where in India is everyone from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Even the Beer baron (Kingfisher guy) Vijay Mallya is a Konk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow...thats a huge list

meetlife said:
yep....even bunts of mangalore make it a point to meet every year.......like aishwarya rai......sunil shetty...shilpa shetty......they met last year.......very close to KMC.......all guys bunked the postings........

Aishwarya rai is mangolorean or what?? :confused:

konkarni teachers are real pain in neck? they r always so strict........ :thumbdown: unfortunately my college has loads of konkanis.

Originally from CHENNAI. Anybody else from this glorious and insulated land?

allergic2morons said:
konkarni teachers are real pain in neck? they r always so strict........ :thumbdown: unfortunately my college has loads of konkanis.

:D we're cool. and yeah, they are strict.

zing said:

my dad's from there....

zing said:

Hello, fellow chennaite

it happens!no one z perfect! :laugh: btw,the city is AHMEDABAD!is'nt it my gujju pals?
gujuDoc said:
I'm guju, hence my user name.

My parents are from Mumbai and Amdebad. Sorry for the misspelling. I'm bad at spelling Indian words and city names. I apologize. But anyhow, I'm 100% guju, though my dad's family lived in Mumbai which is technically Marathi land. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
prady said:
it happens!no one z perfect! :laugh: btw,the city is AHMEDABAD!is'nt it my gujju pals?
if you say so :p

what about rahul dravid is he kokani or marathi?

he is marathi my boy!! :thumbup: though he cant speak it> they dont teach marathi in karnataka occupied maharashtra :laugh:

allergic2morons said:
surely she isnt Konkarni! :confused:

no her mother tongue is tulu... i think that's like a part of kannada or however you spell it).

Premedtomed said:
Even the Beer baron (Kingfisher guy) Vijay Mallya is a Konk
I have seen him.....he has a restaurant in Mangalore....

allergic2morons said:
Aishwarya rai is mangolorean or what?? :confused:
yep....born at a nursing home called.."Glen view"......close to KMC college.....and matter of great pride for KMC guys.....dunno y???

allergic2morons said:
surely she isnt Konkarni! :confused:
she belongs to a mangalorean community called "Bunts"..

saffronrain said:
no her mother tongue is tulu... i think that's like a part of kannada or however you spell it).
yes....language for bunts is tulu.........kinda colloquial....

I am from Baroda....like lots of other gujjus

:D

meetlife said:
I have seen him.....he has a restaurant in Mangalore....
Now he's starting his own low cost airline -Kingfisher :eek:

Amazing! I love it India needs lot more entrepreneurs :smuggrin:

Premedtomed said:
Now he's starting his own low cost airline -Kingfisher :eek:

Amazing! I love it India needs lot more entrepreneurs :smuggrin:
yep.......more people like u......

Hey..im new to the forum..im a punjabi kuri born and raised in canada and my parents are from chandigarh..and im currently in USA studying for USMLE step one :oops:

any andhrites?

ok i dunno how to delate this message..pleaseee ignoree thiss!

i m from New Delhi...
is there anybody frm delhi...?

wow.... i just checked this thread after say a yr or so.... n cant believe that its still going on.....wow

hey its really great to c so many fellow countrymen around here ... !!!

I am from the City Beautiful - Chandigarh !!!

I was born in the United States....was here till I was seven...Moved to India then ...Was in Delhi for the next 15 years....and now am back in the US...NEVERTHELESS...I am Indian to the core......There is NO place like Delhi in the world....Delhi Rocks!! :)

I was born in the United States....was here till I was seven...Moved to India then ...Was in Delhi for the next 15 years....and now am back in the US...NEVERTHELESS...I am Indian to the core......There is NO place like Delhi in the world....Delhi Rocks!! :)

Yup.... Delhi Rocks!!! Am not from Delhi but have lived there 4 2 yrs n enjoyed every bit of it....:thumbup: