Reasons why I should go back to US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
relapse...you make me laugh. no one has a problem with your point of view, its just immature state your points of view as facts. Yes there are alota problems in india but those problems can be taken in different ways. i know alot of people from the States who went back to india to settle down-because they liked india better and let me tell you somethign they went to their VILLAGES so you cant say they went to some big city bought some big cars and ignored the poverty around them. Some people settle back in india and HELP their country and last time i checked thats a pretty noble thing. Also you must take into account india is a developing country, yes there are problems now but they are improving. Lastly for you to judge the lifestyle/culture in india and call it less then the United States is stupid. Remember this too, ALOT of NRIs go back to india. They call it home cause they get a sense of peace at the end of the day there. its immature to call anyone elses point of view wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry multiple post... power went out and I kept hitting post...

Lol... this is one of the major reasons I can never live in India. POWER CUTS. Even money can't buy you freedom from those ;)

I have been having this funny thought in my mind. I am a US citizen and a second year MBBS student in India. When I came here I had to go through many hardships such as relatives' problems, hostel, and not finding stomach friendly food. Now my parents bought a house for me and I have a maid who does cooking, cleaning, and washing clothes and I feel very comfortable and at home living in India. At one point I think why go back to US if I can find comfortable life right here in India. My parents want me to finish MBBS, take USMLE and CSA and find a residency in US. Please help me in my decision making. At one point I think that I should go back because I used to dream about going back but at another point I think that I will have to work very hard if I go back to US. Please tell me all the good points about going back to US.:)

You won't need any help making that decision once you pass MBBS and try sitting for ur PG entrances in India.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is this jerk Shrang espousing his pseudo jingoistic Indian **** here. You ass hole if you like India so much, why dont you add your rotten **** to it.

That ****ed up country has been trying to develop for the last 7000 years & will keep developing for another 14000. In the meantime you will be dead!!!!!

Haha... It's funny how people come in here and bag on India... It's like going to a Lakers game in LA and booing the Lakers.... I don't really understand how you can expect people to like you for that... Bonran if you had read the whole thread, which from the looks of your post you haven't, you would see the reason why shanrg was so vehement in his reply to relapse... and granted some of his points so a little too patriotic... but after all this is the India forum... NOT the OHIO forum... so it is to be expected....

regarding your claims about India trying to develop... I suggest you pick up a newspaper and look at who the first state dinner was for under the new US Presidency... I doubt that would have happened had India not been an economic front runner in todays global economy... India is one of the fastest growing untapped global markets viable for commercial growth, evidenced by the fact that "most of the large American corporations are now present in India as foreign direct investors." <http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/indian-economy-to-reach-nine-percent-within-two-years-manmohan-singh_100279003.html> So my advice to you is, before you start spouting off absurd comments and opinions as facts here in the INDIA forum, you may want to research what you are talking about just a little bit more. This however does not detract from the myriad of problems that India does have... but hey what country is perfect....

on a totally different note.... H1N1..... in regards to power failures... yeah they are a pain... but Back up power inverters aren't too expensive here... so thats a solution... I just haven't really needed one since in Bangalore power outages aren't bad and don't run for longer than an hour usually... but hey if you are up north in Punjab then they are practically a necessity... especially in the summer...

Bonran:

Judging by your ignorance and intolerance, whatever country you feel you belong to has a long way to go before being considered civilized, let alone developed. But then again, there just can't be a country full of losers like you.

bonran....hhahahahaha ok. india has been trying to develop for the past 7000 years?-dude you obvsiously need to take a history lesson. cause india wasnt india until 1947, so more like 60 years? indias culture is 7000 years old(i guess thats also a negative about living there huh ;)?)and if i remember right america in 60 years was about in the same position as india right now so please study your history before you make such stupid comments. and as far as india having problems yea alota countries do but it doesnt mean its not a GOOD place to live in, infact its wonderful i didnt want to sound all spiritual or what not i was just giving back rreasons as to why someone wud want to stay there. Many people here think india has alota problems so one shudnt stay there cause looking them over and enjoying life there is a bad thing...but before somone accuses someone else of that let me remind you in a good portion of United States rural areas there is no doctor or any form of healthcare period. So is it right in your point of view to work in the big cities and not work in the rural areas wheres theres a drastic shortage of doctors and people are forced to go to faith healers and voodo people? Same goes in india, sure there is alot wrong, if you live there you can do something bout it if not you can also enjoy life and be just as successful.

