What do you receive today? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just try to hang with the process for now, Ahmad. You'll find out what it feels like to get accepted soon enough ;)

Members don't see this ad.

ohcdn,

ah, anatomy. thats a long story. i can not believe my luck. for some reason, all the anatomy courses at all of the community colleges around me are full. by the time i got to my reg date, those cores were full. now, i am forced to taking it the school where i went for my undergrad. its not so bad to take it there, but it will cost me $800. its alot of money, but i am really looking forward to acing the course.:)

OK I had my interview at BU on dec 15th. I was wondering when should I expect a response from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Ahmed....good luck...still rooting for ya! Do you think that email was just a general one or a personal one directed at you...if the latter, then I have no idea why they would go out of their trouble to do that and wouldnt accept you....your chances look good!

Just dont goto Merharry...Yuck...Nashville...

if you can land UCSF, you will be quite lucky! Try your best and concentrate on killing that interview....

That sounds like very good news perfect! I cheering for you. I was extremely lucky to receive an acceptance early in the game given my underdog status. I know it is extremely stressful and depressing to be receiving so many rejection letters. But you seem to be a very strong person and I think IUSD sees this.

Best of luck at UCSF. I am still waiting for them to reject or invite. I hope all their questions about growing up in an educationally, economically and socially challenging environment is not just a bunch of bullcrap to give the impression they are socially aware in admissions.

Today I received a rejection from Upenn. This was not at all surprising. However, it was the nicest rejection letter I have received so far. I kinda felt good after receiving it; I though about emailing a thank you letter for the rejection letter? Strange. :confused: May be I am just desensitized to rejection now; I developed impermeable skin. :smuggrin:

you are so funny Thaxil.

i wouldn't care aboutthose ltters by now if i were you. i know you'll be happy where you'll be.
btw, thank yo and avingupta for the kind words.

I received an interview to nova southeastern on February 12.

How long after the interview at Michigan did they send out a response (acceptance or rejection)?

Originally posted by munbue
I received an interview to nova southeastern on February 12.

Hello Munbue,
I was just wondering how you heard from NOVA southeastern for your interview...did they call you or email you or send you a letter in the mail? I'm still waiting/hoping to hear from them soon since I applied later than I should have (fingers crossed). I appreciate your (and everyone on this board) help. -FS

Got an interview invite to BU. I am surprised that they are still interviewing people in April.
And also a bunch of information about UPenn.

A letter from maryland saying they were still deciding on me and to notify them in writing if i was still considering them.... yeah not so much.

voicemail from Dr. Riley got into Stoney Brook.

congradulation, spooky.
Now will you consider declining some of your interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im prob going to cancel Temple, BU and NJ. NJ is on Jan Fri 30.if anyone is interested I'll let you know when I cancel.

bad news for those who are still hoping for UCONN.

i talked to them today and found out that the calss is already full. in fact, they have afew extra accepted people right now.

i was told that they won't even go to the waitlist since there are already extra acceptances given out and taken.

are you for real? then why the heck are they still interviewing ppl?

if it is true, that really sucks since I didn't even have my interview yet though I was invited. Why wouldn't they wait until all the people have been interviewed?

I guess I'll have to wait for a few more schools to possibly give me interviews..if it isn't already too late and if not, I guess I'll just have to go to med school :mad: and decide to either transfer next year into dental school or stick with it if I don't get into dentistry...

may be this is just fate

Originally posted by Woodsy

if it is true, that really sucks since I didn't even have my interview yet though I was invited. Why wouldn't they wait until all the people have been interviewed?

Thats just how rolling admissions works. The earlier you interview, the better your chances.

i will ask them myself.

even with rolling admissions it makes no sense.

why would they interview ppl if they knew that...

makes no sense at all.

woodsy,

i really think you should call them and ask about what i wrote. who knows, maybe they told me that because they no longer wanna consider me or something. maybe i was lied to so that i stop bugging them.

but if it really is true and they still have you invitted to intervew, then it is the worst thing dental schools can do to poor people like us. it really shows how much ethics and morals matter.

i don't know when your interview is, but if i were you i'd think twice before going for an interview.

i am very sorry to break the bad news for ya.

i wouldn't worry too much about it Perfect, I have my interview very soon within the next week or so. It's too late to do anything coz I've already booked the flight etc.. I will ask them. If they had given extra acceptance and I am truly deserving then I'd be accepted anyways. Even if not, well, that's fate and to teach me a lesson to apply earlier even without DAT scores. I will be sure to ask them during the interview. If it does turn out to be true (what you had said), then I will act accordingly. Because I'm not sure how this works.

Because they had told me about a few time slots they will conduct interviews so it wouldn't be fair to neither myself or the others within this time slot that have interviews. Coz even on their website they said they give out 90 offers but the class is only 41 ppl, so I don't know what's going on...
I believe they conducted some interviews yesterday as well.

So I don't think they would just designate slots for interview if they are already full. But if they do, well, like you said with regards to morals and ethics, then I wouldn't wanna go to that school anyways. I'm not gonna beg if they are gonna make me beg.

letter from UMKC saying their class is filled.

Got an acceptance letter from Howard, pending 1 more LOR, and taking Orgo 2. I already got into Maryland, so anybody want my space??

Today, I received an acceptance letter from UPenn & a scholarship offer from Case Western!

I finally got my UW interview!!!:clap:

For those who have interviewed there, what can you tell me? Help me prepare!!!

rejection from marquette, but acceptance at NOVA

Alright Ohcdn...congrats!!

So the acceptences are in.....DECISION TIME BUDDY!

Marq rejection:mad:

Marquette rejection as well.

I also called BU to check the status of my application. She told me that they have not reviewed it yet and will do so within the next couple weeks. :confused: Probably just a nice way of saying, "You are screwed".

Originally posted by rezzdogg
Rezdawg when was your interveiw at BU?

Havent been interviewed. Theyve had my application for 3 months and "havent reviewed it yet". Fantastic.

UMB put me on waitlist.

I got a BU interview on APril 9th. I applied quite late.
I guess they are still interviewing.

i've gotten interview invites from tufts, NYU, umich, and uic

i've gone to the tufts and NYU ones (very UNIMPRESSED with NYU :oops: ), scheduled the uic one, and will withdraw from the umich one.

DJ,

Would you share what has unimpressed you so much about NYU?

Letter from Marquette.

I've been placed on the alternate list.

Originally posted by highlanderdds
Acceptance letter from Tufts today!:clap:

Congrats! When was your interview?

highlanderdds
Are you in CA? because I had an interview on Jan 14th too and I was told my letter has been sent on monday but I haven't received it yet, and they wont tell me what is in my letter. I am so anxious to get it.

I got a mail from Marquette that I got placed in the alternate list.
Apparently, I have to pay $750 to reserve my spot.
(They will refund if i get rejected.)

Does anyone know how likely an alternate become the real acceptance?

Mani99:

yes I am from LA area. I just PMed you. check your mailbox!

Accepted to Upenn.

congrats!

ecdoesit, when did u interview at UCLA?

I interviewed on 21st.
I guess they are working pretty hard.

Today I received a rejection letter from University of Iowa. I really liked this school and wanted to go very badly until I interviewed at Pitt. I am out-of-state, so I guess I was lucky just to get an interview (interviewed around mid October).

Status
Not open for further replies.