What are my chances of passing the drug test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should stop making judgment on people. You do not know how it feels until you are in their shoes. Yes it is not wise to use drugs, but it already happened to him. I rather answer his question and leave than staying here and criticize the guy. It is easy for you to sit down and criticize people than you are being in the situation he was. It can be "peer pressure" or "forced" or whatever he called, but I know this guy is in great worry, and needed comfort. When you are a good caring pharmacist, you care for people. Not only you give them knowledge, but also words of comfort for many of them are in great distress because of the diseases they are bearing. Imagine the next time you are committed a serious mistake, how would you feel if anyone is telling you a *****?

You're making judgments yourself when you say "you do not know how it feels unless you are in their shoes." How do you know whose shoes I've been in and haven't been in?

Anyway, I do not have a problem with his mistake, and I'm not criticizing him for his mistake - I have a problem when he uses excuses to cover his mistake. It's that point I talked about it. And what's wrong with criticizing something that IS wrong? If it's wrong, it should be pointed out; otherwise, he will make the same mistake over and over again. And I'm not talking about doing the weed mistake. Go back to the example I made - this guy got his job, but again, due to his "idiot friends" who "forced" him to binge drink for 4 hours before coming into work, is now getting a review on whether he will be fired or not. He comes on here with this exact story and asks for advice on this topic. Do you really think no one should say anything about his actions or his excuses? That all anyone should do is answer his question and walk away? I think that's a danger and a sign of lack of caring to his potential customers and patients. There's all types of caring.

And not to mention, if I made a serious mistake, and someone told me I was a ***** in making that mistake, I'd probably agree with them. I'm more about the "tough love" than coddling someone uselessly, only to have them make the same dumb mistake over and over again. This guy doesn't have a terminal disease. This guy might lose a job because of a mistake he himself made and admitted to. Does that really warrant the same kind of "caring" that people with terminal diseases get?

Members don't see this ad.

I called this, didn't I? Way back when, I said something about you making a "passing a drug test thread". haha

I love when I am right. Maybe you made this thread just for me? Or maybe I should try my hand at fortune telling...

Maybe you should...

Let me try now.

Coming soon: The "Will I get fired?" thread.

:barf::bang::annoyed::beat::wtf::diebanana::boom:

Maybe you should...

Let me try now.

Coming soon: The "Will I get fired?" thread.

:barf::bang::annoyed::beat::wtf::diebanana::boom:

Boo, I called fortune teller! But I cannot deny you clearly have the gift, for I too see that thread in the near future.

I also see threads spelling the doom of pharmacy as a profession, declining salaries/surplus, and something about how CVS' new CEO is worse than the last...

Admittedly those are pretty obvious visions, but give me time I will get better. This too I see....

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I took a urine drug test on 6/11 (friday). CVS was supposed to get my result last monday but I still have not gotten a call back from the pharmacy manager. I am actually worried that I might have failed the test because I recall smoking VERY LITTLE weed about 35-40 days before I took the drug test. That was the only time I have ever smoked in my life (i know it was dumb. I was forced by a bunch of idiots). I had actually been drinking lots of water and exercising prior to the drug test. Does anyone think they haven't called me yet because I failed the test? I am planning on dropping by tomorrow to see the pharmacy manager.

thank you.

I would be astonished if you tested positive after smoking that little weed so long ago, particularly with a urine test which usually detects it in relatively consistent users up to a month afterwards. Jobs that I have had to undergo drug screening for have never contacted me as to my actual results of the drug screen, just whether I got the job (well I've always gotten the job). A pharmacy manager isn't going to call you to tell you that you passed the drug test. Either you failed, or they haven't made up their mind to the position yet. Just wait it out

OP, you probably did pass, but I'll have you know that Marijuana is not necessarily a bad drug, we use it for medical use. I'm surprised that this forum isn't using their knowledge of chemistry. MJ is better than alcohol, but studies have shown that the effects of marijuana can still stay to your brain weeks after using it, effecting your mood and choices. I think Peer Pressure is a logical underpinning for why you smoked, however, you're a big kid now soo be more mature learn frorom those mistakes

*tap tap* My sarcasm meter must be broken...

Vicodin isn't necessarily a bad drug, and has medicinal use. I guess the OP can take those as well without a script!

It's none of my business what the OP does in his free time, but that fact that he inhaled an illegal substance due to "peer pressure" when he had an impending drug test upcoming tells more about his poor character than his lack of common sense. Regardless of your political beliefs what's worth more to you- getting high, or landing a job?

I passed the test. But I was told to start training after I come back from my vacation (july 9-20) I am actually surprised that CVS is willing to wait this long. They told me to contact them as soon as I get back to start training.

For those who feel sorry, thank you but I know I did a horrible thing and it will never happened again. I am not making this stuff up. This actually happened.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST THREAD. At least until I get back from my vacation

Try not to miss me LOL.

I called this, didn't I? Way back when, I said something about you making a "passing a drug test thread". haha

I love when I am right. Maybe you made this thread just for me? Or maybe I should try my hand at fortune telling...

Yes I did. :laugh:

*tap tap* My sarcasm meter must be broken...

Vicodin isn't necessarily a bad drug, and has medicinal use. I guess the OP can take those as well without a script!

It's none of my business what the OP does in his free time, but that fact that he inhaled an illegal substance due to "peer pressure" when he had an impending drug test upcoming tells more about his poor character than his lack of common sense. Regardless of your political beliefs what's worth more to you- getting high, or landing a job?

I never said I was glad he smoked Marijuana. In fact im appalled he did and is going to be a future pharmacist. HOWEVER, are we so ignorant that we can't accept that people make mistakes. I don't think Marijuana should be legalized. in fact theres a debate in the pre-med forums about this a lot of them are for its legaliaztion, it sounds like a lot of them have used it or know people who use it. Vicodin is a perfect example the same I usedd in fact. The OP, was dumb, and hopefully he outgrows that, but he's young i'm sure you did stupid stuff.

Yes I did. :laugh:

Figures.

All right using my incredible powers of divination I foresee a thread about vacation activities...and cvs training...and something about how to get along with co-works/customers...later something about how to find a hospital job/is hospital better than retail...hmm the last one is not so clear...perhaps how to get into pharmacy school/is pharmacy school right for me...that is all I see for now.

As a physic pharmacist at least I will know what to take for the crushing headaches!

I am gonna have to figure out how to charge for this service. Everyone who reads this owes me a dollar!

Figures.

All right using my incredible powers of divination I foresee a thread about vacation activities...and cvs training...and something about how to get along with co-works/customers...later something about how to find a hospital job/is hospital better than retail...hmm the last one is not so clear...perhaps how to get into pharmacy school/is pharmacy school right for me...that is all I see for now.

As a physic pharmacist at least I will know what to take for the crushing headaches!

I am gonna have to figure out how to charge for this service. Everyone who reads this owes me a dollar!

HAHAHA WOW. You should definitely be a fortune teller.

I have a serious question to ask you though.

Do you think there is a chance that they will NOT hire me once I get back? (they ended up hiring someone else). That would be unprofessional right?

Well I did my drug test today and I am 100% positive that I will pass. Unless they screen for alcohol as well...o wait, that's not a drug. Guess I am fine then.:D

LOL

Alcohol = drug
Alcohol = sometimes screened for, sometimes not.

I have to agree with one of the above posters that alcohol is AS "dangerous", if not more so, than good 'ol mary jane. But, mary jane isn't innocent, either...she has a lot of carcinogens (supposedly more than plain 'ol cigarettes). Whatever...your lungs and liver, not mine. Just don't smoke it in my path to the door or drive under the influence or I might have to knock your block off! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Alcohol, not a drug? Party foul...

I guess caffeine isn't, either!

Took me almost an entire month to get over the withdrawal symptoms from caffeine. WORST headaches/stomachaches I had in my entire life. I was lethargic, crabby, and had nothing but disdain for people. It was utterly awful and something I would never wish on even my worst enemy.

