What are the top 3 med schools in the Philippines as of "NOW"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
st. lukes: they offer a 5 year curric. it means that you will become a PGI at St. lukes hosp whethr u lyk it or not.

Plm: great minds. great doctors. i have a doctor who is a grad of plm, dr. basco-pedia, he is very good doctor and has a segment in the radio.

but in terms of facilities, st. lukes is far better

Members don't see this ad.

PLM, UPM and CIM all got 100% in the Feb boards.

it's here (pdf file).

Please take into consideration the number of students that take the boards. It doesn't mean that if a certain med school garners 100% passing rate, they are already the best school. For all we know, they might have like 50 or so students. They have more advantage than schools that have a very big population of students, like UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, who has a total of 500+ students. Also, consider the date of the board exam, if it's August or February...because there IS a difference.

Hello,

Is it true that as a foreigner you cannot sit and take the Philippine Exams to get licensure in the Philippines?

What about those that move to the Philippines to live? They just simply cannot become doctors and practice there?

Jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Is it true that as a foreigner you cannot sit and take the Philippine Exams to get licensure in the Philippines?

What about those that move to the Philippines to live? They just simply cannot become doctors and practice there?

Jeff

Hoy Pare, please learn how to start a thread. Most of your postings to date are inappropriately located. Try to make an effort.

You need to be a Filipino citizen to take a PI board exam.

And what people are you talking about?

I apologize for the posting to the wrong place. This is my first time posting on a forum of any kind. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Jeff
It's true but laws may change in the future when doctor shortage hits hard. I doubt it would happen in 10 years.

Please take into consideration the number of students that take the boards. It doesn't mean that if a certain med school garners 100% passing rate, they are already the best school. For all we know, they might have like 50 or so students. They have more advantage than schools that have a very big population of students, like UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, who has a total of 500+ students. Also, consider the date of the board exam, if it's August or February...because there IS a difference.

i didn't say anything like that AT ALL. that was a reply to some entirely different discussion. okay? :rolleyes:

@iwnt2bfree, a foreigner can sit for a licensure exam as long as his country also allows for Filipinos to take exams for practice in that country. Rule of reciprocity... which i discovered while "studying" legal med, haha :thumbup:

can't find the school rankings for the August 2009 Boards. i believe that's the best indicator for a good medical school. but i'm just so proud of the ~71% passing rate of my colleagues! (the link of those who passed can be found HERE.)

and to reiterate what our seniors and consultants have told us in the past, the board exams is NEVER a good indicator of how good you will be as a healer. my favorite neurosurgeon said, "being a topnotcher doesn't ensure a good practice."

what matters is what you do with that frikkin license! :D

pero still... IT FEELS SO GREAT TO HAVE PASSED! THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD! :laugh:

@iwnt2bfree, a foreigner can sit for a licensure exam as long as his country also allows for Filipinos to take exams for practice in that country. Rule of reciprocity... which i discovered while "studying" legal med, haha :thumbup:

Hahaha....nice try KC, but try to pull that one over on someone else.

Seriously, don't you think that we have all read the same (out of date!!!) textbooks by Solis. Those texts and the information within have absolutely no relevance.

What on earth is the rule of reciprocity? Interpretation is everything. Which interpretation should be used? Yours? Mine? The Supreme Court? Good luck to you on that. File a case today and the Supreme Court will make it's ruling about the time you retire. The rule of law in the PI is WEAK. (That's what allows Vicki Bello to stay in business).

They lecture about reciprocity in legal med, but did anyone in your class question the lecturer about what it actually means and how it is applied to foreigners? I bet not, because questions are generally frowned upon in a Filipino classroom. It upsets the status quo.

List the countries that have reciprocity with the PI? Where can such a list be found? How does a foreigner prove that his country has reciprocity with the PI? What's the process? When denied, what's the process of appeal?

Maybe you have the answers, but I have NEVER talked to anyone else that had them.

Your reference to the trivia contained in Solis obscures a fundamental truth. It is bascially impossible for a foreigner to sit a PI board exam.

"The Philippines for the Filipino."

Congrats on passing the board. Rote Memorization is a real talent.

Climb your way up the ladder and never question your superiors. Cory is dead and we haven't changed. :laugh:

Really, KC......:thumbdown:

I am not a lawyer but I learned legal med from one... surprise, NOT Solis. I suppose that shocks you? :rolleyes:

This is from our Medical Juris lecture:

R.A. No. 2382, which provides who may be candidates for the medical board examinations, merely requires a foreign citizen to submit competent and conclusive documentary evidence, confirmed by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), showing that his country's existing laws permit citizens of the Philippines to practice medicine under the same rules and regulations governing citizens thereof.
Have you taken the Philippine boards? If yes, how long ago? Do indulge me with your experience. Because I don't think simple memorization can make a person pass it. That has never been the way we were taught in UP Med. ;)

And oh, it's been done. Foreigners have been given license to practice medicine in our country. As for the list and all your other questions, just ask a lawyer... and I'm sure he'd say he thinks it's time that Solis isn't the only thing doctors read for legal med and med juris.

Last edited:
There will be some reciprocity soon among ASEAN but I will believe it when I see some lists. I have an Indian and Pakistani classmates who were born and grew up in the Philippines but were not allowed to take the local boards (even with an internship there). Go figure. Maybe because nobody challenged PRC in court but I have not found a practitioner who is not a naturalized or dual citizen practicing there.

i have gone through my old legal med notes and i found the case. Googled it for those who are interested to know of how reciprocity applies here (link for the Board of Medicine vs. Yasuyuki Ota case). it's been done. just last 2008. so it definitely won't be found in Solis' books.

i understand this is already off-topic. well, it's an update on the law pertaining our profession. and what is medicine without constant updates, right? hehe

Just to continue to be OT:laugh: The Japanese guy finished medicine in 1991 and got his decision in 2008?? Yipeee!!!:laugh: Finally, he can practice.
However, the Japanese Government allows a foreigner to practice medicine in Japan after complying with the local requirements such as holding a valid visa for the purpose of taking the medical board exam, checking the applicant's qualifications to take the examination, taking the national board examination in Japanese and filing an application for the issuance of the medical license.
It might be legal but those Japanese requirements are freaking tough. It's very difficult to be proficient in Japanese to pass their exam plus the needed visa to take the exam (permanent residency). The Japanese guy got lucky as the Supreme Court did not have the common sense to see that it is VERY difficult to attain those requirements.

but the requirements make sense. how else will you practice in japan if you don't speak japanese? the japanese aren't exactly good with english. it doesn't mean that just because the requirements are difficult to most filipino doctors, doesn't mean it can't be done. ;)

as for this thread, i believe the performance of medical schools are best assessed with the school rankings in the local board exams. after having gone through that hell recently, it is only now that i felt the years of "slavery" in medical school and the hospital (!!!) truly paid off to prepare me for getting this license.

so yes, working your ass off in your undergrad course to get accepted into a very competitive, good medical school is definitely highly advised. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
but the requirements make sense. how else will you practice in japan if you don't speak japanese? the japanese aren't exactly good with english. it doesn't mean that just because the requirements are difficult to most filipino doctors, doesn't mean it can't be done. ;)

as for this thread, i believe the performance of medical schools are best assessed with the school rankings in the local board exams. after having gone through that hell recently, it is only now that i felt the years of "slavery" in medical school and the hospital (!!!) truly paid off to prepare me for getting this license.

so yes, working your ass off in your undergrad course to get accepted into a very competitive, good medical school is definitely highly advised. :thumbup:
What I'm getting at is True reciprocity will only come with ASEAN when you might even be exempted from taking any licensure exam. On a legal point, I don't mind about the Japanese doctor practicing in our country. It's not easy for them to learn English too but it's more doable than Filipino taking a Japanese exam.

Last edited:
My point remains valid.

It's basically impossible for a foreigner to practice medicine in the Philippines. And the Supreme Court (that took 17 years to reach a decision!!!!!) case that KC refers to proves the point.

If a foreigner tries to get a medical license tomorrow on the basis of that court case, they would be laughed out of the office.

Supreme Court decisions are routinely ignored in the PI. The rule of law in the PI is very WEAK.

The ASEAN plans seem to be quite far in the future.

Read your history book KC. The Philippines for the Filipino. That's the unspoken basis of the unenforceable "reciprocity" law.

Solis and all those photocopied notes from your lawyer professor are only good for one thing...memorizing for the board.

