what year to get pregnant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't maternity leave basically an extended vacation? While I don't think a pregnant woman is a lazy co-worker, they just happen to both cause headaches for your co-workers.

Yes, it's basically an extended vacation.... except you just squeezed a 7 lb baby out of your vagina and you cant sleep at night because you have to constantly feed and change the baby every few hours. It's the best vacation of your life.

Dammit, I was hoping for a much more angry response.

And I haven't implied a single misogynistic thing in this thread. I'm all for actual equality. Not that weird sort of "equality" where women get a bunch of special concessions that feminists apparently think is "equality".

You really think maternity leave is a concession? o_O Honestly, I think 6 weeks of maternity leave is extremely short. (At Walgreen's they give you 6 weeks for normal birth, and 12 weeks for complicated births and if you you take 12 weeks, you lose your store and you have to be a floater). You have to return to work with a 5 week old infant at home with who knows. This is the one reason why I am leaving my options open apart from Walgreen's. How long is maternity leave where you work?

Members don't see this ad.

You really think maternity leave is a concession? o_O Honestly, I think 6 weeks of maternity leave is extremely short. (At Walgreen's they give you 6 weeks for normal birth, and 12 weeks for complicated births and if you you take 12 weeks, you lose your store and you have to be a floater). You have to return to work with a 5 week old infant at home with who knows. This is the one reason why I am leaving my options open apart from Walgreen's. How long is maternity leave where you work?

It's a concession because its a voluntary medical procedure. This ain't "I got my appendix removed." And the people here get 3 f'n months. Which is bull****. Why the hell don't I get a 3 month vacation if I were to get breast implants or some ****?

Then, they won't think women get a 'vacation' when they're off on maternity leave. It's about as much a vacation as going to a funeral is. It's not as sad, obviously, but a new kid can be just as jarring mentally as the loss of a family member.

The problem with this is that *YOU* chose this. I don't chose to make a close family member die. They aren't comparable. If babies randomly poofed into existence inside of women, I'd have no problem at all with any of this. What pisses me off is that I have to make concessions and do not enjoy the perks of a decision someone else made.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's almost impossible to find childcare for a baby that's younger than 6 weeks and still hard to find it for babies, period.

That's because of another piece of bull****. Children should be sent to school starting asap. We have child care for children aged 5-18. It's called public school. That **** needs lowered so more people can work and not use having a child as a crutch in a completely different way to not have to work.

It's a concession because its a voluntary medical procedure. This ain't "I got my appendix removed." And the people here get 3 f'n months. Which is bull****. Why the hell don't I get a 3 month vacation if I were to get breast implants or some ****?

Do you plan to not any children?

I can see that in vitro is rather voluntary and unnatural, but good old fashioned pregnancy is such a natural human occurrence... like having sex, eating, sleeping, pooing. :confused: Shít happens, pregnancy happens. I can't tell if you really believe that pregnancy is purely a recreational choice or if you're just busting my chops.

It is a concession, because men don't get it even though they also don't sleep at night and feed the baby every few hours.

The problem with this is that *YOU* chose this. I don't chose to make a close family member die. They aren't comparable. If babies randomly poofed into existence inside of women, I'd have no problem at all with any of this. What pisses me off is that I have to make concessions and do not enjoy the perks of a decision someone else made.

I'm pretty sure you can get paternity leave if your wife decides to have a kid. You can also get the same amount of time off if you CHOOSE to adopt a kid or if you CHOOSE to help a sick family member. You also CHOOSE to go to a funeral or not.

If you had some sort of medical procedure that you needed three months off, I'm sure you could get that, too.

Besides, not everyone chooses to have a kid. Accidents happen, and some times they're not noticed until after the abortion cut-off (besides some people having moral issues against abortion).

I understand you're not a fan of kids or maternity leave. But people need to have kids for our society to continue. Enough people work that there has to be concessions for people to raise their kids.

Childcare from Day 1 is a nice idea, I suppose, except for the fact that you'd need about one caretaker for every baby. Why not have the mother do it? Especially since she'll need to recover anyway from giving birth? We have such big brains that we're born early and need constant care at the beginning of our lives. Besides, it really is best for the kid if you breast feed it (fewer sick days down the road!). It's difficult enough to handle breast feeding if the kid is there, let alone if you have to pump while you're at work.

It is a concession, because men don't get it even though they also don't sleep at night and feed the baby every few hours.

Some places do offer paternity leave. Some women don't get maternity leave. Some husbands have their wives do everything for the kid at night and wear ear plugs.

No. And the wife is more militant about it than me. She tried to irradiate her uterus as a child.

I can see that in vitro is rather voluntary and unnatural, but good old fashioned pregnancy is such a natural human occurrence... like having sex, eating, sleeping, pooing. :confused: Shít happens, pregnancy happens. I can't tell if you really believe that pregnancy is purely a recreational choice or if you're just busting my chops.

Yes, pregnancy is a life choice. It's not something that "happens." Unless you are ******ed and don't know how the plumbing works.

I'm pretty sure you can get paternity leave if your wife decides to have a kid. You can also get the same amount of time off if you CHOOSE to adopt a kid or if you CHOOSE to help a sick family member. You also CHOOSE to go to a funeral or not.

If you had some sort of medical procedure that you needed three months off, I'm sure you could get that, too.

Besides, not everyone chooses to have a kid. Accidents happen, and some times they're not noticed until after the abortion cut-off (besides some people having moral issues against abortion).

Abortion should be legal until a being becomes self-conscious.

I
understand you're not a fan of kids or maternity leave.
Both.

But people need to have kids for our society to continue.

That's actually an interesting philosophical question right there...

Enough people work that there has to be concessions for people to raise their kids.

Some...though I think that the child tax break thing is bull****. People without children should pay less taxes. I'd be cool with it if society didn't punish people for not having kids.

Childcare from Day 1 is a nice idea, I suppose, except for the fact that you'd need about one caretaker for every baby. Why not have the mother do it?

You wouldn't need one person per child. And because the mother may or may not be more useful elsewhere as someting other than a babysitter.

It's not an interesting philosophical question about whether or not we need to have kids to survive as a society. Look at what's happening to Japan. They have an aging population, and not enough people to take over the jobs or care for the elderly.

Do you want to be 85 and be part of the youngest human beings? Who's going to take care of you? Who's going to supply the money and resources for you to survive?

Somebody somewhere needs to have kids for the human race to go on. That's why we're so preoccupied with sex and why most of us eventually want kids. It's programmed into us.

It's not an interesting philosophical question about whether or not we need to have kids to survive as a society. Look at what's happening to Japan. They have an aging population, and not enough people to take over the jobs or care for the elderly.

No...not that...more about humanity...and our insistence that we are important...

Do you want to be 85 and be part of the youngest human beings? Who's going to take care of you? Who's going to supply the money and resources for you to survive?

We could probably import enough Africans that don't have a pot to piss in to happily do the job. Like a ****ing American needs to have a kid. lmao...

Somebody somewhere needs to have kids for the human race to go on. That's why we're so preoccupied with sex and why most of us eventually want kids. It's programmed into us.

Yeah...but i've overridden that sense apparently...because I clearly don't care. I just wish the govenment wouldn't punish me for not having children. It's bull****. I'm being forced to care if someone has a child. Grrr, I say...

Yes, pregnancy is a life choice. It's not something that "happens." Unless you are ******ed and don't know how the plumbing works.
:laugh: "don't know how the plumbing works"... priceless!!!

I agree WVU. Pregnancy is completely voluntary. Sorry ladies, but no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get pregnant (unless it's rape).

To be honest, I think pregnancy is one of the most intentional things a woman/couple can do. I don't understand the "Well... it was an accident". It's like saying, "We accidentally had sex and accidentally didn't use a condom and accidentally didn't seek out Plan B and accidentally blah, blah, blah."

IMHO guys, if she tells you that she accidentally got pregnant, then she's probably lying. (Perhaps it really was an accident, like antibiotic use inferring with oral contraceptives, but circumstances like that will only come up every so often.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: "don't know how the plumbing works"... priceless!!!

I agree WVU. Pregnancy is completely voluntary. Sorry ladies, but no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get pregnant (unless it's rape).

To be honest, I think pregnancy is one of the most intentional things a woman can do. I don't understand the "Well... it was an accident". It's like saying, "We accidentally had sex and accidentally didn't use a condom and accidentally didn't seek out Plan B and accidentally blah, blah, blah."

IMHO, guys, if she tells you that she accidentally got pregnant, then she's probably lying. (Perhaps it really was an accident, like antibiotic use inferring with oral contraceptives, but circumstances like that will only come up every so often.)

