What are the top 3 med schools in the Philippines as of "NOW"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi. any one out there who is willing to give me a non- biased advice? il enter med school this june 2008. i was accepted both at feu-nrmf and uerm. now, i don't know what to choose. i believe both are really good schools but i know only one is better than the other. who among those two do you think it is? which school is more prestigious? which is more technologically advanced? who are more intellectually superior? which among those two has the highest percent in terms of passing the boards for consecutive of years? WHICH OF THE TWO SCHOOLS HAS A MORE DISCIPLINED MEDICAL STUDENTS (I don't want rascal classmates). and most importantly, which one is more internationally known? please guys, i need your advice.

with regards to your "i dont want rascal classmates" statement. 1st of all let me tell u that becoming a doctor or any health care provider for that matter would require a non judgemental character. although i know that most practicioners still tend to be judgemental. in what way would rascals trouble you? worst comes to worst they would get kicked out of med school...it has no effect on u...and in the future u will get pasaway patients...u cant say u dont want to treat them because they are like tht...rascals too have their reasons for being rascals...maybe a little consideration should be given to the psychological aspect of the human person...thats all :D

Members don't see this ad.

guys, im from mindanao. i need a good med school in which is located in the island.

my choices are as follows:

davao med sch foundation
xavier university-ateneo de cagayan
zambo med sch-ateneo de zambo
ozamiz university medical center

which is the most competitive among these schools? feedbacks pls...

dont recommended state university. they have this 2:1 ratio which means you will serve the government for 2 years for every year in study.

thanks!

among your choices, il choose xavier university. it was stated previously in this forum that the said university was the centr for development. personally, i can say that xavier university also has a good passing rat because i have a copy of the prc's passing rate of each medical school for the medical boards of 2007. if my memory is right, xavier university garnered a percentage of about 70+. davao is my 2nd choice. i dunno d odrs. i had a copy of the whole universities and colleges offering med course. i got it from the cem when i was to take nmat.there was no ozamis university medical center in the list. tip: be sure of ur choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ if i were you, i wouldn't base my preference on each school's performance in the physicians' licensure exams. the rates are just plain and simple stats of how many graduates from this school passed/studied well/had luck on their side/prayed well, and how many failed. in itself, it does not reflect which school is more competitive. like one colleague said, it's "only in the philippines" that the top performing schools are announced. but in practice, who cares where u graduated? ok maybe a chosen few do but it does not really matter where u studied. another, the rates change. what's stated in PRC may not be true after 5 yrs (when you guys take your exams).

just my opinion.

bleud,

in nursing, the ranking of the schools are based on five years performance. in medicine, is there also a ranking in medical schools based on 5 years performance? if there is, do you know where i can get the source?

i have a msg 4u. juz check it out.

hmm.. i don't think the PMA (phil medical assoc) nor PRC does that. i haven't heard of any stats/ranking based on a 5-yr performance. they're more concerned in solving the decreasing number of medical school applicants in the country, continuing exodus of MDs to other countries and career shifts to nursing.

it's up to you (and your batch) to make your school proud in your performance in the boards. not the PRC.

i already have a response to your PM.

Ei Tnx.. Its Nys To Talk With You In This Forum.

I Think I Got Another Msg 4 U Which U Haven't Read Yet.

^ please stick to the topic and refrain from using "text speak" language.

may reply na po ako.. hahaha! miron.. :D

what are the top three or top ten schools in terms of passing rate during the february 2008 exam?

^ PRC did not release the list of top 3 performing schools during last month's licensure exams.

