Why are most criminals men?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HistoRocks

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it simply the hormones?

Members don't see this ad.

HistoRocks said:

It's because men are, plainly put, the cause of all misery:

MENtal illness

MENstrual cramps

MENtal breakdown

MENopause

GUYnocologist (too bad it's not spelled that way)

and when we have real trouble it's a...

HISterectomy

:laugh: :laugh: :D
oh jeez... can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :love: :p :D

Members don't see this ad :)
its probably some animal instict they have.... like one of those vestigial traits or something. nevermind.

then again is it true that most criminals are men? i've never wondered...until now.

just curious, what made you ask that question?

saffronrain said:
its probably some animal instict they have.... like one of those vestigial traits or something. nevermind.

then again is it true that most criminals are men? i've never wondered...until now.

just curious, what made you ask that question?

Lot of news reports recently about assaults/murders pertaining to small children. In one case, the victim was a 5 yr old girl. I understand that in the last instance, the perpetrator was himself a victim of child abuse. Still...

It is true that most criminals are men. Especially when it comes to violent crimes.

HistoRocks said:
It is true that most criminals are men. Especially when it comes to violent crimes.

becuase the women don't ever get caught. It'ss that simple, they're actually much more cunning than men. Or maybe I'm just really paranoid around women.

ya!TB u r right!girls r more manupulative & smarter (well thatz what they think!!) :laugh: :smuggrin: no wonder they seldom get caught!!!! :laugh: :smuggrin:

TB15 said:
becuase the women don't ever get caught. It'ss that simple, they're actually much more cunning than men. Or maybe I'm just really paranoid around women.

women usually get someone elso to do it...or get an accomplice....don't get caught themselves........becoz they plan it out; rather than....an aggressive attack

ya,usually men r the accomplices& they r the bakras! ;) smart thinking eh!
hopeful05 said:
women usually get someone elso to do it...or get an accomplice....don't get caught themselves........becoz they plan it out; rather than....an aggressive attack

HistoRocks said:

Funny you should ask this. In fact, women in the western world (I would guess the precent is even higher elsewhere) are the no1 source of child murders. The reality is women lack the ability to commit most violent unless the victim has little to no chance of fighting back. So its not a man or woman thing, its everyone who is going to Hell.

LADoc00 said:
Funny you should ask this. In fact, women in the western world (I would guess the precent is even higher elsewhere) are the no1 source of child murders. The reality is women lack the ability to commit most violent unless the victim has little to no chance of fighting back. So its not a man or woman thing, its everyone who is going to Hell.

I think you have your statistics mixed up. Or else I assume you're referring to abortion, which is not a crime, by way of judicial law. I don't want to get into a debate on abortion here... as I know that ppl are unlikely to change their views, for whatever reason. So let me simply reaffirm my position that most violent crimes - including the deliberate murder of underage children and teenagers, are committed by men. I am willing to provide statistics, if you still dispute this.

Members don't see this ad :)
HistoRocks said:
I think you have your statistics mixed up. Or else I assume you're referring to abortion, which is not a crime, by way of judicial law. I don't want to get into a debate on abortion here... as I know that ppl are unlikely to change their views, for whatever reason. So let me simply reaffirm my position that most violent crimes - including the deliberate murder of underage children and teenagers, are committed by men. I am willing to provide statistics, if you still dispute this.

It is commonly known in the US at least (I CANNOT SPEAK TO INDIA PER SE) that over 55-60% of all pediatric homocides are done by WOMEN. The DOJ publishes the data yearly and if anything the % of female offenders is rising, not declining. During my time at an inner city forensics unit, infanticide by biological mothers especially single mothers was epidemic.

Sad but true statistic:
A single mother is 48 times more lethal to her own children than a firearm.

Wierd how people INVENT reality rather than observing it:
About 1300 child murders took place in the US last year. About 500 perpetrators were non-parents, roughly divided between men and women. Of the rest, only 30 (!) were fathers. In other words, mothers were more than 25 times more likely to kill their progeny than fathers. Yet somehow, men are viewed as being more dangerous to their children than women.

LADoc00 said:
It is commonly known in the US at least (I CANNOT SPEAK TO INDIA PER SE) that over 55-60% of all pediatric homocides are done by WOMEN. The DOJ publishes the data yearly and if anything the % of female offenders is rising, not declining. During my time at an inner city forensics unit, infanticide by biological mothers especially single mothers was epidemic.

Sad but true statistic:
A single mother is 48 times more lethal to her own children than a firearm.

I disagree. Read the following:

Homicide as a cause of pediatric mortality in the United States.

Jason J, Gilliland JC, Tyler CW Jr.

Homicide is a major cause of pediatric mortality. National law enforcement data were analyzed to characterize and differentiate neonaticide, infanticide, filicide, and overall child homicide. Results include the following: Neonaticides often involved parents or unidentified perpetrators and occurred proportionately more in rural areas than did other types of child homicide. Infanticide appeared to be one end of the spectrum of child homicide and not a distinct entity. Filicide rates were higher for sons than daughters and the crime was committed by more fathers than mothers. Overall child homicide predominately involved young male offenders who were acquaintances of the victim. At remarkably early ages, homicide characteristics began to resemble those of adult homicide. Further research in this area should attempt to gain detailed information concerning the child, his family, and their social network. Pediatricians should be actively involved in determining risk factors for child homicide and in screening children for risk when these factors are determined.

PMID: 6866604 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=6866604&dopt=Abstract

Cut it Histo

why don't you go commit a crime for a change :laugh:

Help the stats :laugh: :laugh:

it's all the fault of the Y gene we men have!
Those who have an anomalous XYY set are the most terrible criminals- that's a proven fact

DrGarfield said:
Those who have an anomalous XYY set are the most terrible criminals- that's a proven fact

Interesting

well thatz sumthing new to me!
DrGarfield said:

Chalk it up to another think we're better than y'all at. (And yes, I've always wanted to say y'all.)

hey just a small question to u Histo Rocks : are u seriously thinking about being a shrink? :p

allergic2morons said:
hey just a small question to u Histo Rocks : are u seriously thinking about being a shrink? :p

Well it has been suggested, but I don't have the patience. And also, ppl shouldn't pay others to listen to their problems? There is an old joke I used to make with friends: "hello, how do u do?" ($50) "Really, u musn't feel that way" ($100). "Thank you for visiting, see u next month. ($200). You get the idea.

HistoRocks said:
Well it has been suggested, but I don't have the patience. And also, ppl shouldn't pay others to listen to their problems? There is an old joke I used to make with friends: "hello, how do u do?" ($50) "Really, u musn't feel that way" ($100). "Thank you for visiting, see u next month. ($200). You get the idea.
:D
Have u read anything by Karl Gustav Jung?

allergic2morons said:
:D
Have u read anything by Karl Gustav Jung?

I have tried without much success. He's very difficult. Would need several months to understand his stuff. Are you a psychiatrist btw?

HistoRocks said:
I have tried without much success. He's very difficult. Would need several months to understand his stuff. Are you a psychiatrist btw?
:scared: no way boy but i love reading psychiatry. I finished "analysis of dreams" by Freud last year. My father recommended me to read jung thats it