"I will not respond to threads about salary, pregnancy, & the differences between retail & hospital pharmacy. Use the search function!"

I just had to mention it :)

Going back to the pregancy choice, I didn't say pregnancy is not a choice. The context of my argument is that pregnancy is natural and is not "purely a recreational choice" which would bar it from being a legitimate reason why women ought to get better maternity leave benefits.

In that case, eating is a choice. If you think it's not a choice, then you don't know how the plumbing works. ;)

I win. :D

"I will not respond to threads about salary, pregnancy, & the differences between retail & hospital pharmacy. Use the search function!"

I just had to mention it :)

Going back to the pregancy choice, I didn't say pregnancy is not a choice. The context of my argument is that pregnancy is natural and is not "purely a recreational choice" which would bar it from being a legitimate reason why women ought to get better maternity leave benefits.

In that case, eating is a choice. If you think it's not a choice, then you don't know how the plumbing works. ;)

I know. It's hard to resist once it becomes a philosophical argument about procreation.
The threads about pregnancy usually go nowhere, like "What to do if I find out I'm pregnant and starting pharmacy school?"... as if we are the ones who should be giving advice about such a personal subject!!!

Who cares if pregnancy is natural??? Burping and farting are natural too, but we control those to limit their adverse effects on others. The same with bowel movements... it's normal to have a bowel movement, but the time, place, and manner are controlled. WVU's problem is that pharmacists who become pregnant are adversely affecting his work environment by effectively abandoning their job for a pregnancy that they deliberately chose to have.

You have to eat to survive! :idea: DUH!!! :rolleyes: You don't have to become pregnant to survive... double DUH!!! :p

Why couldn't I have been a seahorse? Note who has the pouch. ;)

Seahorse_bw.GIF

Why couldn't I have been a seahorse? Note who has the pouch. ;)

Seahorse_bw.GIF

There are times I tease my husband that I wish I were a lesbian so I could trade off with my partner with having kids...

Ok, well I disagree on a philosophical level. I could ramble on for about 20 minutes...but I'll spare you.

Eating is required to sustain your life. Having a child isn't. Perhaps in some stupid species sustaining sense, but spare me. There are 6.5 billion of us. You only win at failing.

I know. It's hard to resist once it becomes a philosophical argument about procreation.
The threads about pregnancy usually go nowhere, like "What to do if I find out I'm pregnant and starting pharmacy school?"... as if we are the ones who should be giving advice about such a personal subject!!!

Who cares if pregnancy is natural??? Burping and farting are natural too, but we control those to limit their adverse effects on others. The same with bowel movements... it's normal to have a bowel movement, but the time, place, and manner are controlled. WVU's problem is that pharmacists who become pregnant are adversely affecting his work environment by effectively abandoning their job for a pregnancy that they deliberately chose to have.

You have to eat to survive! :idea: DUH!!! :rolleyes: You don't have to become pregnant to survive... double DUH!!! :p

Maybe I'm not seeing WVU's point because most of my friends and co-workers have chosen well on when to have their kids and tried to get their childcare all worked out. Most took very limited time off. One woman even timed having her kid in between mouse studies.

There's never a good time to have kids, for the most part, but if you can minimize the complications to yourself and to others, you should. That's part of being a responsible parent.

I

Ouch. That almost made me want to concede, BUT if you consider pregnancy as a effective method to reduce the risk of getting breast cancer, then I must say that pregnancy is medically necessary. :rolleyes: lol. I'm a stubborn *****. :) ....so I'm gonna run with my choosing to eat argument. :D

You only need to eat as much as you need to survive, but what about the choice to eat anything in addition to your daily caloric needs? (In comparison to the woman who chooses to get pregnant and gets maternity leave)--should a person who has chosen daily to eat beyond their necessary caloric need and has developed heart disease and needs triple by pass surgery, should they be allowed to get time off from work? Or the man who stupidly drank excessive amounts of milk and got kidney stones, should he be allowed time off from work to have the stone removed?

I still win. :) I'm gonna go get myself a cookie.

Whuzza whut? @ the new avatar.

Jeez o' Pete, at least it wasn't a purse on a lexus before the gold digger talk started. This is too funny.

Its not just a "purse" its my new Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 from the Stephen Sprouse collection. Gotta love the Monogram Roses. I didn't want a Walgreen's bottle as a avatar b/c I am now working at Target so I changed it. And also I am not a gold digger I just have certain expectations from boyfriends/future husband.

