WW Game of Thrones.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dyachei

vet robot pirate zombie
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been a long summer in Westeros (and beyond) but the weather is changing. Kings fight kings across vast battlefields while the people suffer. Successions are tricky things, and this one is no different. The prince is too young to rule, and some deem him unworthy. His uncles fight amongst themselves for their claim to the prickly iron throne.

Meanwhile, in the north, the days are getting shorter and nights are getting colder. Deep, chilling snows soak the Night’s Watch through and through. Their numbers and dwindling and the coming winter looks to be long. Even the wildlings are not up to their usual tricks.

The white ravens have been released by the citadel.

Winter is coming....

Are you prepared?

It is now day 1.

Please elect yourselves a king. The King will have 1 veto.

Winterfell
1 nohika
2 wldlfstdnt
3 holdonhope
4 FTB
5 abbercadaver
6 NStarz
7 ksmi117
8 BBEventer

Dothraki sea
1 jjohnston
2 orca2011
3 lissarae06
4 Foxhunter
5 SOV
6 TimeWarner
7 Katie8
8 AlaskanDream

King's Landing
1 JohnnyDrama
2 FranZ
3 krist
4 WTF
5 DocE
6 Minnerbelle
7 Emiloo4

The Wall
1 Sheepdog
2 Ivorypolarbear
3 LIS
4 wildcatj
5 devyn
6 SnS
7 Packen

Deadline is tomorrow morning at 8:15 am unless everyone wants more time.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also... I will prob not post a lot between the hours of 8am and noon and 1pm and 4pm (EST) M-F. My psych rotation has terrible service and the patients all think I'm contacting the FBI when I try to surf the internet on my phone. But that rotation is ending soon.

And in the mean time.... if you're a wolf, I have some news for you. HEADS WILL ROLL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDtccZHRFE[/youtube]

I'd like to throw my name out for King! I am off all weekend and will have lots of time to play and strategize! :D:thumbup:

I'd like to throw my name out for King! I am off all weekend and will have lots of time to play and strategize! :D:thumbup:

kriiiist. We have an issue. We have the same avatar and same ambition for king. Given our avatar this latter detail is not surprising.

Also... I will prob not post a lot between the hours of 8am and noon and 1pm and 4pm (EST) M-F. My psych rotation has terrible service and the patients all think I'm contacting the FBI when I try to surf the internet on my phone. But that rotation is ending soon.

And in the mean time.... if you're a wolf, I have some news for you. HEADS WILL ROLL
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDtccZHRFE[/youtube]

*Snicker*

kriiiist. We have an issue. We have the same avatar and same ambition for king. Given our avatar this latter detail is not surprising.

Did you change your avatar? I had no idea when I signed up I was in a group of loungers ha this could be interesting...you have played many more games than me so I wouldn't worry too much about people voting for me over you!

elect Devyn

Devyn - this is in addition to the booze as way of apology for trying to throw you under the bus last time.

Wall citizens - get behind this vote. The Wall toughens people - we need a tough king.

:laugh: except in your avatar the guy actually looks semi-good looking

Ooh ok my guy is the same as your guy, I get it. I know nothing about GoT I just google imaged from the list people gave me in the sign up thread and this was the coolest one that came up. I am definitely not changing it to hot pie! I have a 5 hour busride tomorrow so I mayy start watching on HBO Go so I can follow along the game better!

elect Devyn

Devyn - this is in addition to the booze as way of apology for trying to throw you under the bus last time.

Wall citizens - get behind this vote. The Wall toughens people - we need a tough king.

.. and by king, of course, I mean queen.

Man. And I even already knew Devyn. Took less than a page to change somebody. On a roll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh ok my guy is the same as your guy, I get it. I know nothing about GoT I just google imaged from the list people gave me in the sign up thread and this was the coolest one that came up. I am definitely not changing it to hot pie! I have a 5 hour busride tomorrow so I mayy start watching on HBO Go so I can follow along the game better!

:laugh: I don't think it really matters. and what the heck is a hot pie - shows how much I know

Please play more 6 am (CST) to 9pm (CST) times....I SLEEP LIKE AN OLD PERSON.