Hi, i'm new here, and i'm actually setting my sights on PLM, i'm gonna take the MCAT next week. i Heard its pretty difficult. any tips? Unfortunately, i cannot locate the 'post new thread' option. waaaaaaah XD

Hi, i'm new here, and i'm actually setting my sights on PLM, i'm gonna take the MCAT next week. i Heard its pretty difficult. any tips? Unfortunately, i cannot locate the 'post new thread' option. waaaaaaah XD

Hi! If you wanna post a new thread, you have to go back to the list where you saw the title of this thread in. You can't post a new thread while you're reading another. Hope I made sense. LOL :D

MCAT is challenging. All I can really say for now is to review for the exam as much as you can. I hope you have reviewed some time before today. If not, don't panic. :p Just keep your cool and review with friends and even teachers who are willing to help. Good luck!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
check this out: form www.feu-alumni.com :

FEUNRMF Registration
Count for Year 2005
At the February 10, 2005 Board Meeting of the FEUNR- Medical Foundation, Institute of Medicine Dean Remedios T. Habacon, reported that the registration of as that date include the following: 1136 for the School of Nursing; 133 for the School of Medical Technology, 276 (local) for the Institute of Medicine (five foreigners: 4 Fil-Ams and one from India).
At the last meeting of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges, CHED Commissioner Rolando dela Rosa presented the 5-year summary of board passing rank of medical schools. The three top schools with the highest passing averages were UP, UST and FEU, in that order.
The August 7, 2004 Medical Licensure Board Examination had a 51.43% passing. There were 2300 examinees and 1183 of them passed.

The figures for FEU alone are as follows the past four years:
FEU Passing
National Average​
August 2004
51.4​
February 2004
51.94​
August 2003
55.69​
February 2003
57.23​
August 2002
59.11​
February 2002
66.19​
August 2001
64.9​
February 2001
55.81​

http://www.feu-alumni.com/whatsnews/08-04-2004.htmfrom www.wikipedia.com :
Through the years, it has contributed some of the finest names in the healthcare field: four Secretaries of Health, seven Philippine Medical Association Presidents, six Presidents of the Philippine College of Surgeons, two Presidents of the Society of Philippine Surgeons in America, four Presidents of the Association of Philippine Physicians in America, and one President of the World Medical Association. In 1986, the Board of Medical Education, DECS, and the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges gave the Institute the highest level of accreditation, and awarded it as a Center of Excellence in Medical Education.

[edit] West Fairview Campus and Medical Complex in Quezon City

Institute of Medicine atrium

Institute of Medicine facade

Facade

In December 22, 1996, Dr. Josephine Reyes (NRMF Chairman and former FEU President), presided over the groundbreaking of the new P500 million modern medical school and hospital. Also present were some members of the Board of Trustees which included the late Dr. Ricardo Alfonso, Hector del Rosario, and Nicanor Reyes III; hospital officials like Dr. Lilian Luna, then Medical director, and Dr. Flordeliza Baltazar, then dean of the Institute of Medicine.
In 2001, the new facilities of the Medical Foundation were formally inaugurated which was attended by former President Corazon Aquino as guest of honor.
At present, the hospital operates with 141 pay beds, 99 charity beds, and boasts of state-of-the-art facilities at par with leading tertiary hospitals.
The last meeting of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges, CHED presented the 5-year summary of board passing rank of medical schools. "FEU-IM ranked 3rd overall with the highest passing averages after UP and UST."
Degree Programs in the Institute of Medicine

Regardless of the so-called rankings, FEU is a very good school. They used to accept a lot of students then "strain" or pyramidalize them. I'm not sure if that is still true as most schools have less applicants nowadays.

know what? just wondering. why are you guys, spexaly d fil-ams on the other thread, more interested with uerm rather than feu? when it comes to age, feu is more older than uerm. and when it comes to facilities, feu has better facilities also...:confused:hmm.. juz wonderin...

uerm:

[edit] College of Medicine

The centerpiece of the UERM Memorial Medical Center is the College of Medicine. Recognized as a Center of Excellence in Research by the Department of Science and Technology and has Level II Accreditation by PAASCU, Innovative Curriculum. The first and only private Medical School with a PAASCU Accredited Program, Level II. From the time the UERM College of Medicine produced its first graduates, it immediately established itself as one of the finest medical schools in the country. Soon, it was acknowledged as one of the best three schools of medicine, mentioned in the same breath as University of the Philippines & University of Santo Tomas.
All the Medicine graduates of 1996 passed the Medical Licensure Examination given last February 1997. The Professional Regulation Commission awarded the Center a plaque in recognition of the feat, the fifth time for the center since 1993.

