What is everyone doing this summer?

El Nino

Attending
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Although I hate reading / posting on the HSDN forum I am so excited I am compelled to post) NOTE: I am not one of those people who tend to show-off every achievement such as, SAT and GPA score etc. However ...

Today I was informed I was accepted into a high school internship at a local medical school to do some research. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait! It's going to be the entire summer and I will be working with a MD/PHD (. I will be able to get clinical and lab experience it's going to be awesome. Also I plan to take a few ice skating (fast on land ... slow on ice) classes because I want to try out ice hockey during senior year. :smuggrin:

Edit: The type of research I may focus on is either microbiology or infectious diseases.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
SAT/ACT Prep

AP pre reading

Volunteer work

Make up a semester of PE (I had to drop out this semester due to a very badly broken toe that took over 2 months to heal), take Linear Algebra, volunteer at hospital, shadow podiatrists. Oh and probably teach my brother how to bike :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Podiatry, eh?

Any reasons why?

I'm kinda lazy to retype it, so here is the answer to the same question that I typed an hour ago on another thread :)

"Well since I've had my share of foot problems. I train in MMA, so my feet get tweaked around from all the kicking, falling, submissions, etc. I recently broke a toe and I somehow get these mysterious toe pains (which will no longer be mysterious, once I see my podiatrist next week :)) I looked deeper into the profession and found it quite interesting. It will allow me to do the normal doctor stuff (examining patients) and also surgery. The hours/pay also aren't bad."

Thank God I don't have to go to high school for my senior year and I end school in two weeks. I have to attend Summer B if I want to go to the college of my choice.

So this summer I'm gonna see if I can find a job. My mom is an accountant for a lot of Chinese restaurants and I want to get my first job there if I can. I'll also be learning to get used to doing chores, keeping the house clean, and all that growing up stuff that I should've learned a long time ago.

I'll also be selling books and other stuff on Amazon and eBay. Basically do the stuff that my whole family has always been too busy for.

Then again, I'm doing all this stuff as an excuse to get my own car.

Thank God I don't have to go to high school for my senior year and I end school in two weeks. I have to attend Summer B if I want to go to the college of my choice.

So this summer I'm gonna see if I can find a job. My mom is an accountant for a lot of Chinese restaurants and I want to get my first job there if I can. I'll also be learning to get used to doing chores, keeping the house clean, and all that growing up stuff that I should've learned a long time ago.

I'll also be selling books and other stuff on Amazon and eBay. Basically do the stuff that my whole family has always been too busy for.

I'll be doing a week of Summer @ Brown (Exploring Medicine), voluteering at a hospital, volunteering at a lab, and volunteering at the zoo.

I'll be doing a summer internship at an IT company. (I love computers & networking) Also, I'll be doing some volunteer work either at my local hospital or the nursing home.

Members don't see this ad :)
(Although I hate reading / posting on the HSDN forum I am so excited I am compelled to post) NOTE: I am not one of those people who tend to show-off every achievement such as, SAT and GPA score etc. However ...

Today I was informed I was accepted into a high school internship at a local medical school to do some research. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait! It's going to be the entire summer and I will be working with a MD/PHD (. I will be able to get clinical and lab experience it's going to be awesome. Also I plan to take a few ice skating (fast on land ... slow on ice) classes because I want to try out ice hockey during senior year. :smuggrin:

Edit: The type of research I may focus on is either microbiology or infectious diseases.

Not your business to ask

Going to Florida with my friends for our late senior trip, shadowing my mom's friend who is an interventional radiologist, and waiting anxiously for college!! wooo!!!

first summer i wont be doing anything medically related in a LONG time!!! and possibly the last...hahaha. well i guess it wont be completely medical free, but for the most part. mwa ha ha.

I've got a dental internship. Yay!

Ngh. Working 40+ hours a week.

Hopefully, graduation parties on the weekend will make up for it!

Volunteering, taking some classes at UNA (General Chem 111, and 111L, Psychology), getting a job... maybe playing rec soccer if I have time. Oh and either dropping out of club or doing rush, haven't decided yet.

Ew, psychology... I'm utterly lost on why everyone and their grandmother takes that class--it's never interested me at all.

I know a lot of private liberal art colleges (Idk about public) require students to take intro to psy. I find psy pretty interesting. I know the AP psy book chapter on intelligence offers good advice on studying etc.

Ew, psychology... I'm utterly lost on why everyone and their grandmother takes that class--it's never interested me at all.

Easiest AP class and exam.

Not surprised everyone takes it.

Hopefully this summer I'll get more hours at the vet clinic, get more large animal experience, and start volunteering at an animal shelter. :xf:

Working 8-3 Mon-Fri. Nothing medically related.

Did you take the MCAT yet?

Or have you decided on Dental school instead?

Dental school instead. 99% sure atleast. Most of my friends took the MCAT this month or are taking it early May.

It's at UNA... I get AP credit for it... it's science-based... I would take General Chem 112 but I hear the professor's really tough.

It's at UNA... I get AP credit for it... it's science-based... I would take General Chem 112 but I hear the professor's really tough.

Psychology is a blast!!!!

Dental school instead. 99% sure atleast. Most of my friends took the MCAT this month or are taking it early May.

DUDE, you were a premed.

Why dental school now ? less hours for more $$$ ? :p

DUDE, you were a premed.

Why dental school now ? less hours for more $$$ ? :p

Ha, I've been pre-med/pre-dent for this school year. It pretty much came down to not wanting to have to do some of the more gross things you see in med school. I'd be lying if I said lifestyle didn't take part in the decision either. :)

Ha, I've been pre-med/pre-dent for this school year. It pretty much came down to not wanting to have to do some of the more gross things you see in med school. I'd be lying if I said lifestyle didn't take part in the decision either. :)

I see. Well, I really appreciate you have been giving excellent tips to H.SDN members. It was also fun with to chat on the private message sometimes. Thanks a lot so far and Good luck :)

I see. Well, I really appreciate you have been giving excellent tips to H.SDN members. It was also fun with to chat on the private message sometimes. Thanks a lot so far and Good luck :)

Ha thanks! I'll definitely still be around, just hopefully converting some people to pre-dents. :rolleyes: I totally think we need an HSDN AIM chat too.