What to sign up for

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurevet27

Reaction score
Hi there!! I was just wondering since getting my vet school email, what we can sign up for and what we have for free. I’ve already applied for VIN but I’m not sure what else we get access to as vet students :)

Members don't see this ad.

VetGirl is free to students last I checked.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not free, but it’s cheaper for students than regular price but I highly recommend the Plumbs app for when you get to clinics. Not super useful for didactics but I liked it during clinics and used it a LOT during my first year of practice (and then I let it expire and haven’t renewed it yet). VIN does have their own drug formulary on their website that is fine too, but I liked the layout of plumbs and the ease of use since it was an app vs having to log onto the website each time.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s not free, but it’s cheaper for students than regular price but I highly recommend the Plumbs app for when you get to clinics. Not super useful for didactics but I liked it during clinics and used it a LOT during my first year of practice (and then I let it expire and haven’t renewed it yet). VIN does have their own drug formulary on their website that is fine too, but I liked the layout of plumbs and the ease of use since it was an app vs having to log onto the website each time.
I'll second this.

VIN and Clinician's Brief both have student memberships as well, I use them a ton on clinics.

Fear Free certification is also heavily discounted for vet students!

Exero App

You can sign in for free with your vin membership login. The App has these 3D videos of common procedures. It’s really cool.

• Wow
idk if other schools do this but at UMN we had to do fear free cert through one of our first year classes!
We received extra credit for one of ours - it was the push I needed to finally getting around to doing it!

idk if other schools do this but at UMN we had to do fear free cert through one of our first year classes!
UIUC has you do it fourth year as part of the small animal primary care rotation if you take it (I don’t think it’s required for the exotics primary care or large animal primary care options but idk for sure)