know what? just wondering. why are you guys, spexaly d fil-ams on the other thread, more interested with uerm rather than feu? when it comes to age, feu is more older than uerm. and when it comes to facilities, feu has better facilities also...:confused:hmm.. juz wonderin...
For local Filipinos, FEU might make more sense but for Fil-Ams, they prefer UERM as they have the option to take most of their clerkship (clinicals) with affiliated hospitals in NY and Chicago. These are more expensive rotations but at least they have the option to do that.

I dnt even know how to reply to posts...hehe..my apologies...anyway, im planning to go to UERM for med school and im from California....I am a Fil-Am and I dnt know the procedures for getting in.... =(

check this out: form www.feu-alumni.com :

FEUNRMF Registration
Count for Year 2005
At the February 10, 2005 Board Meeting of the FEUNR- Medical Foundation, Institute of Medicine Dean Remedios T. Habacon, reported that the registration of as that date include the following: 1136 for the School of Nursing; 133 for the School of Medical Technology, 276 (local) for the Institute of Medicine (five foreigners: 4 Fil-Ams and one from India).
At the last meeting of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges, CHED Commissioner Rolando dela Rosa presented the 5-year summary of board passing rank of medical schools. The three top schools with the highest passing averages were UP, UST and FEU, in that order.
The August 7, 2004 Medical Licensure Board Examination had a 51.43% passing. There were 2300 examinees and 1183 of them passed.

The figures for FEU alone are as follows the past four years:

FEU Passing
National Average​

August 2004
51.4​

February 2004
51.94​

August 2003
55.69​

February 2003
57.23​

August 2002
59.11​

February 2002
66.19​

August 2001
64.9​

February 2001
55.81​

from www.wikipedia.com :
Through the years, it has contributed some of the finest names in the healthcare field: four Secretaries of Health, seven Philippine Medical Association Presidents, six Presidents of the Philippine College of Surgeons, two Presidents of the Society of Philippine Surgeons in America, four Presidents of the Association of Philippine Physicians in America, and one President of the World Medical Association. In 1986, the Board of Medical Education, DECS, and the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges gave the Institute the highest level of accreditation, and awarded it as a Center of Excellence in Medical Education.

[edit] West Fairview Campus and Medical Complex in Quezon City

Institute of Medicine atrium

Institute of Medicine facade

Facade

In December 22, 1996, Dr. Josephine Reyes (NRMF Chairman and former FEU President), presided over the groundbreaking of the new P500 million modern medical school and hospital. Also present were some members of the Board of Trustees which included the late Dr. Ricardo Alfonso, Hector del Rosario, and Nicanor Reyes III; hospital officials like Dr. Lilian Luna, then Medical director, and Dr. Flordeliza Baltazar, then dean of the Institute of Medicine.
In 2001, the new facilities of the Medical Foundation were formally inaugurated which was attended by former President Corazon Aquino as guest of honor.
At present, the hospital operates with 141 pay beds, 99 charity beds, and boasts of state-of-the-art facilities at par with leading tertiary hospitals.
The last meeting of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges, CHED presented the 5-year summary of board passing rank of medical schools. "FEU-IM ranked 3rd overall with the highest passing averages after UP and UST."
Degree Programs in the Institute of Medicine

Friends.
I wanna know which medical universities/colleges/schools have one or two years diploma in gastroenterology,endocrinology,cardiology.
I am done with my MD.
Please give me idea of total expenditures,duration,passing ratio.??
Thanks

^ you can inquire at any training hospital if they offer fellowship programs for gastroenterology, endocrinology, cardiology (after you have finished 3 years of residency training in internal medicine & have taken the PCP exam).

