Where to hang diploma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organdonor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've started filling up my office for my attending job. It seems customary to hang Med school and or residency diplomas at your office, but my office will have heavy patient foot traffic right outside the door and this just seems like kind of a gamble. I wouldn't want to lose my $250,000 piece of paper!

I also have a home office. I'm thinking of hanging the originals in my home office and color copies at my work office. Any other new docs have opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably don't want to hang it if you don't need to. Or just make a colour copy and buy a decent frame and put it up.. virtually no one I know puts the original documents in their office.

Probably don't want to hang it if you don't need to. Or just make a colour copy and buy a decent frame and put it up.. virtually no one I know puts the original documents in their office.
Really? Pretty much everyone I know puts the originals up

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
images

Substitute Diploma for Clock :)

Reactions: 1 users
So I've started filling up my office for my attending job. It seems customary to hang Med school and or residency diplomas at your office, but my office will have heavy patient foot traffic right outside the door and this just seems like kind of a gamble. I wouldn't want to lose my $250,000 piece of paper!

I also have a home office. I'm thinking of hanging the originals in my home office and color copies at my work office. Any other new docs have opinions?
Mine are at home. I tried hanging it at the office but I had staffing issues who were vandalizing my stuff. I took everything home. I don't leave anything at the office.

My school roommate has his hanging over the toilet at his home.
(He has that kind of humor.)

Reactions: 2 users
Mine are sitting in a folder in a plastic box in my home.

Reactions: 1 users

Are you worried about a patient stealing your diploma?

Why does anyone hang their diploma in their office?

HH

I prefer Kanye West's suggestion that you use it as personal insulation, maybe line your pants in the winter.
"Because when I die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees"

Ego wall.

IMG_1761.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user