Wright State U Boonshoft Class of 2011 -- Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I may have to work on Mondays, but I'm talking a nice relaxing half-day today and then going golfing. So I definately do not have a case of the Mondays either.

Also, let me emphasize what Jess is saying. I've been lucky enough to meet up with both Jess and Chris, and so far our class is definately full of top notchers. So, if anyone out there is SDN land can make it to the May 25 icebreaker, please make the trek. If you have any questions about the 25th you can PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

Jess, you could always not write anything for the profile and be "mysterious".

Chris, now I have to buy the first round after the free drinks on Saturday night, thanks again.

Boonshoft out.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
So, I'm new to this thread, but I wanted to introduce myself. I think I will be joining you all next year (still trying to decide between med school or grad school) :confused: . Honestly, its been a long time since I have been to Ohio for more then a quick visit so thanks for all the great information about apts. and such. Quick question; what do you guys know about opportunities to go abroad? Everyone at the school and at my interview said there were a lot of options but I haven't been able to find anything concrete.

Hey, Nomad... welcome to the party! Certainly sounds like you have a big choice to make, so good luck! I'm sure you have a lot more important factors to consider than the opinion of some guy in an SDN forum, but I'll say that WSU is gonna be great and we'd love to add another 'Boonie' to the mix, in here.

So I take it that you are an out-of-stater; where are coming from?

I looked around for opportunities to go abroad, and this is what I found: Global Health Initiative. This is the most helpful thing that I saw... there could be more. ?

Good luck again and I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to pop in and ask questions whenever you have them. I don't have many answers, personally, but chances are that somebody else in this group can help you out. These folks, to a person, have been invaluable for me. :thumbup:

Later
Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad you all had fun this weekend:)...thanks for reminding me that I need to mail in those health forms, and as for the profile, I think I nervously filled out some total nonsense way back two months ago--my interests are chinese films, maybe? Anyway, we should all just post links back to this forum. J/k.

I'm getting excited too, although still trying to savor these last few minutes of freedom--it occured to me on the drive in to my not-so-leisurely Monday that really, I have NO IDEA how big the change in my worldview is going to be, but if it's as huge as college was, over the first few months ten-ahem!-years ago, then it's going to be a wild ride.:lol:

I may have to work on Mondays, but I'm talking a nice relaxing half-day today and then going golfing. So I definately do not have a case of the Mondays either.

Looks like a beautiful day for it. Where are you going? Not that your answer to the question would mean anything to me. I've only golfed on one course in central Ohio, and that was Pheonix... and it was about two years ago. :D I decided to not go to bed last night, so I feel like I'm still on Sunday... and therefore at liberty to work (or not) like it's not a weekday!

Also, let me emphasize what Jess is saying. I've been lucky enough to meet up with both Jess and Chris, and so far our class is definately full of top notchers. So, if anyone out there is SDN land can make it to the May 25 icebreaker, please make the trek. If you have any questions about the 25th you can PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

Awww shucks, you guys. Well, I think you're both pretty swell, too. Not just a lot of fun (you are both far better conversationalists than myself) but seem to be genuinely good people. Now, before we break out into an acapella version of kumbaya, and hold hands around a bonfire, I'll move on... I mean, we gotta save something for the 25th, right?

Jess, you could always not write anything for the profile and be "mysterious".

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to write. When in doubt I tend to go for humor, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to be serious... ? Now, I wish I would have paid more attention to the 'yearbooks' they showed us at the interview...

Chris, now I have to buy the first round after the free drinks on Saturday night, thanks again.

Boonshoft out

No problem, man. It was my pleasure to have you guys in there to hang out. As I told Jessica, my extended family (uncle by marriage only, and then divorced... so very extended) just bought the bar and he took care of everything. So, no thanks/repayment necessary... it's all new to him so he enjoys doing that stuff every once in a while. Kind of a perk of the business, I guess. Actually, he was the one that had me keep taking shots to the table. :D He had one of the bartenders make another round after the others, but by that time a couple people were drinking water, so I waved them off...

Chris, we're going to have to trade signature shotsndrinks, since I have a few from my THANKGODINTHEPAST bartending days. Everyone, favorite beverage of choice?