Last edited:
angiostent just want to inform all the members of this forum and to all those who will visit this thread that FEU-nrmf Institute of Medicine again ranked third in the february 2008 medical board exam and still has its deregulated status and is one of the center of excellence in medicine in the whole archipelago!!:thumbup::thumbup:

what is the tuition fee in PLM?

I came across this forum while checking on the top med schools in the Philippines and it is interesting to read on all the different points of views. I am also a proud graduate of PLM-CM years back and even then it was a new and struggling med school but most of us had the heart and ambition of being an excellent physician. I was also accepted at UP-CM but cannot afford the tuition. One of 3 who opted out and the other 2 went to the US for med school. I did my internship at PGH then afterwards did my 2 year service as a payback. I did not mind this at all because it gave me a good perspective of the practice of medicine in the Philippines. During that 2 years I also took and pass the USMLE. Really had to save my meager salary to afford this. I passed it with flying colors and did the interview circuit for a residency program. None of the program directors that I interviewed with that time knew anything about PLM but I was offered a position in all the 22 programs I interviewed. I accepted a position at a University Hospital in New York City. At that time only foreign graduates from UP-CM were being accepted in their program and they are about 2% of the residents. Most of them are in the top 10 grads of UP. I became chief resident then went to Cleveland Clinic for an interventional Cardiology fellowship and then moved to another state to practice. I'm now the chair of the Department of Medicine in our hospital. I am one of so many Philippine graduates who are doing well and have done well in the United States. Regardless of which med school you come from, it is a sad fact that the US has been through the years the beneficiary of the best and the brightest doctors from the Philippines. I write so many LOR's but i always feel proud when I am doing it for a Filipino grad. During my time, there were many residency and fellowship slots but that has significantly changed thru the years because of funding. Nowadays, it will almost take an act of God to be accepted in a university hospital training program if you are an FMG.
Hello.

Am new here.

I am also an alumnus of the prestigious yet underdogged PLM-CM. IMHO, PLM-CM is a GREAT school to consider for your post-grad medical studies. It has top notch instructors, IMHO, that's it sad to say.

First of all, it's facilities are crappy, cadavers are crappy, teaching materials are crappy, administration is crappy (but the PEOPLE behind it are the best, if you get the drift). But what do you expect from a school subsidized by the corrupt government of manila by the Atienza administration (maganda nga ang kalsada, bulok naman ang sistema). The training hospital for clerical training is also crappy (Ospital ng Maynila), but in this institution you WILL find the best doctors that CAN and WILL HEAL patients in a very, sad to say, sub-par hospital, which is, sad to say, again subsidized by the city of Manila. You will die in clerkship (in my time), but believe me you will be born again with enough knowledge than residents from other private institutions, that's how good the experience is if you study in PLM (mind you of the REQUIRED 6 months to 2 YEARS payback).

But again, that's it sad to say. In the topic of US-based medicine, there are many PLM alumni who are currently practicing abroad, but believe me they are STRUGGLING doctors because they are still financially unstable, not clinically and medically insufficient. That's why they chose PLM in the first place, because of the low tuition fee (which is currently about 10 to 15k per sem nowadays, basic, bisem) compared to other private institution (FEU and UST, about 40k to 50k per sem, basic, bisem,... WTF!). Even my entire clan don't have that kind of money.

In response to the 100% passing rate in the Feb boards, keep in mind that 13 of those 20plus persons are repeaters, so if that counts to anything, i don't fu*#@ng care. I still am a PLM alumnus, and the board exam was and will never be a gauge of how good you are as a medical student, it just gauge how hard you reviewed for that exam and how lucky you were to review the questions that came up in the boards. It's still up to you if you want to pass the boards or not.

So, finally, the top three med schools for me are...