Easy solution: Marry a guy that makes enough money so that you DO NOT have to go back to work when you have a child. Why would anyone want to go back to the workforce after having children? I sure don't. And I won't consider marrying much less having a child with someone that can't fully support me.

LMAO if you're a guy and you goto Mercer... Stay away from this one.

:D

NO pu$$y isworth that kind of bull$hit.

Examples of this, please?

Seriously, other developed nations realize kids do best when they're with their parents during the early parts of their lives. In Europe, most countries have extended maternity leaves for mothers, and I believe good paternity leave as well.

It's almost impossible to find childcare for a baby that's younger than 6 weeks and still hard to find it for babies, period.

As long as a company offers both maternity leave and paternity leave, as well as options for people to take care of sick family members, that's equality to me. Instead of giving men a hard time for taking off more than a week or two, they should also get the three months off to care for their kids. Then, they won't think women get a 'vacation' when they're off on maternity leave. It's about as much a vacation as going to a funeral is. It's not as sad, obviously, but a new kid can be just as jarring mentally as the loss of a family member.

I have nothing against children or getting pregnant, but I agree with WVUPharm that its a choice and woman shouldn't get pay while on leave. If a woman thinks a child is too expensive then just don't have one at all. I also don't think people without children should be taxed higher b/c they don't have children. I am a supporter of FLAT taxes, but thats a whole another topic, so lets not start that. LOL... I agree having children is expensive, but its a choice and if someone believes its "too expensive" than don't have children. Its unfair to make people pay while you are on leave and not working, you should only get pay while you WORK, No exceptions.

LMAO if you're a guy and you goto Mercer... Stay away from this one.

:D

NO pu$$y isworth that kind of bull$hit.

Never consider dating pharmacy students. Have dated dental school students, medical school students, dentists, etc. but I usually date men thats in business.

Last edited:
I have nothing against children or getting pregnant, but I agree with WVUPharm that its a choice and woman shouldn't get pay while on leave. Just like I don't think people without children should be taxed higher b/c they don't have children. I am a supporter of FLAT taxes, but thats a whole another topic, so lets not start that. LOL... I agree having children is expensive, but its a choice and if someone believes its "too expensive" than don't have children. Its unfair to make people pay while you are on leave and not working, you should only get pay while you WORK, No exceptions.

What about vacations? Sick leave? If you're on salary?

Expenses are about the same month to month, yet the amount you work will differ depending how busy you are. That's why many get salaries. Most do end up working on average more than 40 hours a week, but they can also get paid when they take a sick or vacation day. An extreme of this is an accountant; they work crazy hours during tax season and then not so much the rest of the year. But I believe they get the same salary year round.

Some jobs are more project-based (like research or architecture), and it matters less how many hours you are actually at work. Other jobs (especially retail-based jobs) depend on you being at work a certain amount of hours.

What about vacations? Sick leave? If you're on salary?

Expenses are about the same month to month, yet the amount you work will differ depending how busy you are. That's why many get salaries. Most do end up working on average more than 40 hours a week, but they can also get paid when they take a sick or vacation day. An extreme of this is an accountant; they work crazy hours during tax season and then not so much the rest of the year. But I believe they get the same salary year round.

Some jobs are more project-based (like research or architecture), and it matters less how many hours you are actually at work. Other jobs (especially retail-based jobs) depend on you being at work a certain amount of hours.

Vacation and sick days are okay b/c everyone gets the same amount and uses the same amount, so its fair.

But some people have kids and some people don't have kids and some people are men, so its not fair for men and people that don't have kids to not get paid for 3 months while they are not working.

However, if companies want to make it fair and let EVERYONE get a 3 month vacation with paid then thats great. I am all for it! LOL...

Last edited:
BUT if you consider pregnancy as a effective method to reduce the risk of getting breast cancer, then I must say that pregnancy is medically necessary.

And IF you consider my grandmother to have wheels, then I say she must be a wagon.

By the way, using your logic...masturbation decreases the chances of prostate cancer. How would you react if your male coworkers went to the bathroom every hour, on the hour, and shot one off?

Ha. I've got the gold digger on my side.

Poor SHC...living in a town full of gold diggers, I can honestly say that she does not strike me as your stereotypical gold digger. No gold digger would invest 200K into an education.