Bonran....vet med...my sympathies. Enough said.

I feel the answer to the question of whether i should go back to US or continue living in India is very individualistic. It all depends on the asker ultimately. There are several pros of living in India, there are several cons of living in India. (I won't talk about US because I have never lived there). This ratio of pros & cons of living in India varies among the people living in here at different levels. But again, the answer is totally personal, the asker has to decide himself whether he wants to stay here or no and not ask anyone else for advice. It is about what he or she feels. Ultimately the asker has to decide.

Watchindia
http://bit.ly/7xvb1D

Yak, yak,yak, yak, yak.......India is great.....blah, blah,blah......we will stay in India & improve it. Lets talk more & do nothing. We are the spiritual people of India, happy & contented. Buddha is our brother & Rama is our father. Gandhi is the father of all. Jesus came to Kashmir to learn from us. We gave the world the Vedas & Yoga. Our biggest contribution to the world is ZERO which we have become today. We have 7000yrs of "culture" yet we take our dicks out & pee whenever & whereever we feel like (after all we are a true democracy). We also have the right to crap anywhere on the road & make the air reek of our fetid ****, take our snot out in public, fart, belch & scratch our groin itch in full public view. We Indian male (who dont have the balls to talk to a foreigner & basically have no personality resembling the human male) have a God given right to eve-tease, bottom pinch or rape any female walking anywhere in our country. Poor people need to be exploited-physically, mentally & sexually for our gratification. We are not responsible/accountable for anything we do. We are highly corrupt (to the extent that a multimillionare will not give 2 cents to a person who has not eaten for days & if he is a politician/administrator of any sort, he has a God given right to steal any public money at any time), blatant liars, nepotists, castists, cheats & have no basic idea of what morality is. We have no sense of hygiene or civic behaviour.

Yet we are Indians & have a 7000 yr old culture. We will hark back to the days of Harappa- Mohenjodar, to Chanderi, to Buddha & Asoka, to the Vedas & Aryans, look at Mahabharat & Ramayan to the Great Harsha & Pulkeisen, Chandragupta & Chanakya. Yes we are a great, spiritual people. We will sermonise to the whole world how we are right & they are wrong despite all evidence to the contrary.

This country's great scientific & technical institutes (like AIIMS, IITs, IIS) produce almost nothing original. The level of research being done in Universities is pathetic. It is no secret that most MD theses are plagiarized. They are houses for ragging & producing political goons. None of these institutes (even IIS-the highest ranked technical institute in India at 85 in the world) is ranked in the first 50 in the world. There are no Indian medical institutes ranked in the first 300 in the world. IIT Kharagpur (the great institute near Kooolkaaataa) is ranked in the low 80s in ENGINEERING. India's contribution to the world of scientific literature in all fields is <1% of all the papers published in International peer-reviewed journals. Please see: www.arwu.org

We are a booming economic power (not realizing that after 40 yrs of 2-3% Hindu growth, this is just rebalancing & realignment of the Economy vis-a-vis the World). We still have 400 million people who live below $1/day. We still have armies of malnourished, stunted children & prematurely aged adults 60yrs after our great independence. Our QLI indicators (CBR, MMR, IMR) are worse than countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka & even Maladives. Our literacy rate is SHAMEFUL. The rich are getting richer because of their political connections & the poor have to struggle all their lives to get a decent meal a day. Some even resort to eating out of garbage dumps (read Shirley McLaine's visit to India/Calcutta; or Kooolkaataa or whatever it is called today; back in the 70s) & bathing in highly toxic & polluted water bodies (see the Yamuna in Delhi/Agra). 1980 was the last year when I remember 24hrs municipal water supply in my "Metropolitan" city & 24 hrs electricity in summer. We have inflation at 7-15% (true inflation is close to 20%). Millions of meritorious people are not allowed to realize their dreams every year because of a great equalizing idea called RESERVATION which is contrary to any democratic principles. And to top it all, we breed like rats,live in filth & dont educate our kids & women. And we will burn our wives if they do not bring enough dowry with them in marriage (I am sure a lot of you, whether from North/South/Gujarat/Rajasthan/UP/Punjab/Bihar/Andhra/Tamil/Kannad/MP/Brahmin/Bania/Arora/Khatri/Sardar, will relate to this one as you participated in taking some form of dowry).

Yet because for the last few years because the economy is growing at 6-8% per year we think we are a great economic power........hahahahah. Lets see if the predictions for 2050 come true. 10 yrs of 8% growth dont make an economy great. There are Europe, China & the US palnning for 2100 already unlike this great country which is still stuck in 1920.

Its not for nothing that Kipling wrote of the "Seven Blind Men of Hindoostan" or Churchill called Indians incapable of governing themselves. Just ask anyone who lived under the British & yearned for "independence" if they would today like to beg the Brits to come back & rule India? You will get your answer. All Indians need a big stick shoved up their backsides to remind them to follow rules & daily beating to drill this into them. Otherwise they are the second most uncivic & unhygeinic peoples on this Earth (just behind other great countries like Liberia, Angola, Mozambique, Bangladesh & Haiti).

Mera Bharat Mahan. Shame on any so-called "PATRIOT" trying to hide these facts because of superficial things like Aishwarya Rais or some Indian winning Olympic Gold/Nobel prize (because he trained in a foreign country or under a foreign coach) or the lights & discotheques on Marine Drive.

SHAME ON INDIANS
SHAME ON THE GREAT INDIAN CULTURE
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD FOR DEFENDING THIS RUBBISH & HIDING THE TRUTH (WHAT MOSTLY HAPPENS IN INDIA)
FINALLY SHAME ON INDIA
I HAVE JUST CALLED A SPADE A SPADE.

Last edited:
Haha... It's funny how people come in here and bag on India... It's like going to a Lakers game in LA and booing the Lakers.... I don't really understand how you can expect people to like you for that... Bonran if you had read the whole thread, which from the looks of your post you haven't, you would see the reason why shanrg was so vehement in his reply to relapse... and granted some of his points so a little too patriotic... but after all this is the India forum... NOT the OHIO forum... so it is to be expected....

regarding your claims about India trying to develop... I suggest you pick up a newspaper and look at who the first state dinner was for under the new US Presidency... I doubt that would have happened had India not been an economic front runner in todays global economy... India is one of the fastest growing untapped global markets viable for commercial growth, evidenced by the fact that "most of the large American corporations are now present in India as foreign direct investors." <http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/indian-economy-to-reach-nine-percent-within-two-years-manmohan-singh_100279003.html> So my advice to you is, before you start spouting off absurd comments and opinions as facts here in the INDIA forum, you may want to research what you are talking about just a little bit more. This however does not detract from the myriad of problems that India does have... but hey what country is perfect....

on a totally different note.... H1N1..... in regards to power failures... yeah they are a pain... but Back up power inverters aren't too expensive here... so thats a solution... I just haven't really needed one since in Bangalore power outages aren't bad and don't run for longer than an hour usually... but hey if you are up north in Punjab then they are practically a necessity... especially in the summer...

hahaha, dggopal, you really surprise me. Your unadulterated lack of knowledge in simple geopolitics in the U.S. inviting India to the dinner takes me aback. Do you really think the U.S. is that stupid? Obama went to visit China, China didn't come to visit the U.S. He could have easily stopped by India. To calm India's stupid ego, they invited them.

Zing and shanrg, read the book I previouly recommended to gopal: The argumentative Indian by nobel prize winning laureate Amartya sen.

@ Bonran: Theres one major flaw in the facts that you have stated: There aren't 400 million living under a couple of dollars a day, theres twice that amount :rolleyes:
We can only tell the truth to everyone, for those that want to believe something else, let them make their own interpretation of it :laugh:

Mother india is a ***** and it needs to be infused with a high dose of sodium pentathol.

Only place in the world where the water you drink is corrupted, the salt you shake on food is corrupted, and the bread as well.

Haiti? Venezuela? Nigeria? those are MUCH better than the conditions in India. Please don't degrade those countries bonran!

All you people that speak of sanyasi's and yogi's and the vedas? Hinduism is DEAD. forget all the rabble that you hear and that your parents brainwash you with. This is the real deal. No BS. Get a life people. Read some books. Travel a little bit. Open your brain and learn instead of opening your mouth with bull****

Yak, yak,yak, yak, yak.......India is great.....blah, blah,blah......we will stay in India & improve it. Lets talk more & do nothing. We are the spiritual people of India, happy & contented. Buddha is our brother & Rama is our father. Gandhi is the father of all. Jesus came to Kashmir to learn from us. We gave the world the Vedas & Yoga. Our biggest contribution to the world is ZERO which we have become today. We have 7000yrs of "culture" yet we take our dicks out & pee whenever & whereever we feel like (after all we are a true democracy). We also have the right to crap anywhere on the road & make the air reek of our fetid ****, take our snot out in public, fart, belch & scratch our groin itch in full public view. We Indian male (who dont have the balls to talk to a foreigner & basically have no personality resembling the human male) have a God given right to eve-tease, bottom pinch or rape any female walking anywhere in our country. Poor people need to be exploited-physically, mentally & sexually for our gratification. We are not responsible/accountable for anything we do. We are highly corrupt (to the extent that a multimillionare will not give 2 cents to a person who has not eaten for days & if he is a politician/administrator of any sort, he has a God given right to steal any public money at any time), blatant liars, nepotists, castists, cheats & have no basic idea of what morality is. We have no sense of hygiene or civic behaviour.

Yet we are Indians & have a 7000 yr old culture. We will hark back to the days of Harappa- Mohenjodar, to Chanderi, to Buddha & Asoka, to the Vedas & Aryans, look at Mahabharat & Ramayan to the Great Harsha & Pulkeisen, Chandragupta & Chanakya. Yes we are a great, spiritual people. We will sermonise to the whole world how we are right & they are wrong despite all evidence to the contrary.

This country's great scientific & technical institutes (like AIIMS, IITs, IIS) produce almost nothing original. The level of research being done in Universities is pathetic. It is no secret that most MD theses are plagiarized. They are houses for ragging & producing political goons. None of these institutes (even IIS-the highest ranked technical institute in India at 85 in the world) is ranked in the first 50 in the world. There are no Indian medical institutes ranked in the first 300 in the world. IIT Kharagpur (the great institute near Kooolkaaataa) is ranked in the low 80s in ENGINEERING. India's contribution to the world of scientific literature in all fields is <1% of all the papers published in International peer-reviewed journals. Please see: www.arwu.org

We are a booming economic power (not realizing that after 40 yrs of 2-3% Hindu growth, this is just rebalancing & realignment of the Economy vis-a-vis the World). We still have 400 million people who live below $1/day. We still have armies of malnourished, stunted children & prematurely aged adults 60yrs after our great independence. Our QLI indicators (CBR, MMR, IMR) are worse than countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka & even Maladives. Our literacy rate is SHAMEFUL. The rich are getting richer because of their political connections & the poor have to struggle all their lives to get a decent meal a day. Some even resort to eating out of garbage dumps (read Shirley McLaine's visit to India/Calcutta; or Kooolkaataa or whatever it is called today; back in the 70s) & bathing in highly toxic & polluted water bodies (see the Yamuna in Delhi/Agra). 1980 was the last year when I remember 24hrs municipal water supply in my "Metropolitan" city & 24 hrs electricity in summer. We have inflation at 7-15% (true inflation is close to 20%). Millions of meritorious people are not allowed to realize their dreams every year because of a great equalizing idea called RESERVATION which is contrary to any democratic principles. And to top it all, we breed like rats,live in filth & dont educate our kids & women. And we will burn our wives if they do not bring enough dowry with them in marriage (I am sure a lot of you, whether from North/South/Gujarat/Rajasthan/UP/Punjab/Bihar/Andhra/Tamil/Kannad/MP/Brahmin/Bania/Arora/Khatri/Sardar, will relate to this one as you participated in taking some form of dowry).

Yet because for the last few years because the economy is growing at 6-8% per year we think we are a great economic power........hahahahah. Lets see if the predictions for 2050 come true. 10 yrs of 8% growth dont make an economy great. There are Europe, China & the US palnning for 2100 already unlike this great country which is still stuck in 1920.

Its not for nothing that Kipling wrote of the "Seven Blind Men of Hindoostan" or Churchill called Indians incapable of governing themselves. Just ask anyone who lived under the British & yearned for "independence" if they would today like to beg the Brits to come back & rule India? You will get your answer. All Indians need a big stick shoved up their backsides to remind them to follow rules & daily beating to drill this into them. Otherwise they are the second most uncivic & unhygeinic peoples on this Earth (just behind other great countries like Liberia, Angola, Mozambique, Bangladesh & Haiti).

Mera Bharat Mahan. Shame on any so-called "PATRIOT" trying to hide these facts because of superficial things like Aishwarya Rais or some Indian winning Olympic Gold/Nobel prize (because he trained in a foreign country or under a foreign coach) or the lights & discotheques on Marine Drive.

SHAME ON INDIANS
SHAME ON THE GREAT INDIAN CULTURE
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD FOR DEFENDING THIS RUBBISH & HIDING THE TRUTH (WHAT MOSTLY HAPPENS IN INDIA)
FINALLY SHAME ON INDIA
I HAVE JUST CALLED A SPADE A SPADE.

:scared: wow. pure. unadulterated. truth. hard to digest.

nice job bonran. Your points are absolutely tack on. couple of additions are worth to point out:

India actually thinks it pollutes less than most of the DEVELOPED world: reason being that based on its population, per person, its much less than say the United States :D

India claims to have many records in publishing original research. Reason being that they say that if you copy from one person, its plagiarism, copy from many, its research.

Hindu: (noun) a person in which normalcy is defined as his ability to adapt to and accept corruption, rise above the ****holes surrounding him in every corner, preach what no man is able to understand, and finally to be a sanyasi, that roams the streets with no more than a shawl and a stick.

Just remember, moral of the story: "Seeek to parforrm yaar duty, but lay not claim to its fruits"

happy new year haha

The only thing I disagree with you is if you mean Hinduism (I dont know that term, it is a name given to the way of life of peoples beyond the Indus; somehow defined to be a religion which it is not) is the root cause of what goes on in India.

I do agree that Samatam (all encompassing) dharma (path to salvation) is dead. This is the way of life that people beyond the Indus (the so called Hindus) are supposed to develop, inculcate & follow through their lives. It ADVICES to encompass all that is good in all that is around you, to seive out the bad & then develop your own path to salvation. There are no Ayohtullas, Popes, Archbishops, Qurans, Bibles etc showing you the "correct path". There is no one who tells one that what he practices is wrong & a Fatwa be taken out to kill him/her for what he/she thinks, no Inquisitions/Jihads etc.

It is such an enlighted thought that a more refined & superior form of it-Buddhism has converted Billions to it without any Zulfikar or forced conversions/monetary inducements.

Unfortunately, this idea is too good for the jerks on this forum who have twisted "Hinduism" in the perverse manner it is practiced in India today.

Which is why, I dont hate India. I HATE INDIANS who inhabit India today....... they are a bunch of stupid half-literate jerks.

Seems like these great "Indian Patriots" & defenders of 'Indian culture" have shut up when confronted with the truth. They have shown the true mettle of this so called "culture" which is mostly hot air. None of its very proponents practice what they preach otherwise India would not be the s*h*i*t-hole it is.

There are a hundred other things I can write here why some honest, hardworking & result/merit-oriented person should not go back to India.

Seems like these great "Indian Patriots" & defenders of 'Indian culture" have shut up when confronted with the truth. They have shown the true mettle of this so called "culture" which is mostly hot air. None of its very proponents practice what they preach otherwise India would not be the s*h*i*t-hole it is.

There are a hundred other things I can write here why some honest, hardworking & result/merit-oriented person should not go back to India.

The best way to see Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.
Ben Franklin

The doors are open people, I don't see anyone there. Shrank, gopal, fuji masala? Where are you? Ah, still digesting....

This thread is being closed. I remind everyone (again) that these posts are meant to be constructive in supporting each other through medical / health professional education. These are NOT political forums and certainly NOT to insult cultures, whether those cultures exist in your own country or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.