Chris, we're going to have to trade signature shotsndrinks, since I have a few from my THANKGODINTHEPAST bartending days. Everyone, favorite beverage of choice?

I'm sure that you have FAR more experience than I do. I've only bartended a handful of times, at this point. I've never had any training or anything. I was just thrown behind the bar because they needed somebody to do it, and now I fill in whenever one of the girls (always better for business to have a woman behind the bar) calls off. So, I don't have any signature drinks... yet. But, you know how that goes; every bar has a certain clientele that prefers certain drinks. Right now, I'd say that Washington Apples are "go to" shot for a number of our customers... nothing special.

Beverage of choice? I'd have to go with a 7 & 7. Again, nothing special. There are probably other, more complicated drinks that I like, but at the end of the day I'll take a simple drink like a 7 & 7, Whiskey (any) and Cola (any), Rum and Cola, etc.

wow, sounds like you guys had an awesome time! :thumbup:

I feel out of the loop....anxious to meet everyone. Thanks for sending me your number, Jess! I am in Cleveland right now, but unfortunately could not make it down over the weekend. I don't think I will be able to meet anyone before June 16ish.

Anyway, my email says that Kate and Jessica wrote on my facebook wall, but the cleveland clinic wont let me check facebook, so I will read your comments later.

Yea, health forms :rolleyes: ....too much paper work.

P.S. Let me say welcome to the new SDners/future classmates:thumbup:

cheers

I get made fun of by my guy friends for liking martinis, lol. But hey, James Bond drinks martinis :laugh:

Glad you all had fun this weekend:)...thanks for reminding me that I need to mail in those health forms, and as for the profile, I think I nervously filled out some total nonsense way back two months ago--my interests are chinese films, maybe? Anyway, we should all just post links back to this forum. J/k.

I'm getting excited too, although still trying to savor these last few minutes of freedom--it occured to me on the drive in to my not-so-leisurely Monday that really, I have NO IDEA how big the change in my worldview is going to be, but if it's as huge as college was, over the first few months ten-ahem!-years ago, then it's going to be a wild ride.:lol:

I'm stoked about the whole thing, and I'm going into it as confidently as possible, but you're right - I don't think I can fully appreciate the impending change/impact in my life until I actually get there. Freshman year of undergrad absolutely blew my mind, and now here I am again. It's crazy how you can obsess over something so much, and yet there is constant uncertainty regarding what lies ahead.

I get made fun of by my guy friends for liking martinis, lol. But hey, James Bond drinks martinis :laugh:

Yeah, I noticed you were holding one in your facebook picture. No laughter here... they're not my thing, but they definitely have their place. As long as you steer clear of the Chocotini, Appletini, etc., then I think you're OK. Even then, who gives a damn... drink what you like! That said, I'd probably give you a little grief over it, too. I mean, if you can't give your friends a hard time now and then, then life just isn't worth living... In turn, you can make fun of my pink shirts. So, everybody's happy... errr, or self-conscious... I guess it all depends on how thin-skinned you are. :laugh:

Yeah, I noticed you were holding one in your facebook picture. No laughter here... they're not my thing, but they definitely have their place. As long as you steer clear of the Chocotini, Appletini, etc., then I think you're OK. Even then, who gives a damn... drink what you like! That said, I'd probably give you a little grief over it, too. I mean, if you can't give your friends a hard time now and then, then life just isn't worth living... In turn, you can make fun of my pink shirts. So, everybody's happy... errr, or self-conscious... I guess it all depends on how thin-skinned you are. :laugh:

haha, no appletini for me. I do like the dirty(?) martini....vermouth with olives. With that said, I dont drink them much at all cause they cost an arm and a leg. A cold beer is the usual choice (mixed in with a cheap long island now and then).

hey, it takes balls to drink a martini in public or wear a pink shirt. And drinking a martini while wearing a pink shirt....well, I'll leave that one for someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure that you have FAR more experience than I do. I've only bartended a handful of times, at this point. I've never had any training or anything. I was just thrown behind the bar because they needed somebody to do it, and now I fill in whenever one of the girls (always better for business to have a woman behind the bar) calls off. So, I don't have any signature drinks... yet. But, you know how that goes; every bar has a certain clientele that prefers certain drinks. Right now, I'd say that Washington Apples are "go to" shot for a number of our customers... nothing special.