And IF you consider my grandmother to have wheels, then I say she must be a wagon.

By the way, using your logic...masturbation decreases the chances of prostate cancer. How would you react if your male coworkers went to the bathroom every hour, on the hour, and shot one off?

As long as he has good aim and washes his hands afterwards it's all game.

And shut up, I already won the pregnancy argument. :)

The vibe I get is that you must be one of those inverse sexists. Typical feminist bitch that thinks its ok to bash men because women couldn't vote 60 years before she was born. One that doesn't realize the glaring inherent hypocrisy that occurs when the term "feminist" and "equality" are used in conjunction with each other. Or I could be wrong. But that won't ever stop me from making baseless accusations. This is the internet, dammit. I can say just about anything I please without any repercussions. Hahaha. :laugh:

Why does every man say this about any woman that points out inequalities between the sexes? Does he think it's funny? I mean, by no means, I'm not a feminist either, but by attacking or labeling a woman for expressing her opinion on the matter, she has to be called a feminist? c'mon, it's like you want it to be an insult or something.

I always find it annoying when as soon as a girl says something about men or sexism, she's automatically called a feminist, even in a joking manner. It's not funny to be called something you're not and it's thoughts like this that make feminists seem like a joke when it's not either. And why add the "bitch" part to the feminist label? That's so typical of a guy's response.

Well....

It was WVUPharm2007's CHOICE to particpate in a profession where more than half of new graduates are women. Youre CHOOSING to work in a field where nearly HALF of your coworkers will eventually take extended time off. Should have joined construction...or the male exotic ring...or maybe move to Saudi Arabia where you may never have to work with a woman again. :laugh: :D

There are plenty of things that both male and female coworkers do that annoy me. Taking time off isnt number one on that list...there are a lot more things to get annoyed about than that. :thumbup:

Well....

It was WVUPharm2007's CHOICE to particpate in a profession where more than half of new graduates are women. Youre CHOOSING to work in a field where nearly HALF of your coworkers will eventually take extended time off. Should have joined construction...or the male exotic ring...or maybe move to Saudi Arabia where you may never have to work with a woman again. :laugh: :D

There are plenty of things that both male and female coworkers do that annoy me. Taking time off isnt number one on that list...there are a lot more things to get annoyed about than that. :thumbup:

:laugh: LOL

Why does every man say this about any woman that points out inequalities between the sexes? Does he think it's funny? I mean, by no means, I'm not a feminist either, but by attacking or labeling a woman for expressing her opinion on the matter, she has to be called a feminist? c'mon, it's like you want it to be an insult or something.

I always find it annoying when as soon as a girl says something about men or sexism, she's automatically called a feminist, even in a joking manner. It's not funny to be called something you're not and it's thoughts like this that make feminists seem like a joke when it's not either. And why add the "bitch" part to the feminist label? That's so typical of a guy's response.
:thumbup:

It was WVUPharm2007's CHOICE to particpate in a profession where more than half of new graduates are women.
Now that's just ridiculous. No one should ever choose a profession based on the male/female ratio :rolleyes:... even if you were j/k.

Maybe I'm not seeing WVU's point because most of my friends and co-workers have chosen well on when to have their kids and tried to get their childcare all worked out. Most took very limited time off. One woman even timed having her kid in between mouse studies.

There's never a good time to have kids, for the most part, but if you can minimize the complications to yourself and to others, you should. That's part of being a responsible parent.
I've worked with/known 6 pregnant pharmacists.
1. was working in the chemo, IV room and had to leave once she found out
2. would sit on a chair in a retail pharmacy continuously while chatting non-stop on the phone
3. didn't go back to retail, but started doing the district pharmacists' schedule for a pharmacist's salary :rolleyes:
4. sat down on the stool the entire shift and was more terrible, inefficient, and aggravating than before
5. sat down and worked order entry as a hospital pharmacist
6. worked as if nothing was different and just as effectively

Pharmacist 5 was ok. No complaints.
The only pharmacist that I enjoyed working with and appreciated how things had turned out for her and everyone else was pharmacist 6. To date, she's still one of the best retail pharmacists to work for.

Last edited:

Hahaha. You answered your own question. I was called a misogynist because I disagreed with a bunch of feminists...it goes both ways. And feminists are a joke. To me, anyway. They crack me up. Kinda like how Scientologists crack me up.

Hahaha. You answered your own question. I was called a misogynist because I disagreed with a bunch of feminists...it goes both ways. And feminists are a joke. To me, anyway. They crack me up. Kinda like how Scientologists crack me up.

Hey now, be careful there...the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard might come after you and demand satisfaction.

I call myself a feminist, but I recognize that men do occasionally get the shaft in our society. Even though I'm a feminist, that doesn't mean I automatically agree with every other feminist in the world. I was partially raised by a single father who taught me that I could do whatever I wanted. But he pointed out the inequalities single fathers and men often got. Meanwhile, I also have a stepfather and mother in a conservative Baptist church, where I routinely saw and still see that women in certain societies are still limited and put down. My mom and stepdad can't believe I kept my last name when I got married and don't understand why I don't want to be referred to as Mrs. John Smith (I like how my one friend phrased it: she felt she had been reduced to an S). Not that I have any issues if a woman takes her husband's last name; it's just not for me.

I call myself a feminist in the same way I call myself a liberal; it doesn't mean I agree with every other liberal. In some ways, but not all, I agree more with my libertarian friends. An example of this is I'm fine with people having guns, as long as they're not mentally unstable or convicted violent criminals.

What I'm trying to point out is that you are stereotyping a bit much. You can't assume every proclaimed feminist hates men or is a joke. And labeling someone who disagrees with you as a feminist in a derogatory way is just as bad as women calling you a misogynist.

However, I have no problems with you being amused by Scientologists. They are a bit crazy. :)

I've worked with/known 6 pregnant pharmacists.
1. was working in the chemo, IV room and had to leave once she found out
2. would sit on a chair in a retail pharmacy continuously while chatting non-stop on the phone
3. didn't go back to retail, but started doing the district pharmacists' schedule for a pharmacist's salary :rolleyes:
4. sat down on the stool the entire shift and was more terrible, inefficient, and aggravating than before
5. sat down and worked order entry as a hospital pharmacist
6. worked as if nothing was different and just as effectively

Pharmacist 5 was ok. No complaints.
The only pharmacist that I enjoyed working with and appreciated how things had turned out for her and everyone else was pharmacist 6. To date, she's still one of the best retail pharmacists to work for.

Did pharmacists 5 and 6 take maternity leave, out of curiosity?

I realize some people will be like this. But it sounds like you weren't too impressed with these women before they were pregnant. Most likely they weren't that interested in pharmacy and/or doing a good job to begin with. I've worked with a man that did practically nothing all day except goof off, and it obviously wasn't because he was pregnant.

Pharmacy is a bit different from lab work, because in lab work, your work usually doesn't affect others working in the lab. It doesn't make too much of a difference to the workplace if you take maternity leave, unless you have more of a lab manager job. In fact, it's almost easier when someone's gone, because it's fewer people competing for limited resources. ;-)

It's just anecdotal evidence, but the women I know who've gotten pregnant while as post-docs, grad students, or lab techs seemed to be pretty responsible about their pregnancies. Maybe it's because they realize that if they can't balance well their kids and their jobs, they won't complete their projects. You certainly aren't in academia for the money; moving on and that sense of completion is all you have.

No it isn't. I am a male and and damn proud to be a feminist.

No it isn't. I am a male and and damn proud to be a feminist.

Feminist? So you think the rights of women should be held higher than that of men? That's what the word means. Like a white supremacist. But the KKK isn't going around riding on horses of equality and burning effigy crosses of fairness, are they?

Unless, of course, those people live in a bizarre universe where words don't actually have to mean what the sum of the prefixes-body-suffixes as a unit mean...or they live in a world where there is no personal introspection...and they can label whatever it is they do with nonsensical terms...

1) Feminist?

2)So you think the rights of women should be held higher than that of men?

3) That's what the word means.

4) Like a white supremacist.

5) But the KKK isn't going around riding on horses of equality and burning effigy crosses of fairness, are they?

6) Unless, of course, those people live in a bizarre universe where words don't actually have to mean what the sum of the prefixes-body-suffixes as a unit mean...or they live in a world where there is no personal introspection...and they can label whatever it is they do with nonsensical terms...

1) Yes
2) No
3) No it does not. Don't embarrass yourself.
4) Feminists believe in equal rights for women, protected by law, despite gender differences. Feminists can be liberal and conservative. There are different ways of achieving said goal.
5) I won't dignify this with a substantive response.
6) You have no idea what you're talking about.