1. UP-CM (I was also an undergraduate at UP Manila, so, hehehe...)
2. PLM-CM
3. UST-FMS

Last edited:
I'm a current freshman student of Fatima. I'm in the special/foreign class which has started Sept. 1. So far, I like the school and the instruction is really great...great professors..very friendly, approchable and knowledgable. Most of all we don't have a Saturday class so I have some time to do parallel study for the USMLE....the class is cool because we all came from different states in the US. I'm curious to know what is all about that bad reputation about this school that I'm seeing in this forum? As for me, this is a great school with good facilities and the best professors.

^ 1 bad reputation is that those students who failed at other med schools go there. another is how they force local grads when to take the local boards based on their performance in the mock boards.

^ 1 bad reputation is that those students who failed at other med schools go there. another is how they force local grads when to take the local boards based on their performance in the mock boards.

Are there any other schools (in the P.I.) like this? i would avoid them at all costs

Are there any other schools (in the P.I.) like this? i would avoid them at all costs
This is applicable to locals only. Foreign grads are not required to take the local boards.
They do this for local Filipinos as their pass rates is very bad and they want to make up for it by having few topnotchers (only in da philippines where they publish topnotchers) on the newspapers.

i think it would be below the belt if we are going to mention the med schools who are poorly performing. i think it would be better for us to give you the list of the top performing schools in the philippines instead. i'll try to look for the performance of the medical schools in the philippines, down load it and post it here. but if you're goin to ask my opinion, up ust feu uerm and plm are the best med schools in metro manila but if we are goin to include all the med schools in the philippines, cebu doctors, cim, slu are also top performing med schools. in the mindanao, mindanao state university is also a good medical school. i hope this info would help you. but if you really want to know the med schools who are poorly performing, i'll send it to you through pm.:)

I think a frank discussion of whats good and what sucks about different schools is very pertinent to this board.

My experience suggests that "top" and "bottom" are difficult concepts to measure. Board passing is as much a reflection of the incoming student body, as it is of the capacity of the school to educate. Being "top" is also a self-fulfilling prophesy - top schools draw top students which maintain the school at the top, regardless of the educational experience. I learned it first had when I enrolled in CIM, a school that consistently claims a 100% board passing rate. I feel its success is primarily due to the quality of the student body, because we as students received very little assistance from the docs. No lectures, no handouts, just exams. Discussions were moderated by docs, but they didn't always step in and correct if someone said something wrong. Facilities were also quite drab, cadavers stinky - and for the first bimonthly period there were just 2 of them for a class of 90+!!!

Now, I am attending SWU-MHAM, a school that accepts many students from "top" schools who didn't make it. Its not a top rated school, but not a bottom one either. However, I find that Im LEARNING a lot more here. Facilities are decent. Labs are open after hours and weekends for individual study. Handouts and lectures supplement book assignments. Docs can be approached with questions. In short, I have what I need to help me learn what I must.

My point is not that CIM is the worst or that MHAM is the best - there are better and worse schools out there. Im just saying that rank alone says little about the education experience. We need to be frank about our schools. Do docs at school X habitually miss lecture time? Does the administration of school Y pass too many failing students? Did school Z get enough cadavers?

Lets be more detailed in our descriptions so we know. As far as Fatima goes, my only (and major) objection to that school is the tuition expense. Its so excessive by local standard, I am questioning the integrity of the program as a whole.

I'm a graduating student (BS NURSING) this coming march 2009.
I'm planning to take up medicine after nursing since my parents are both doctors.
I already submitted my application at UST. I'm aware of the requirements (NMAT, TOR, etc)..
But can anyone tell me more about the process on how UST-FMS selects its applicants? and what are the chances that students from other schools will be accepted at UST-FMS?
What are the preparations if there would be any?
Is UST-FMS...

ust fms accepts 500 students. it is composed of 400 ust premeds and 100 non ust premeds. i hope this figure would help you. i just don't know if the figures varied on the past school years. but it's a good approximation. preparations: good nmat, good grades.