Beverage of choice? I'd have to go with a 7 & 7. Again, nothing special. There are probably other, more complicated drinks that I like, but at the end of the day I'll take a simple drink like a 7 & 7, Whiskey (any) and Cola (any), Rum and Cola, etc.

Excellent! A man after my own heart....I could drink Crown or 7 and club soda all night long. My friends used to make fun of my whiskey tastes, because at a predominantly female undergrad the pendulum swings more towards candy or fruit flavored horrors with mixers stolen from the juice fridge at the dining hall. Give me my dark liquors and leave the OJ at the door....

I have a personal shot called a Saturday Night Smoothie--which doesn't have whiskey in it but was the most popular after-dinner cocktail at my old bar. Let's just say it's the best part of ice cream, and I'll make it for you all pronto. After our first dinner club meeting...lol.

Yes, yes he does...and a dry, slightly dirty martini up can be a beautiful, beautiful thing.

You show me a dirty vodka (preferably Grey Goose) martini, relaxing ambient music, and a handful of people providing good conversation; and I'll show you my idea of a perfect night.

hey guys, its the other jessica here...

first, it took forever to get through all of this! i never checked sdn until now because i just cant stand those "well i scored a 42 and have a 4.0, do you think ill get in anywhere?" people...

anyway, i currently live in chicago so it doesnt look like i will make it to any of the get togethers in june since i plan on staying out of the dayton area for as long as possible;) i also dont envy any of you who are apartment hunting. i will be living at my parents' about 6 miles away (though, ill be taking over-unders on how long it takes before i cant take my mother's nagging), but if you want some advice on areas/towns, let me know.

in response to some of the above posts that i skimmed through, i like to run as stress relief; if anyone else is looking for a running partner let me know!

Divine...great to hear there is a whiskey drinker among the new classmates...it took me awhile to get a taste for it, because i used to be a rum drinker, but now i like a fine whiskey (makers...also enjoy jim beam)...cant wait to meet all of you guys...we should start writing down where we are living next year....im looking at apartments off of zink road, which is right near campus (possibly charter woods, university woods?)

Divine...great to hear there is a whiskey drinker among the new classmates...it took me awhile to get a taste for it, because i used to be a rum drinker, but now i like a fine whiskey (makers...also enjoy jim beam)...cant wait to meet all of you guys...we should start writing down where we are living next year....im looking at apartments off of zink road, which is right near campus (possibly charter woods, university woods?)

Oooo, Maker's on the rocks....mmmm... you know from all this one might assume we're all big drinkers, but I think we need, as a generation of med students, to redeem drinking as a sophisticated pasttime, especially if it's Bondesque martinis or whiskey.

I'll write down where I'm living as soon as I write my name on the lease. :)

And hi, Jessica 2.0--nice to meet you. As a new medical student, I invite you to take pleasure with me in going BACK into the pre-allopathic forums and slamming all those 4.0/42T's "my anxiety is so high my father who is also a doctor is prescribing lorazepam" trolls. Maybe it's childish, but those posts used to make me feel fairly lousy, and just having the tagline "WSUSOM 2011!" is sweetly vengeful.

AH! Heath forms? Profiles?

oops! I knew having my mail forwarded to my totally sketch place in San Francisco was not a good idea. Grrrr! More things to track down. Can anyone tell me what health forms and profile you are speaking of? So far all I know is I keeping getting random emails to my wings account.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that people are already meeting up and getting along:) I'm still in San Francisco and am going to be in DC this summer doing an internship so I don't think I would get to meet any of you until classes start or so, but its nice to know there are some personable people in the class.

By the way, is there any sort of orientation or anything? When do classes start? Obviously I am way too out of the loop. It's the procrastinating about making a decision :( .