Again, (and more sincerely :)) congrats. But now, you're in the real world. All that Legal Med theory counts for squat.

Saipan, you seem to claim sufficient knowledge of the "real world". I presume this comes from years of practicing medicine in Philippine soil?

I must admit I am seriously alarmed at all the cynicism being presented here. I'm even thinking that the reason why the law in our country must be weak is because of all the disregard and distrust that Filipino doctors have for the law.

But then, who am I to say such things when I am just the newbie right? :cool:

Saipan, you seem to claim sufficient knowledge of the "real world". I presume this comes from years of practicing medicine in Philippine soil?

I must admit I am seriously alarmed at all the cynicism being presented here. I'm even thinking that the reason why the law in our country must be weak is because of all the disregard and distrust that Filipino doctors have for the law.

But then, who am I to say such things when I am just the newbie right? :cool:

You can say anything you like here KC. I value your contributions.

The PI has lots of good laws covering almost every conceivable segment of society. It's the rule of law that is weak. This means that laws are rarely enforced properly. In the PI this occurs both at the level of enforcement (PNP) and the judiciary (the court system), and is due to both rampant corruption and incompetence.

As to whether this is a cynical opinion or a factual one, well, a thorough reading of the newspapers should help you make up your mind.

I knew someone who is trying to get scholarship at UST because she acquired her pre-med at UST but was denied and she end up going to Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City and got a full scholarship. Guess what? She was one of the Topnotcher when she took the medical board 2 years ago.
Yes, you will excell no matter what school you are going to. I am from Las Vegas and I see a lot of UST, FEU and UERM practicing doctors here. Good luck!
I also know someone who finished pre-med, residency and even diplomate at UP and trying to take USMLE 2 attempts but unsuccessful. My analysis is that he works 2 jobs, have a big family and probably why he could not concentrate to review.

I knew someone who is trying to get scholarship at UST because she acquired her pre-med at UST but was denied and she end up going to Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City and got a full scholarship. Guess what? She was one of the Topnotcher when she took the medical board 2 years ago.
Yes, you will excell no matter what school you are going to. I am from Las Vegas and I see a lot of UST, FEU and UERM practicing doctors here. Good luck!
I also know someone who finished pre-med, residency and even diplomate at UP and trying to take USMLE 2 attempts but unsuccessful. My analysis is that he works 2 jobs, have a big family and probably why he could not concentrate to review.

The longer you are out of school, the more difficult it is to pass the USMLE. Try to get the steps out of the way ASAP.

I know it's a bit late, but congratulations to those who passed the Feb 2010 boards! :)

Hi! I'll be a freshman this June but i still haven't chosen the school that's best for me. I've read a lot of info. about those med schools from the thread of "filipino med schools" which really had helped me a lot. My greatest dilemma now is to know the difference of these top 3 schools as of "NOW". A lot of things changes as time passes. A reply from that thread was posted 2 years ago but I need some FRESH news. Of course asking those schools will be a whole lot easier but an experience is still the best. I know that career still depends on the student but schools really have factors. I also care about each's reputation. Any fresh graduates here? pls.? help? I got one week left to decide. NMAT is not a problem.

Here are the top 3 medical schools according to PRC ranking during the August 2009 Medical Board Examination:

Triple tie in the first place: (100+ examinees category)
UST - 99% - 339 examinees, 135 passed
UP - 99% - 158 examinees, 156 passed
PLM - 99% - 100 examinees, 99 passed

Here are the rankings of the other popular schools of medicine in the Philippines:

UERM - 92% - 129 examinees, 119 passed
FEU - 89% - 140 examinees, 125 passed
DLSU - 75% - 106 examinees, 79 passed
St. Luke's - 100% - 31 examinees, all passed

Hope I helped out!

Here are the top 3 medical schools according to PRC ranking during the August 2009 Medical Board Examination:

Triple tie in the first place: (100+ examinees category)
UST - 99% - 339 examinees, 135 passed
UP - 99% - 158 examinees, 156 passed
PLM - 99% - 100 examinees, 99 passed

Here are the rankings of the other popular schools of medicine in the Philippines:

UERM - 92% - 129 examinees, 119 passed
FEU - 89% - 140 examinees, 125 passed
DLSU - 75% - 106 examinees, 79 passed
St. Luke's - 100% - 31 examinees, all passed

Hope I helped out!

