONVERSION on my death. So I actually won as soon as that No Lynch vote passed. Mixy just wanted to see if I could run the table.

WHY WAS THERE CONVERSION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone wanting to know. This game set up with one wolf with a conversion upon death. So no lynch wasn't a good option again, but I let him play it out. I chose this set up because I looked at the mafia set ups and they were split between a 1 vs 2 wolf set up.

Thanks. My opposition to No Lynch has therefore strengthened significantly.

I don't care if I get lynched over it as villager. I would definitely prioritize hunting down wolves than voting passively for a no lynch.

Reactions: 2 users
Okay, but numberwise, if stagg had been lynched d1, it would still would've been mylo but with no w/w context.

That's uh...not a good setup. Sorry. Didn't end up mattering. But a conversion in a game this small is basically unwinnable, worse than starting with 2.

Anyone running a 6 player game with two wolves is a crazy person.

Btw, both games were won fair by wolves and were run well by the mods. They were good games and it's fun to watch and play.

However, no lynch is a really bad strategy and it's especially painful to get personally burned by it in Reading game and watch village get burned in the speed game. Yes, I get that no lynch favors village because it allows more time for discussion, but there is a counter to no lynch, whether it's death avoidance or conversion or whatever.

It's a lesson to be learned that no lynch is a bad move to play, hence why I'm opposed to it.

@muttmanager I'm sorry for voting to lynch you yet again in the early game. Self-prez though, especially when I'm solo wolfing.

@WildZoo , I'm prepared for your permanent D1 lynch vote from now on as well ;)
It is both AM's fault that you didn't die in the first place AND that I went along with the no lynch nonsense. So maybe I should be lynching her D1 :thinking:

...nah, you're right. From now until eternity my friend ;)

That's uh...not a good setup. Sorry. Didn't end up mattering. But a conversion in a game this small is basically unwinnable, worse than starting with 2.

Anyone running a 6 player game with two wolves is a crazy person.
Good to know! I will keep it in mind for next time. Mafia was pretty split so I wanted to try a compromise

this is the first time that I've considered it gives the wolves a slight advantage despite the odds going against them, in crafting their lylo

I'm heavily influenced by a mafia wiki article saying that from the very first moment you open that wolfy PM, everything you do is working towards that lylo, and crafting it

obviously you have to react to village and as the game unfolds update the plan

but as you steer the lynches and pick your NKs, it should all be narrowing it down to that make or break moment

Btw, both games were won fair by wolves and were run well by the mods. They were good games and it's fun to watch and play.

However, no lynch is a really bad strategy and it's especially painful to get personally burned by it in Reading game and watch village get burned in the speed game. Yes, I get that no lynch favors village because it allows more time for discussion, but there is a counter to no lynch, whether it's death avoidance or conversion or whatever.

It's a lesson to be learned that no lynch is a bad move to play, hence why I'm opposed to it.
you were correct up until you made a blanket statement that it's a bad move to play

numerically it's fine, but I also think it's fine if people don't like it

frankly I don't like it, numbers be damned. I just think it's more fun if everyday the village has to kill someone. Never mind if we lose.

The truth is, you have a preference over how village loses, not that this move doesn't have benefit. The former is opinion, the latter is a matter of maths.

On the off chance there was a PR (which, if you're going to go with this setup, there should have been), I was also ok with the no lynch in favor of giving us a shot at info gathering or some such.

But yeah. A convert is stronger than an original. So if mafia was between one wolf and two (still crazy in my opinion, what WW game is run at 33% wolves?), the solution is not a convert, especially one that happens when the first wolf dies. That's actually the strongest type of convert.

/End teaching moment. I'm happy to have found my new archnemesis.

Reactions: 4 users
you were correct up until you made a blanket statement that it's a bad move to play

numerically it's fine, but I also think it's fine if people don't like it

frankly I don't like it, numbers be damned. I just think it's more fun if everyday the village has to kill someone. Never mind if we lose.

The truth is, you have a preference over how village loses, not that this move doesn't have benefit. The former is opinion, the latter is a matter of maths.

I'm obviously making an opinion about no lynches since I'm expressing my frustration over it. I'm not telling anyone what they should do. When I play, I will oppose the no lynch. If you guys want to lynch me over it because opposing no lynch looks sketchy, go ahead, I don't care. I'm going to use that time to build a case against someone who I think is wolf and vote there.

For me, MYLOs and LYLOs are functionally the same and voting a No Lynch to convert a MYLO to LYLO isn't a good idea. I'll do everything I can do make a case in MYLO and vote accordingly.

I'm obviously making an opinion about no lynches since I'm expressing my frustration over it. I'm not telling anyone what they should do. When I play, I will oppose the no lynch. If you guys want to lynch me over it because opposing no lynch looks sketchy, go ahead, I don't care. I'm going to use that time to build a case against someone who I think is wolf and vote there.

For me, MYLOs and LYLOs are functionally the same and voting a No Lynch to convert a MYLO to LYLO isn't a good idea. I'll do everything I can do make a case in MYLO and vote accordingly.
I can get behind this.

I was nitpicking that no lynches confer no benefit. They may, in some circumstances. But a lot of people don't find it fun, and I also do question if in OUR particular hands it benefits village.

@muttmanager I'm sorry for voting to lynch you yet again in the early game. Self-prez though, especially when I'm solo wolfing.

@WildZoo , I'm prepared for your permanent D1 lynch vote from now on as well ;)
Don't be sorry - since it worked, I'm sure you'd do it again lol

I can get behind this.

I was nitpicking that no lynches confer no benefit. They may, in some circumstances. But a lot of people don't find it fun, and I also do question if in OUR particular hands it benefits village.

Perhaps my opposition can soften a bit when I see games where No Lynch doesn't lead to village getting wiped out (because like you said, mathematically, No Lynch does favor village most of the time). But getting burned twice in a row is painful and it doesn't make sense for me to personally follow that strategy as villager.