***on the side: The grad school/med school thing (I forget who asked)....well, I'm interested in immigrant/international healthcare so I'd be headed toward medical anthropology focused on Middle Eastern and South Asian populations. I've done some work abroad already in Mexico, India and in Japan and I guess I am not sure whether I want to come at these problems from a clinical or a policy standpoint. sorry, long explanation to a short question:p

oh and divine...i'm also into the chinese films...Red Sorgum, Raise the Red Lantern, Hibiscus Town (my favorite)! :D

Hi all. So, I guess I make Jessica #3. I have finally been rejected from my hometown school, so I am 90% sure I will end up at WSU. I have one waitlist that will make it a tough decision should I get a spot, but I am liking the sound of WSU more and more. The most difficult decision is figuring out what is best for my family. I have two adorable sons who are really misbehaving this evening.:eek:

But for now, I'm in for the pre-matriculation program. My all time favorite drink is Jack & Coke. I can't find my immunization records from decades ago. I'm trying to wrap up things at work and get my house ready to sell. I'm nervous about making such a big change, but also excited. And, I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

HOLY CRAP!! i havent checked this forum for 1 day and its already almost on the 7th page...we rock the allopathic forum! ...please slow down, i got a 7 on verbal...im retarted when it comes to reading quickly:laugh: ...just kidding, but not really

I would just like to say chris, that if you didnt say your fav drink was 7 and 7...id say it was the Washington Apple drink...hahah Thanks for getting me trashed...i took the back roads home (j/k). :eek:

So, i see that there are more than just me named Jessica...go figure...its only the best name in the world. HA HA SO, lets see...what else can I be called? JJ, Johnson (oh, thats my last name...haha)(real fun with the guys), or goggle-girl...works.

Jessica Z...we can totally call you J.Z.!! awesome!!! hahahaha...good thing you don't look like him! I Love to run run run run run run...ill run with you!:thumbup:

JOsh, im in for the 25th...im pumped to meet up with you guys again. and my fav drink is tequila...but everyone knows that already.

:) :) :) :) to all the new joined Boonies...find me on facebook!! Im Jessica J. and on the Malone college network...and then you can find everyone else and get in on the facebook convos!:) :) :)

the forms are available online on the admitted students page, which dr carlson should have emailed to you. youll need immunization records, a physical, etc. not too bad. on there, you can also find inforation on convocation, orientation, etc, which starts on july 29th i think (sunday).

AH! Heath forms? Profiles?

oops! I knew having my mail forwarded to my totally sketch place in San Francisco was not a good idea. Grrrr! More things to track down. Can anyone tell me what health forms and profile you are speaking of? So far all I know is I keeping getting random emails to my wings account.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that people are already meeting up and getting along:) I'm still in San Francisco and am going to be in DC this summer doing an internship so I don't think I would get to meet any of you until classes start or so, but its nice to know there are some personable people in the class.

By the way, is there any sort of orientation or anything? When do classes start? Obviously I am way too out of the loop. It's the procrastinating about making a decision :( .

***on the side: The grad school/med school thing (I forget who asked)....well, I'm interested in immigrant/international healthcare so I'd be headed toward medical anthropology focused on Middle Eastern and South Asian populations. I've done some work abroad already in Mexico, India and in Japan and I guess I am not sure whether I want to come at these problems from a clinical or a policy standpoint. sorry, long explanation to a short question:p

Excellent answer....and this forum is for the long explanations. I'd love to hear more about this and I'm sure we will, at orientation.

To get myself into trouble again by exposing WSU's deepest secrets, nomad, follow the link:

http://med.wright.edu/welcome

username: wrightstate
password: 2011

The page is badly organized, and whoever they hired to write it decided to use static text instead of clickable links, but all of the links at left should give you a better idea of what forms are due when, etc.

jj, whatever it is you're smoking, please, share with the group in the future....because it seems like pure energy! lol.

Jessica #3, or "Jay-Z" because of course that's the last nickname on earth you would expect to have, so it's perfect--nice to meet you! I run occasionally and would be happy to hit some trails.