Here is the February 2010 Medical Board Exam Results of Top Performing schools:

St. Lukes (SLCM) - 100% - 32 examinees, 32 passed
UST - 94% - 34 examinees, 32 passed
PLM - 86% - 14 examinees, 12 passed
UP - 83% - 6 examinees, 5 passed
FEU - 70% - 97 examinees, 68 passed
UERM - 67% - 51 examinees, 34 passed

Here is the February 2010 Medical Board Exam Results of Top Performing schools:

St. Lukes (SLCM) - 100% - 32 examinees, 32 passed
UST - 94% - 34 examinees, 32 passed
PLM - 86% - 14 examinees, 12 passed
UP - 83% - 6 examinees, 5 passed
FEU - 70% - 97 examinees, 68 passed
UERM - 67% - 51 examinees, 34 passed

The UP PGH grads are 100%. PRC mistakenly included the grad from SHS-Leyte who didn't pass.

In Philippines, they place too much emphasis on which medical schools have graduates who consistently top the boards. Annually, the ten highest-scoring examinees are even announced publicly and deeply regarded (even worshiped!) by everybody to the point that some even memorize their names!:eek:

Moreover, their previous elections were rigged with too much irregularities and there allegedly was vote-buying in favor of a certain high ranking official who consistently placed low in earlier surveys. He ended up winning instead. They idolize that great boxer-turned-politician and watch NBA more than we do in America (even though not a single Filipino plays there).

Go there if you want to have a good medical education but get out as soon as you can. You'll be glad you did :D.

In Philippines, they place too much emphasis on which medical schools have graduates who consistently top the boards. Annually, the ten highest-scoring examinees are even announced publicly and deeply regarded (even worshiped!) by everybody to the point that some even memorize their names!:eek:

Dude, who do you hang out with too much to get this impression? Almost everyone knows that ranking in the top ten will only get you an awesome resume, and would hardly be a reliable indicator of how great a physician you can be. :rolleyes:

And oh, Pacquiao may have won over enough people to win him a congressional seat, but that doesn't mean anyone can deny his superb skill in boxing.

I think the real issue is that being a doctor in the Philippines doesn't pay as much as, say, being an MD in the US. That merits a whole different thread. ;)

i just want an advice po kasi po im in 4th year po BS psych and may mga kulang pa kong subjects... kung kukunin ko po ba sya sa summer sa tingin nyo po makakapasok padin ako sa med school by june? if yes. saan po??

gusto ko po sana sa PLM or sa UP :) thanks sa mga sasagot :D

all u need is a bachelor's degree..that's it..u dont need to take any other subjects.

all u need is a bachelor's degree..that's it..u dont need to take any other subjects.

This is only true except for a few schools. PLM is VERY strict wiith the units. Ateneo and St. Luke's are also require particular subjects.

How difficult is it to get into UST as an international student? My academic record is way below par. I have multiple failing courses and a gpa of 2.5. The reason for my under achievement are numerous distractions including being activated for duty in IRAQ. My MCAT score is a 31. Does anyone know how many foreign students apply and how many get accepted at UST?

How difficult is it to get into UST as an international student? My academic record is way below par. I have multiple failing courses and a gpa of 2.5. The reason for my under achievement are numerous distractions including being activated for duty in IRAQ. My MCAT score is a 31. Does anyone know how many foreign students apply and how many get accepted at UST?

There's no definitive answer as to how they will judge your application. You need to register and complete the NMAT. Generally they are happy to accept foreign students. A high NMAT score will clear up any doubt.

Your MCAT is good, but your GPA is keeping you out of US schools...right? I assume you're FilAm. Most of the foreign students at UST are FilAm. Take away the FilAms and there few international students.

Sample questions are supplied with the NMAT application package, so the sooner you register the sooner you will have study material. Search the old posts for NMAT information.

Thanks Saipan,

You have alot of very informative posts (I have yet to read all of them). I just contacted the guy in charge of the NMAT in L.A. and I'm waiting for the NMAT package. And Yes my GPA is keeping me out of U.S. schools and I suppose I am a "FilAm". Is that a flilipino with U.S. citizenship or one with dual citizenship???

I suppose I am a "FilAm". Is that a flilipino with U.S. citizenship or one with dual citizenship???

Both.