I'm a graduating student (BS NURSING) this coming march 2009.
I'm planning to take up medicine after nursing since my parents are both doctors.
I already submitted my application at UST. I'm aware of the requirements (NMAT, TOR, etc)..
But can anyone tell me more about the process on how UST-FMS selects its applicants? and what are the chances that students from other schools will be accepted at UST-FMS?
What are the preparations if there would be any?
Is UST-FMS...

process include submitting all requirements, undergoing interview and the entrance exam (actually, it's just a psychological exam).

i'd say you have an equal chance in being accepted. i dont know about the "400 ust premeds and 100 non-ust premeds" discussed above but as long as you have good premed grades, high NMAT score and have undergone other requirements you'll do fine. there are no strict preparations. just stay calm, be focused and show your determination. my sister and i had our pre-meds in other schools but we got accepted at UST FMS. :)

goodluck!

What does "top rated" schools really mean anyway? I know very good physicians who graduated from unknown, obscure schools in the PI. Of course, the schools that are established and existed for years with a medical program and have proven track records based on their graduates should not be ignored. If that is the only criteria then the decision will be a no-brainer. What would the reasons be to explore beyond that? Cost mainly? How much less would an unknown be?

It seems that the main factors to look for in selecting include:
- up keep of facilities
- availability of training facilities such as a hospital
- quality of professors (find out what school they came from)
- how big is the teaching staff and how many are full time vs part time (thinking that more full time is better)
- for FilAms, the availability or proximity of good housing.

Feel free to comment or add...

St. Luke's is considered one of the Philippines' best hospital. Yes, their medical school is quite new, and has around 30-35% board exam flank rate!!! :cool:
mas maganda pa performance ng school namin MCU sa St. Lukes eh

ok ba sa san beda?
Mag Manila Central University ka na lang mas established kami kesa beda at marami nang alumni here and abroad.Look at the training hospital of the school and consider it.Do they have a lot of patients?Baka naman puro modern equipments lang tapos ala naman pasyente.
icon7.gif

i'm a graduating pre-med student and took the nmat last december. i only got a score of 50 and passed an application form to UERM. it was the last day of passing for applications so i didnt have time to check on other schools..... is it really true that if i passed an application and the nmat score that i have is lower than the required, they really wouldnt look at my application form ?? its the only med school where i apllied to but i plan to retake my nmat this april.... will i still have the chance to get in ? what are the schools' (UERM) bases for admitting ??

i'm a graduating pre-med student and took the nmat last december. i only got a score of 50 and passed an application form to UERM. it was the last day of passing for applications so i didnt have time to check on other schools..... is it really true that if i passed an application and the nmat score that i have is lower than the required, they really wouldnt look at my application form ?? its the only med school where i apllied to but i plan to retake my nmat this april.... will i still have the chance to get in ? what are the schools' (UERM) bases for admitting ??
Their cutoff for local Filipino applicants is 55. I read from another forum that if your NMAT is below 55, they will ask you to retake in April and make sure you get a 55.
Other schools will still accept you. Try inquiring with those not strict with NMAT like FEU-NRMF, DLSU-HSC, and Fatima.

Hi! I'm hoping to be accepted into either Cebu Institute of Medicine or Cebu Doctors' University for school year 2009-2010. I'm also applying at Xavier University - Jose P. Rizal School of Medicine.

Does anyone have any feedback (negative and/or positive) with regards to these schools? What's a typical schoolday like, in each of these three schools?

I still have A LOT of questions, but I guess I'll stop with these two first...

Thank you in advance!

oh , okay .. so then i really have to make sure that i get a score higher than 55......

the school told me that they will give me a call to inform me about the schedule of the interview... but they still aren't giving me one !! damn.. napa-paranoid nako .. feeling ko i'm applying for a job, and they're not calling me because i'm not qualified!! hehe :laugh:

but hey, i'm thinking of other schools ... gusto ko sana sa fatima, peo sa forum na to , parang puro negative ata cnsbi bout the school...... anu nga b tlga ?

Last edited:
1st: UP
2nd: UST
3rd: PLM
4th: UE
5th: FEU

this has been the ranking almost every year.

excellent, real info. I am making a last-minute dash to try and get into a '09 class.