And nomad, "Raise the Red Lantern" was probably the first Chinese film I saw in college, which started my whole interest in Asian film...followed closely by "The Pillow Book"...Wong Kar Wai is absolutely one of my favorite directors....but favorite film in the genre is "2046" followed closely by "Days of Being Wild." We're going to have to watch together, since I haven't seen "Hibiscus Town."

jj, whatever it is you're smoking, please, share with the group in the future....because it seems like pure energy! lol.

Wait til you meet her! :D

Don't get me wrong... it's a very refreshing/endearing energy. I wish that I still got that excited about, well, anything.

It looks like I'm going to be at Charter Woods. It's nice, but fairly expensive; $580 + utilities/month for a 570sq ft 1Br/1Ba. However, it's close enough that I could bike to class in the event that my car breaks down... which is likely to happen on any given day. :D Plus, with gas as expensive as it is, paying an extra $50/month to live close to campus is worth it...

Hi all. So, I guess I make Jessica #3. I have finally been rejected from my hometown school, so I am 90% sure I will end up at WSU. I have one waitlist that will make it a tough decision should I get a spot, but I am liking the sound of WSU more and more. The most difficult decision is figuring out what is best for my family. I have two adorable sons who are really misbehaving this evening.:eek:

But for now, I'm in for the pre-matriculation program. My all time favorite drink is Jack & Coke. I can't find my immunization records from decades ago. I'm trying to wrap up things at work and get my house ready to sell. I'm nervous about making such a big change, but also excited. And, I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey Jessica #3! Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about the hometown school rejection... I know that's tough. I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through this whole process with a family, especially if it means picking everything up and moving to a new town. It's hard enough when you are single and have basically nobody but yourself to think about. So, hey, props to you!

Anyways, Congrats on the acceptance to WSU!

wow, so much to read through in less than 24 hours!

so fyi, to keep the jessica's straight:
i'm jessica z and #2
jessica j is #1
and jessica #3 has two boys

confusing enough? :)

and i cant say that you won the creativity points with the nickname there, jj... haha

ill be living in the hippie commune otherwise known as yellow springs, which is right down dayton-yellow springs road. if you are looking for a very liberal, green town, im pretty sure its the only one in the midwest;) in all seriousness, its not the most happening place in the world, but there are some affordable apartments/shares, and its definitely very cute. of course, im a little biased.

as for favorite drinks, im partial to stouts and porters. if it must be a mixed drink, im right there on the dirty martini with ya, eli!

wow, so much to read through in less than 24 hours!

so fyi, to keep the jessica's straight:
i'm jessica z and #2
jessica j is #1
and jessica #3 has two boys

confusing enough? :)

and i cant say that you won the creativity points with the nickname there, jj... haha

ill be living in the hippie commune otherwise known as yellow springs, which is right down dayton-yellow springs road. if you are looking for a very liberal, green town, im pretty sure its the only one in the midwest;) in all seriousness, its not the most happening place in the world, but there are some affordable apartments/shares, and its definitely very cute. of course, im a little biased.

as for favorite drinks, im partial to stouts and porters. if it must be a mixed drink, im right there on the dirty martini with ya, eli!

Oh lord, I give up right now. To think I'd never really known a Jessica before this medical school thing.

Yellow Springs, if I can add my two cents, absolutely rules. Between there and the Front Street coffee shop and the Pink Floyd Laser show at the planetarium....that was HS in Ohio for me. lol. Sigh, welcome back to Dayton.

Have you had a caramel porter? Saranac makes them, or did recently, and it's worth it.

Jessica #3, or "Jay-Z" because of course that's the last nickname on earth you would expect to have

lol...my energy...it wanes for sure. Today is not a 'rainbow day'...thats what i call the days i feel great and everything is perfect. Today is NOT :mad: a 'rainbow day'....yes it is cheesy and little on the 3-year old side...but oh well. :laugh:

today...i found out I am not going to officer training this summer and i have to go next summer. But...it can be a good thing b/c i can meet more of the class this whole summer and go to the beach. I was so dissapointed b/c i got all psyched up for it and they let me down:( alright, enough of that...i went and ran my little heart out and i have no more energy to be mad!!!:eek:

If anyone has been on facebook and seen josh's (polo) idea for shirts...HAHAH...they are dark blue and they say BOONIES in all caps on the front. IT was either Chris' (OUCHRIS) or Kate's (divine) idea to put nick names on the back.

