wow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasmineH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you can get into any of the dental schools with a 2.anything! That gives me hope. I personnally don't care where I go as long as I get a license to practice. I live in Stockton so UOP is definitely a choice for me. Does anyone know how many actually get accepted without completeing a bachelors degree? And what kind of volunteer work can you do for dental school, besides shadowing a dentist?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, very few people get accepted with below a 3.0. Second, only about 3-5% of each class did not receive a degree. I am not trying to discourage you, just stay in school, get your degree, do well on the DAT, raise your GPA, and you will get in somewhere.

People who get in without a degree are usually those who have excelled in college. So, if you don't have too high of a GPA, it really is better to get your degree.

If there are any dental related volunteering available (shadowing is not really volunteering), that would probably be the best because it's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Dental schools, some in particular, like to see that you truly care about your community. So, it doesn't have to be dental related. I would recommend that you do something that you would enjoy and stick with it for a long time.