There's no doubt. You're a FilAm.

im kind of in the same boat as leonz.. .does philippines consider D as failing? i have some 3 Ds and 2 Fs (special case_. 2 Ds are from anatomy and physiology when i went to an accelerated pharmacy program at a college in US, but i retook it when i transferred.
the first college i went to was st; louis college of pharmacy. there a D was considered passing because of the hard curriculum during the 2nd year. i then went to university of missouri- columbia and made a complete- turn around for myself..
I had a passing grade on my first attempt in organic chemistry class, but my next two attempts in the next two sessions in the same pharmacy college.
But on the other end i retook anatomy and physiology and got an A.
I took organic chemistry 2 at mizzou, they credit my first orgo grade. i worked hard and got a B in orgo 2.

Hey all, just to add input what you guys are asking, its not a hard time. My GPA (especially my science GPA) was terrible. Put it this way, I took extra classes to get my GPA up to graduate (I was real lazy my first years of college). But, I think I had a decent profile and a pretty good NMAT score, and here I am. (I'm at UST)

Also, there are about 25 or so 1st year Fil-Am's here now so chances are you won't be alone if you choose to come here.

And also, yes they do go nuts over boards results...people were going crazy when UST had the #1 and 4 (i think) of the top 10. Really odd to me, but i guess its a point of pride.

im kind of in the same boat as leonz.. .does philippines consider D as failing? i have some 3 Ds and 2 Fs (special case_. 2 Ds are from anatomy and physiology when i went to an accelerated pharmacy program at a college in US, but i retook it when i transferred.

Only a couple of schools will seriously consider your US GPA. Most medical schools in the PI have empty seats in first year. They will generally accept you, and then it's up to you to succeed. If you're a weak student, you're at greater risk of failing.

Weak students already know who they are and presumably understand the risk when they sign up for medical school.

im kind of in the same boat as leonz.. .does philippines consider D as failing? i have some 3 Ds and 2 Fs

Only a couple of schools will seriously consider your US GPA. Most medical schools in the PI have empty seats in first year. They will generally accept you, and then it's up to you to succeed. If you're a weak student, you're at greater risk of failing.

Weak students already know who they are and presumably understand the risk when they sign up for medical school.

My academic life in a nut shell just to clarify stuff:
St. Louis College of Pharmacy- (first year)it was a demanding curriculum, and I knew i wasnt ready, then i took some classes in a smaller college and got organic chem and physics 1 out of the way, respectively getting a C, B in lab, and A. (second year), they didnt credit orgo 1, then i couldnt survive how stlcop taught orgo. in other areas though student s were allowed one D a sem as a passing grade., i then transferred and took some classes to prepare myself for next school.
MIZZOu- graduated with biology (2.5 years to finish)
MIzzou- accepted to nuclear medicine 2 more years. i had 3.3 gpa going into it, with pre-requisite science gpa of 3.5. then hopefully apply to PI med school

thanks saipan for the advice.

I'm hVing a hard time choosing which college of medicine I should enroll myself in, so is it the new st.Luke's or the well-founded UST? Please help tnx! I need pros and cons...

i just want an advice po kasi po im in 4th year po BS psych and may mga kulang pa kong subjects... kung kukunin ko po ba sya sa summer sa tingin nyo po makakapasok padin ako sa med school by june? if yes. saan po??

gusto ko po sana sa PLM or sa UP :) thanks sa mga sasagot :D

if you're enrolling to classes (to complete needed units for medicine), you need to give it some time. it's not feasible to take it 1-2 months before classes start in june. when you apply to med school, it's required that you have completed the needed number of units. between feb-april, some med schools release their list of eligible applicants. subsequently march to may, enrollment na. especially if you want to apply to UP. some schools are strict about this requirement, and some are not.

my advice is inquire in other med schools, expand your options.

good luck to you!

Are there any Africans or African Americans in philippine medical schools? I am considering applying to med school in the philippine and was wondering how the philippines might view an African American in their med schools.

chi

Are there any Africans or African Americans in philippine medical schools? I am considering applying to med school in the philippine and was wondering how the philippines might view an African American in their med schools.

chi

ey chi,

yeah there are..actually, when i went to fatima this past sept for information, i met one and talked to him about his experience..he didnt really have much to say coz he was studying for a biochem quiz..haha.

but yeah man..there are...so no worries.

pr0j3ktm,

thanks for ur reply, i will definately apply.