No offense, SOV and LIS ;)

For now....I vote elect Devyn

However, I suspect I will be back on around 6:45 (CST; i.e. 7:45 EST....i.e. just before votes close) to reevaluate my shiz. If anyone else has decided they want to be leader and I decide you are WORTHY.

Devyn's hours and mine are similar...and I am a fellow drunk...so I suport YOU Devyn (if you want it)

.. and by king, of course, I mean queen.

Man. And I even already knew Devyn. Took less than a page to change somebody. On a roll.

It's alright I would rather be king TBH, queen's are usually evil - at least there are some good kings out there :laugh:

:laugh: I don't think it really matters. and what the heck is a hot pie - shows how much I know

Hot-pie.png

That is a hot pie..and I refuse to have to look at that as my avatar! :laugh:

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown: He's a nice guy :D

As far as the vote goes I think it should be someone that knows enough about the series so elect DocE

I will also add that I am an epic wolf killer. This is only backed by two games (so take it with a grain of salt). My most recent game I was a wolf so... i obviously couldnt kill wolves (even then i did kill one anyway haha).

So me as a leader may be useful. But I wont be offended if you vote in a local. Gotta trust the person. Some of you dont know my tendancies and perhaps dont trust me yet. I'll earn the trust. Or die trying.

I have been meaning to read these books, but have not had time yet. With that, AlaskaDream has a knack of picking out wolves. So... elect AlaskaDream.

Ok, I'll go with DocE because he is a good wolf picker, he is in my group, and he knows about the GoT stuff!

Elect DocE

I will also add that I am an epic wolf killer.

Not trying to shoot you down as mayor, but... I just don't get the whole "wolf killer" argument (and yer certainly not the first to use it). What am I missing that would make us want to make sure we pick an "epic wolf killer" mayor versus any other mayor? Mayors don't have any inherent advantage in killing wolves over any other player, right?

elect lissarae

Because who doesn't love a leader in their group! And lissa's a good one!

I am apparently a fan of incest, which kind of sucks (can't post in the other thread cuz it's locked). But I will be keeping my avatar, if only to make things interesting :laugh: (LIS--there better not be a rope item in this game!!!!)

Lissa would probably be a good choice for mayor, methinks.

Elect Lissa.

Getting behind my group and Elect Devyn. Also off to bed shortly. Killer day today.

Official vote tally:
Devyn- 3 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj)
DocE - 2 (Sheepdog, krist)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 3 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz)

Not trying to shoot you down as mayor, but... I just don't get the whole "wolf killer" argument (and yer certainly not the first to use it). What am I missing that would make us want to make sure we pick an "epic wolf killer" mayor versus any other mayor? Mayors don't have any inherent advantage in killing wolves over any other player, right?

The argument becomes that if youre good you are going to want to be somewhere that people respect you enough to trust a hunch. often thats all you have. Mayor adds extra creedence. Similarly my hunch has saved a villager with a veto (once. but thats 100% frequency). Having the extra influence is good so a correct hunch isn't ignored. Then again, I dont care if you don't vote me. Just making my case once.

****** elect Liss ****
Not about to fight this bold thing.

In solidarity, I vote for a fellow Wall member and GoT newbie!

elect devyn

Official vote tally:
Devyn- 4 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB)
DocE - 3 (Sheepdog, krist, WTF)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 5 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo)

I'll make things interesting, I will share my GoT knowledge with her

unelect DocE
elect Devyn

Ok I need to go to bed....

I don't want to be an ass and vote for myself, but I want to vote for someone within the wall...

elect Sheeps

as he knows all about GoT

If it comes down to the end and I am in need of a vote to win then I will be an ass and switch :smuggrin:

(just remember I have the whiskey :D)

And we post at the same time :laugh:

:D If people want to vote for me feel free, you know I have no problem voting for myself if things start to turn in my favor but for now I'll keep my vote with a frontrunner

:corny: God, wish I could play instead of dressing up like big bird for this wedding. :rolleyes:

Ok, GoT noob... what is this "wall" business?:confused::confused::confused: