Who is going to Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
grinningrice said:
Im jus kidding too, Im pretty well endowed for an asian girl as well.

HAHAHAHA!!!

i am during the 2nd week of my pill.
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

These conversations are getting pretty serious! :eek:

fruity_trident said:
HAHAHAHA!!!

i am during the 2nd week of my pill.
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe some people complained about my avatar :mad:

Anyways, I just got a housing package from Case along with the dress code that actually scares me :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
DDS2BE said:

Anyways, I just got a housing package from Case along with the dress code that actually scares me :scared:

DOn't worry about the dress code, it lasts a week then no one cares.

DDS2BE said:

Hey can you check to see if my housing sublease thing was in there?

everett_wu said:
Hey can you check to see if my housing sublease thing was in there?

Yes, your sub-lease offer was in the packet I recieved everett.

I can't believe how expensive the rents are for the majority of the apartments that were advertised in the package. ~ $1000 for 2 bedrooms and ~$1200 for 3 bedroom apartments on average.

everett_wu said:
DOn't worry about the dress code, it lasts a week then no one cares.

Ya, people such as myself even wore jeans to school for couple of days (before we had scrubs) because we have ran out of outfits to wear.

Also, in the letter it says to wear 'white color only' shoes....well, no one cared and everyone just wear regular (multicolor) running shoes.

The Musketeer said:
Ya, people such as myself even wore jeans to school for couple of days (before we had scrubs) because we have ran out of outfits to wear.

Also, in the letter it says to wear 'white color only' shoes....well, no one cared and everyone just wear regular (multicolor) running shoes.

I actually didn't notice any restrictions on shoes. During my interview, while two D3's were giving us a tour around Case, I've noticed a couple of dental students actually wearing jeans with running shoes multi-colored shirts :D Maybe one of them was U :rolleyes: :)

It might be.... :p

DDS2BE said:
I actually didn't notice any restrictions on shoes. During my interview, while two D3's were giving us a tour around Case, I've noticed a couple of dental students actually wearing jeans with running shoes multi-colored shirts :D Maybe one of them was U :rolleyes: :)

once again, Case never fails to impress me.

i got their confirmation letter from them (about receiving my deposit). they are so prompt.

props to Case! :D

Hey so I don't know if this helps me trying to sublease but I just wanted to let you guys know that my "neighbour" (The u is there on purpose) of my new home is actually moving out. I'm living at 3550 St.Albans, the guy beside me, I don't know the number, is moving out and so is the guy beside him. All are not because of anything strange , just different reasons like job relocation and what not. If you are worrying about security in that area I've found out a cop lives across the street. Anyway the houses there run approx 140k.

Good luck,
Everett

For those that don't know, each year of dental students has their own specific color of scrubs to identify your class. When the senior class graduates, the new incoming class inherits that color. I was talking with a third year dental student yesterday and he informed me that the 2009 class will be wearing light blue scrubs for the duration of our education at Case.

I was under impression that each class wears a certain color scrubs but the color changes each consequent year for the whole class. For example, freshmen wear dark green. Then once became sophomores they wear surgical blue and so forth.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if there are any cyclists in the class? I am contemplating on doing the MS 150 in August in Cleveland but have not decided yet. I have done the Houston to Austin one. It was fun.

FUTDR said:
Just wondering if there are any cyclists in the class? I am contemplating on doing the MS 150 in August in Cleveland but have not decided yet. I have done the Houston to Austin one. It was fun.

I wouldn't consider myself a cyclist but I love to ride my bike for long distances. I've done a couple hundred mile bike races and I once rode my bike from upstate New York to Washington DC. It was awesome. I've wanted to go on some more trips but I've had too many other things going on.

Nope, you will have the 'baby blue' scrubs for the entire 4 years.

DDS2BE said:
I was under impression that each class wears a certain color scrubs but the color changes each consequent year for the whole class. For example, freshmen wear dark green. Then once became sophomores they wear surgical blue and so forth.

FUTDR said:

I also wouldn't call myself a cyclist, but I tend to abuse my bike for 50-100 miles a week, I just use it for the workout. I like to eat, and biking lets me eat more.

wammmy said:
...I like to eat, and biking lets me eat more.

hahahaha...that's like me...when i go out and eat with my friends, they ask me "how do u do it"...i tell them i exercise so that i can eat more!!!

there are a few of us who think that way :clap

wammmy said:
I also wouldn't call myself a cyclist, but I tend to abuse my bike for 50-100 miles a week, I just use it for the workout. I like to eat, and biking lets me eat more.
I dont know how to ride a bicycle. I dont know what is wrong with me, but I have tried about a bajillion times and still dont know how.

grinningrice said:
I dont know how to ride a bicycle. I dont know what is wrong with me, but I have tried about a bajillion times and still dont know how.

bring on the trikie :D

grinningrice said:
My little girl has a big-wheel she is about to out-grow if you want I'll let you have it. However it might be less embarassing to just use tranning wheels. ;)

Cycling is a big thing in Texas. There is a cycling event every week. 13,000 people did the MS 150 from Houston to Austin this year. There might have been more people signing up if there was not a cap on how many people are riding in it for a good cause. I will have to see if there are any organized bike rides in Cleveland. Or , if anyone knows of some besides the MS 150, let me know.

wammmy said:

Just out of curiousity, what is the longest you have ridden at one time? 50 miles?

vasco said:
I wouldn't consider myself a cyclist but I love to ride my bike for long distances. I've done a couple hundred mile bike races and I once rode my bike from upstate New York to Washington DC. It was awesome. I've wanted to go on some more trips but I've had too many other things going on.

Pretty cool...NY to Dc is a long way. How many miles is that? Did you ride by yourself or in a group? I find riding long distance in a group is much easier because you can draft off of each other.

wammmy said:
My little girl has a big-wheel she is about to out-grow if you want I'll let you have it. However it might be less embarassing to just use tranning wheels. ;)
The sad thing is that I might be able to fit it, Im such a friggen midget(Im 5'2'). My roommate actually suggested training wheels, she said if I peddle fast enough people might not notice.

grinningrice said:
..........if I peddle fast enough people might not notice.

HAHAHAH i actually laughed OUT LOUD.

now my roomates think i'm insane :laugh:

Hi, I have a question about the Case Financial Aid Form. It asks me about how many credit hours am I going to take this fall. :confused: I don't know... do any of you know?? what should I write?? thx guys!!! :)

jjw1983 said:
Hi, I have a question about the Case Financial Aid Form. It asks me about how many credit hours am I going to take this fall. :confused: I don't know... do any of you know?? what should I write?? thx guys!!! :)

I put 24. Mrs. Sciulli, the financial advisor, said it does not make any difference as long as you put full time. According to her, their DMD program curriculum is undergoing some changes and our 2009 class will have different credit hours then for example 2008 class. Just put anything over 20 and you'll be all set :)

DDS2BE said:
I put 24. Mrs. Sciulli, the financial advisor, said it does not make any difference as long as you put full time. According to her, their DMD program curriculum is undergoing some changes and our 2009 class will have different credit hours then for example 2008 class. Just put anything over 20 and you'll be all set :)
thx DDS2BE!!! that is so helpful!! :love:

FUTDR said:
Pretty cool...NY to Dc is a long way. How many miles is that? Did you ride by yourself or in a group? I find riding long distance in a group is much easier because you can draft off of each other.

I did it in a group. There was about twenty of us. There is no way I could have done that by myself! The entire trip was around 700 miles and we did it in a week. We had three support vehicles carrying water and supplies and they also gave us a ride home. We did the trek in 7 days. Some days were tough on the legs (lots of hills) but it wasn't that bad overall. The support vehicles made it really easy for us because they basically mapped the entire way down for us.

I've also done a couple 50-mile canoe trips. In fact I did a fifty miler on the Guadalupe River outside of Austin. The other one was up in Maine. I found those trips to be very relaxing.

Texas is a sweet place...I wouldn’t mind ending up there some day.

Just was wondering if anybody has gotten a financial aid award yet? Does anyone know when they will go out for us? When I talked to Barbara, she said something about the end of April. Anyone else hear anything? :(

MarcoRamius said:
Just was wondering if anybody has gotten a financial aid award yet? Does anyone know when they will go out for us? When I talked to Barbara, she said something about the end of April. Anyone else hear anything? :(

I didn't hear anything yet, but interested to find out.

Btw, has anyone gotten any scholarship yet? I have :love: ... $150,000 worth of scholarships for all 4 years :D :luck: :D Alright... just kidding :p

MarcoRamius said:

When I was out in Cleveland I stopped and had a chat with Barbara. At that time she informed me that financial aid packages would be going out around July 1st.

Thanks for the info eric! :)

Hey guys, I just decieded that I am moving into the delt house this year. I was wondering, do you guys think it is worth it to get a meal plan. Is the food any good? Are the dining halls far from campus? Thanks

Welcome to the Delt house! I will be living at the house again next year so I will see you around when you move in. As of now, there will be another 1st year female student moving in so you will have some company.

Since we are grad students and living in a fraternity house, we do not get Case meal plan. However, there are several cafeteria close to dental school, ie: BRB, and the hospital cafe that is open 24/7. The cost is reasonable as well as the food. There are also Rascal House Pizza, Quiznos, McDonalds just 5 min from the house and also many restaurants in Little Italy about 10 min walk from the delt house.

grinningrice said:
Hey guys, I just decieded that I am moving into the delt house this year. I was wondering, do you guys think it is worth it to get a meal plan. Is the food any good? Are the dining halls far from campus? Thanks

The Musketeer said:
Welcome to the Delt house! I will be living at the house again next year so I will see you around when you move in. As of now, there will be another 1st year female student moving in so you will have some company.

Since we are grad students and living in a fraternity house, we do not get Case meal plan. However, there are several cafeteria close to dental school, ie: BRB, and the hospital cafe that is open 24/7. The cost is reasonable as well as the food. There are also Rascal House Pizza, Quiznos, McDonalds just 5 min from the house and also many restaurants in Little Italy about 10 min walk from the delt house.
Thanks! I talked to John and he told me that there was going to be 3 other first years, one that was female. I am really excited to live in the house, it seems like it is going to be alot of fun. Just curious, do alot of people cook in the house? I love to cook, but I hear its a little bit of a hassle.

I cook all the time in the kitchen...although you might not have enough time to cook a lot of elaborate meals, you can still be able to take something in 40 min.

grinningrice said:
Thanks! I talked to John and he told me that there was going to be 3 other first years, one that was female. I am really excited to live in the house, it seems like it is going to be alot of fun. Just curious, do alot of people cook in the house? I love to cook, but I hear its a little bit of a hassle.

hey musketeer, are you finished with your D1 yet? Would you mind sharing what it was like throughout the first year at Case d-school and what you would have done different or wish you would have known. Sorry for throwing so many questions at ya buddy :) , but you have been very helpful for many of us.

Cheers

No, not done yet...ONE MORE WEEK! :D I will give you a nice summary next weekend if you don't mind, as my mind is just filled with junk for the exams...sorry!

DDS2BE said:
hey musketeer, are you finished with your D1 yet? Would you mind sharing what it was like throughout the first year at Case d-school and what you would have done different or wish you would have known. Sorry for throwing so many questions at ya buddy :) , but you have been very helpful for many of us.

Cheers

The Musketeer said:
I cook all the time in the kitchen...although you might not have enough time to cook a lot of elaborate meals, you can still be able to take something in 40 min.

Musketeer cook in the kitchen? Maybe you should tell them about frying fish and eggs on your forman grill in your room!!

everett_wu said:
Musketeer cook in the kitchen? Maybe you should tell them about frying fish and eggs on your forman grill in your room!!

NICE!!! :laugh:

everett_wu said:
LOL, thats so something I would do! Ok, stupid question, are the stoves in the house electric or gas?

everett_wu said:

Cooking eggs, in a Forman grill?? Man Musketeer, you must be one veteran Forman grill user or make one heck of mess on your grill cooking eggs :D Nothing stands between a man and his grub, keep up the good work Derek!

The stoves are gas, which is good, because you can make your meals faster.

grinningrice said:
LOL, thats so something I would do! Ok, stupid question, are the stoves in the house electric or gas?

It was ONE TIME that I've done this...I was just really lazy to cook downstairs...I was just trying to see if Forman grill was capable of making an omelet....and the result indicated a DEFINITE NO! :D

eric275 said:
Cooking eggs, in a Forman grill?? Man Musketeer, you must be one veteran Forman grill user or make one heck of mess on your grill cooking eggs :D Nothing stands between a man and his grub, keep up the good work Derek!

The Musketeer said:
The stoves are gas, which is good, because you can make your meals faster.
Aweomse, I cant stand electric stoves

Just wanted to let you guys know I've reduced my price of my 2bed/1.5 bath from 970 to $895 a month +electricity. Everything else is included, even breakfast mon-fri. 2 off street parking as well. For a virtual tour go to hotmail, login as rent_waldorf and password is waldorf. Download the ppt attachment in there.

Everett

So I have this guy who wants to rent but is looking for a room mate. He's looking for all the typical qualities, clean, responsible etc.

So I just need to book out one more spot. So it's 447.50+half electric a month. Everything such as air/heat/water/continental breakfast mon-fri/parking is included.

Everett