This is a strange post... I posted same on facebook and am not making this up...

My small island of Trinidad is cash strapped... however we still need specialists

http://www.scholarships.gov.tt/uplo.../Development_Needs/Development Needs List.pdf

The local university doesn't offer many of these courses
http://sta.uwi.edu/

Since the Philippines does offer some of these courses... at way cheaper rates than anywhere...

the courses seem to be bonafide and taught in English...

I'm thinking about doing a proposal to get the Philippines on the list of scholarships in some sort of bilateral venure.

The thing is other than medical school for the other disciplines like occupational therapy or epidemiology...

what does the philippines offer... and what are the admission criteria..

Can anyone from the Philippines help me?... we have an honorary consulate but nothing more..

i'm quite sure i'm not in the right thread..pero maginquire n rin ako..
i'm a JI atm and needs to apply for my PGIship, ask ko lng if any of you have any feedback to the following hospitals which are my top choices..

1. Metropolitan Hospital
2. Chinese General Hospital
3. Manila Doctors Hospital
4. Capitol Medical Center

i'd prefer a private hospital. change in environment. i'm currently having my clerkship in ommc(ospital ng maynila) and its level of toxicity is far from what i'd prefer in my PGIship. in short, i'm hoping na mas benign.

help will be greatly appreciated, thank you

^ hello! internship in Manila Doctors Hospital is very toxic, surprisingly. even if we've done many ways to make the interns' schedule more lenient, meron pa rin nagqu-quit in the middle, for whatever reason. aside from good exposure to different clinical cases (MDH is considered as the private arm of PGH; since most consultants practising in MDH are consultants also of PGH), the perks of interns are Php2000 monthly allowance, free board in the quarters even if you're not on duty, a free dinner during your duty, and an 18-hr duty time. other rules applicable to the intern depend on your rotation (i.e. you only have 2x/week duty in your internal medicine rotation just to name a few). in the end of your internship, the hospital pays for fees for review for the local boards done at PGH. honestly, there's no guarantee that you will be able to open your books/review for the local boards during your internship, but the cases you encounter will help you understand what you read in your books.

goodluck on your application.

I'm really considering MaDocs because of the proximity pero un nga, i've heard na marami daw nagquiquit..As I was told, PGI's role is not far from JI's in OMMC and it's more on paperworks, no procedures or seldom they're given. well sa bagay, pay patients lahat dun. Can you clarify poung 18-hr duty?so like may from status?or after the 18 hours, from status pa?this was not mentioned skin before..

Thank you for your reply.. =)

Sorry, I haven't found this mentioned anywhere, so I'm hoping some of you can help me. I am hoping to practice in the US (FilAm). Which PI med schools have clinical rotations in the US other than OLFU?

I am currently at St. George's University in Grenada, and I am completing my first year of medicine in December. It's SO expensive, and there are 600 students in my class, so I'm hoping to study/transfer for my second year and onwards in the Philippines. I did undergrad at Rutgers University in NJ for biomedical engineering, 3.4 GPA, 27 MCAT (9 9 9).

Also, I know OLFU has Stafford loans. Do any of the other schools?

How many schools accept international students? I can apply for dual citizenship I think because my dad was only a citizen of the PI when I was born.

Sorry, I haven't found this mentioned anywhere, so I'm hoping some of you can help me. I am hoping to practice in the US (FilAm). Which PI med schools have clinical rotations in the US other than OLFU?

I am currently at St. George's University in Grenada, and I am completing my first year of medicine in December. It's SO expensive, and there are 600 students in my class, so I'm hoping to study/transfer for my second year and onwards in the Philippines. I did undergrad at Rutgers University in NJ for biomedical engineering, 3.4 GPA, 27 MCAT (9 9 9).

Also, I know OLFU has Stafford loans. Do any of the other schools?

How many schools accept international students? I can apply for dual citizenship I think because my dad was only a citizen of the PI when I was born.
Only OLFU (Fatima) and UERM have US clinical rotations. Only Fatima has Stafford loans.
Most schools there accept internationals except maybe UP (which is very competitive even for locals). Dual citizenship may help you with not having the hassle of renewing your visa every few months but schools there will still charge you some "donation fee".