So....since I know JZ isnt that unique..itd be good b/c then i could be JJ and then no one would get us confused...but they won't anyways. BTW...I was CRACKING up when i thought of that nickname...too bad you are so right that i probably wasnt creative at all....hahaha:laugh:

josh, im already ready for the 25th...i need drinks and good food, where are you taking us?

:biglove: i saw this and laughed again...its caption reads BIGLOVE. hahaha its to all my boonies out there

another BTW:....financial aid...does it even exist for WSU?

Hey JJ, Sorry to hear you are not going this summer. But you are right, now you can hang out with all of us instead :thumbup:

And a :thumbup: to JZ for likin dirty martinis.....now if I could only get a guy on board I would be set.

another BTW:....financial aid...does it even exist for WSU?

My friend at the medical school said that July is when we find out about financial aid, which is also what the guy said when I called the financial aid office. Pretty ****ty.

My friend at the medical school said that July is when we find out about financial aid, which is also what the guy said when I called the financial aid office. Pretty ****ty.

What?? JULY! ::hungover:ies from anxious waiting:: Oh well, I suppose it makes sense to go get an apartment in June that I'll find out a month later I can't really afford. lol. To quote the allopathic boards: "What's another 10,000$"?

What?? JULY! ::hungover:ies from anxious waiting:: Oh well, I suppose it makes sense to go get an apartment in June that I'll find out a month later I can't really afford. lol. To quote the allopathic boards: "What's another 10,000$"?

Really! July?! So much for financial planning/budgeting... I wonder what that means for the laptop aid, which, I guess I never really understood in the first place... I mean, is it going to be available early enough to enter the program with a new laptop? If not, I won't have a computer until its available.:eek: Looks like I need to call WSU and get some answers...

Really! July?! So much for financial planning/budgeting... I wonder what that means for the laptop aid, which, I guess I never really understood in the first place... I mean, is it going to be available early enough to enter the program with a new laptop? If not, I won't have a computer until its available.:eek: Looks like I need to call WSU and get some answers...

Go forth and conquer, and then let us know stat. :cool:

Hey JJ, Sorry to hear you are not going this summer. But you are right, now you can hang out with all of us instead :thumbup:

And a :thumbup: to JZ for likin dirty martinis.....now if I could only get a guy on board I would be set.

Bummer to hear that your not going to COT JJ, especially after you did seem really excited about it. But, now look at the bright side, you can spend the summer getting to know all of the cool boonies (or C Boons). You'll have to excuse me, as all my classmates will eventually find out I abbreviate everything.

Eli, look no further, my Uncle turned me on to Dirty GG martini's a few years back, and I haven't found anything to challenge it's dominance in the realm of "Weekend lounge chill beverage".

Here's a question for all the dirty drinkers. Where was the best dirty you have every had? Personally, it was the Mix at Mandalay Bay. The perfect combination of brine and vermouth. Not too sharp, not too salty, I tipped the bartender a 20 on the spot and told him that I had never had a better one.

Lastly, for those of you that are not on facebook I'll post the class T-shirt ideas that we have been kicking around. Feel free to make changes/comments.

The original---> http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=evans.161%40wright.edu&F=classtname

Another design for fans of the "Trust me..." ---> http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=evans.161%40wright.edu&F=trustme

Well the best dirty I ever had was in my own living room, lol. If I make you one, polo, can I have 20$?

And I still send my vote in for the classic...but you know what's inevitable? A boonie "gunner" t-shirt. AK-47 required. If my java wasn't broken at work, I'd make one for S&G, speaking of abbreviations.

My vote is for the classic...but I would throw an "M.D." somewhere on the back, lol.

I have yet to have a perfect martini. I am traveling starting Monday and will be in vegas by next weekend! Josh, is the Mix bar still open? Do you know of any other cool places to hit in vegas.

My vote is for the classic...but I would throw an "M.D." somewhere on the back, lol.