Can you please-please help me with any contact names, cell, emails.
I am going to go over in-person end of the month to do things live.

looking at UERM - UST.
lost job, just discovered the Philipines med schools.

For my undergrad, I took up BS Biology in UPD, you could say I was one of the fortunate few who were admitted to that course. Most of us had our sights set into being a doctor, eventhough we underwent rigid training in thinking like scientists, researchers you could say. My motto back then and until now was "best foot forward" but the first three years was a struggle, especially with Calculus (which i flunked twice), Organic Chem (flunked once) and Genetics (flunked once).....

Needless to say, even if I got a 96% NMAT score, I wasn't even considered for the UPCM applicant interview.....

And imagine how hard it would be for a person aspiring to be a doctor to be told that in order for me to continue with pursuing my medical studies, I would have to have a scholarship.Yep, its harsh and it happened to me.....

And now all of my hopes (and childhood dreams, perhaps) of becoming a doctor are pinned on one school which could probably provide me with a full scholarship: Our Lady of Fatima College of Medicine, Valenzuela.....

If there's anything I learned throughout this whole process, its that we should not judge one school based on our biases or rumor-inspired prejudices, students aspiring to become doctors should not be hindered by factors such as superb intellect or financial status.....

Only one thing matters, the DESIRE of the student to learn, excel, and serve his fellowmen, either here or abroad.....

To my fellow incoming freshmen (that's assuming I pass the Fatima scholarship exam, please pray for me), ours is a noble profession, always bear in mind that what we make of the five years we spend as med students will ultimately be put to the test when a life is already on the line.....

Time to get serious:)

ust fms accepts 500 students. it is composed of 400 ust premeds and 100 non ust premeds. i hope this figure would help you. i just don't know if the figures varied on the past school years. but it's a good approximation. preparations: good nmat, good grades.

not really, our batch (2010) got an almost equal ratio of students who are graduates from ust and those from other universities.

although it may be wise to infer that they would prioritize ust grads because of the loyalty factor, still the grades and nmat score will matter most.

For my undergrad, I took up BS Biology in UPD, you could say I was one of the fortunate few who were admitted to that course. Most of us had our sights set into being a doctor, eventhough we underwent rigid training in thinking like scientists, researchers you could say. My motto back then and until now was "best foot forward" but the first three years was a struggle, especially with Calculus (which i flunked twice), Organic Chem (flunked once) and Genetics (flunked once).....

Needless to say, even if I got a 96% NMAT score, I wasn't even considered for the UPCM applicant interview.....

And imagine how hard it would be for a person aspiring to be a doctor to be told that in order for me to continue with pursuing my medical studies, I would have to have a scholarship.Yep, its harsh and it happened to me.....

And now all of my hopes (and childhood dreams, perhaps) of becoming a doctor are pinned on one school which could probably provide me with a full scholarship: Our Lady of Fatima College of Medicine, Valenzuela.....

If there's anything I learned throughout this whole process, its that we should not judge one school based on our biases or rumor-inspired prejudices, students aspiring to become doctors should not be hindered by factors such as superb intellect or financial status.....

Only one thing matters, the DESIRE of the student to learn, excel, and serve his fellowmen, either here or abroad.....

To my fellow incoming freshmen (that's assuming I pass the Fatima scholarship exam, please pray for me), ours is a noble profession, always bear in mind that what we make of the five years we spend as med students will ultimately be put to the test when a life is already on the line.....

Time to get serious:)

St. Lukes offer Full Scholarship for good grades and NMAT score above 90%.

Even if you are fil-am.

hi. i'm new here. :) i am graduating my premed course this april and am currently torn between attending PLM or St. Luke's. any insights ? it would be of great help if you could mention anything on the curriculum, competency of the faculty, clerkship and internship experience, and some others (preferably not based on the tuition and the passing rate in the board exams).

thanks in advance.