Wow I cant believe this just happened.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WKhan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I decided to skim my TMDSAS application as I was trying to print it out and I noticed that the last word of my personal statement was cut off!

I seriously cant believe that this just happened.

I checked the character count for my personal statement a good 15x. When I put it in the box to submit, it was 5 characters over so I took out a word so that it would meet the 5000 character requirement. I even read it 2-3 times after this to make sure everything was okay.

So what does this mean for me? I feel like this looks so bad.

GPA: Science-4.0, Non-science-4.0
DAT: AA-22, TS-24, PAT-29

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I think the dental schools will appreciate the fact that you've given them a sort of personal statement Mad Lib.

"Finally, I feel like I am most qualified to be a dentist because of the fact that I'm extremely _________."

They get to write in their own answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahah it's okay! My AADSAS PS had an error in it. Instead of "we," it said "er" ...What in the world is "ER"!? LOL. Regardless, I still have a couple of interviews :) Don't sweat it.

Personally I think the dental schools will appreciate the fact that you've given them a sort of personal statement Mad Lib.

"Finally, I feel like I am most qualified to be a dentist because of the fact that I'm extremely _________."

They get to write in their own answer.

lol, if I knew that's what they wanted my PS would read like:

I was first introduced to dentistry by Dr. Johnson when I was a ______. My _____ needed a:thumbdown: ____ and the doctor was so _____ and _____ that it made me really ______. I became ____ in what he did and I aspire to ____ people like he did for me that day.

lol, if I knew that's what they wanted my PS would read like:

I was first introduced to dentistry by Dr. Johnson when I was a ______. My _____ needed a:thumbdown: ____ and the doctor was so _____ and _____ that it made me really ______. I became ____ in what he did and I aspire to ____ people like he did for me that day.

Then of course, since it's a Mad Lib, I (the adcom person) would fill it in as follows:

I was first introduced to dentistry by Dr. Johnson when I was a dinosaur. My butt needed a:thumbdown: karate kick and the doctor was so stinky and ugly that it made me really stupid. I became narcoleptic in what he did and I aspire to attack people like he did for me that day.

Then of course, since it's a Mad Lib, I (the adcom person) would fill it in as follows:

I was first introduced to dentistry by Dr. Johnson when I was a dinosaur. My butt needed a:thumbdown: karate kick and the doctor was so stinky and ugly that it made me really stupid. I became narcoleptic in what he did and I aspire to attack people like he did for me that day.

rofl :laugh:

if i was an adcom i would switch words in the personal statement and ask people about it in their interviews..

You said you are crazy and spawned from the devil here in your personal statement. Could you please elaborate?

Last edited:
Something is definitely wrong with the TMDSAS word-counting. I was exactly at 2497 characters for one of my optional essays, and I just checked it and part of my last word is cut off. My last word was "after" and it now says "aft"... Annoying.

Same happened to me!:(

haha I'm a lot more calm about this whole thing now. My cousin told me to tell them that I wanted to leave them thinking about it like inception lol.

Idk.. i hope it all goes well anyway.

And yeah maybe it was a computer glitch because i checked it to make sure it was 5000 characters exactly. But idk what happened. Oh well. San Antonio interview is in 3 days! I'm getting nervous!