I have yet to have a perfect martini. I am traveling starting Monday and will be in vegas by next weekend! Josh, is the Mix bar still open? Do you know of any other cool places to hit in vegas.

I've only been to Vegas once, and I'm thinking about heading back before school starts up. There's really so much there that it's hard to name any one particular place to visit. Seriously, there's been books written about how to "do Vegas" perfectly... where to go, in what order, and at what time of day/night. If it's the first time you have ever been there, the best thing to do is just try to see everything. You can spend 2-3 days just walking through each hotel/casino and looking at everything. A couple friends and I did just that... had a drink in every bar and made a few bets at every sportsbook. The Mix is still open, and Mandalay probably has the best sportsbook.

I'm not much of a gambler, and even I had a good time in Vegas.

i dont really like martinis...so um, i guess i just don't like it dirty...:eek: ahhh!! ...i didnt just say that...ha

josh, i really like the basic blue and stuff...haha itll be funny to add M.D. on the back after all of our nicknames...haha J.J. M.D. someone will think i went acronym mad.

BTW...i didnt even know that Boonie was an actual word...if that is what we all are, then we might fail medical school. Good thing we arent actually funcational alcoholics. However, on the other hand...that kind of describes a lot of actual stressed out docs....frightening!:scared:

josh...im gonna keep harassing you...pick a place yet?

I've only been to Vegas once, and I'm thinking about heading back before school starts up. There's really so much there that it's hard to name any one particular place to visit. Seriously, there's been books written about how to "do Vegas" perfectly... where to go, in what order, and at what time of day/night. If it's the first time you have ever been there, the best thing to do is just try to see everything. You can spend 2-3 days just walking through each hotel/casino and looking at everything. A couple friends and I did just that... had a drink in every bar and made a few bets at every sportsbook. The Mix is still open, and Mandalay probably has the best sportsbook.

I'm not much of a gambler, and even I had a good time in Vegas.

Yea, I'm only there Thrusday night to sunday night, but since its my first time there I'm just gonna try to see as much as possible so that when I go back I will have a better idea of what to do.

josh...im gonna keep harassing you...pick a place yet?

Alright, how's this sound. Late dinner at Gordon Biersch. Depending on how we feel after dinner, we can head to O'Shaughessy's (more of a sit/chill/talk place) for drinks, or Frog Bear Wild Boar (louder/more of a college atmosphere bar).

Good?

Alright, how's this sound. Late dinner at Gordon Biersch. Depending on how we feel after dinner, we can head to O'Shaughessy's (more of a sit/chill/talk place) for drinks, or Frog Bear Wild Boar (louder/more of a college atmosphere bar).

Good?

Sounds good to me...Gordon Beiersch has some great food and good beer. If the weather is nice, there is no shortage of bars in the area that we could walk to after dinner. Both Frog Bear and O'Shaughnessy's are cool places, but there's also Bar Louie, Lodge Bar, etc. Sugar and Spice are close, too... but may not be the atmosphere that we are looking for. In any case, it should be fun!!

Good?

im sorry but did you forget that im poor??

but seriously...the place looks so fun. I LOVE going to new places to try out. And..ive never been to any of those bars. Nice job josh, that looks GREAT! ok, i just gotta make sure i have the evening off and im ready to have fun! :D

yay....im so excited!

Chick-a Chick-a Bow Wow

It's unacceptable for this to be off the first page.

JJ: We po' folk might have to split an appetizer or something. :laugh:

Go forth and conquer, and then let us know stat. :cool:

According to the financial aid guru, Tussel, "students are not eligible to receive financial aid until they matriculate {July 30, 2007}, so, the computer allowance would not be available before the first week of classes."

Bummer :thumbdown:

According to the financial aid guru, Tussel, "students are not eligible to receive financial aid until they matriculate {July 30, 2007}, so, the computer allowance would not be available before the first week of classes."

Bummer :thumbdown:

Thanks, Chirs. Though there is a difference between being awarded a financial aid package, and actaully receiving the money. Tussel seemed to have trouble understanding that on the phone with me. So while the money would not be available before the first week of classes, when do we find out about the type of aid we will be awarded?