Took me almost an entire month to get over the withdrawal symptoms from caffeine. WORST headaches/stomachaches I had in my entire life. I was lethargic, crabby, and had nothing but disdain for people. It was utterly awful and something I would never wish on even my worst enemy.

Yuck, you quit caffeine?

I remember when my wife tried to... it lasted all of 2 weeks, until she had an exam she wanted to study for.

LOL

Alcohol = drug
Alcohol = sometimes screened for, sometimes not.

I have to agree with one of the above posters that alcohol is AS "dangerous", if not more so, than good 'ol mary jane. But, mary jane isn't innocent, either...she has a lot of carcinogens (supposedly more than plain 'ol cigarettes). Whatever...your lungs and liver, not mine. Just don't smoke it in my path to the door or drive under the influence or I might have to knock your block off! ;)

Alcohol, not a drug? Party foul...

I guess caffeine isn't, either!

C'mon. Y'all know what I mean. I don't think I saw alcohol on the list of what they were screening for. I never drink and drive. Always gotta have a designated driver or somewhere to crash if I will be drinking. It's called responsibility.:D

Yuck, you quit caffeine?

I remember when my wife tried to... it lasted all of 2 weeks, until she had an exam she wanted to study for.

Almost 7 months "clean", amigo :laugh:

I quit high fructose corn syrup, too. Never felt better. More expensive to get the good organics but SO worth it...

C'mon. Y'all know what I mean. I don't think I saw alcohol on the list of what they were screening for. I never drink and drive. Always gotta have a designated driver or somewhere to crash if I will be drinking. It's called responsibility.:D

Just teasin', delano ;)

Is caffeine in redbull?:confused:

of course caffeine's in Redbull... and every other energy drink. The rest of the crap they throw in there - Guarana, Ginseng, B-Vitamins, "Special Blends" - Is all smoke and mirror snake oil.

Caffeine is where the action happens for the "pick me up" - That and sugar, if you get the heavy sugarized ones and don't elect for the low carb variety.

When I can't get coffee or it's inconvenient to drink, I opt for the Full Throttle "Very Berry" variety - It has 250 mg caffeine and very little of anything I don't want (With the lowest amount of HFCS possible in an energy drink beside Redbull, which tastes worse than cough syrup).

Awesome link. From all the drug testing threads popping up lately, we should make it a sticky :laugh:

"In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke."

Definitely a good link

...at the same time however, you have to put it in perspective...some people smoke 1-2+ packs a day (20-40+ cigs) over how many years? Quality vs quantity kinda thing. No way someone smokes enough mj to make up that gap

of course caffeine's in Redbull... and every other energy drink. The rest of the crap they throw in there - Guarana, Ginseng, B-Vitamins, "Special Blends" - Is all smoke and mirror snake oil.

Caffeine is where the action happens for the "pick me up" - That and sugar, if you get the heavy sugarized ones and don't elect for the low carb variety.

When I can't get coffee or it's inconvenient to drink, I opt for the Full Throttle "Very Berry" variety - It has 250 mg caffeine and very little of anything I don't want (With the lowest amount of HFCS possible in an energy drink beside Redbull, which tastes worse than cough syrup).

My personal preference for caffeinated energy drinks is....

nos.jpg

I know a tool who decided to put this into his car after watching Fast and Furious, the engine got ****ed up. Oh well, one more ricer off the roads.

MmMm NOS, deliciously over-caffeinated haha

HAHAHA WOW. You should definitely be a fortune teller.

I have a serious question to ask you though.

Do you think there is a chance that they will NOT hire me once I get back? (they ended up hiring someone else). That would be unprofessional right?

Nah, don't worry, they won't do that. Hiring new people is expensive, it's not something that is done willy-nilly. People on the outside never understand how involved the hiring process is. You have a job, just relax and enjoy the vacation. They probably are starting you after your vacation so that you are not taking time off during your training period. It would suck to come back and not remember anything you did before you left. That's just my guess though.

Nah, don't worry, they won't do that. Hiring new people is expensive, it's not something that is done willy-nilly. People on the outside never understand how involved the hiring process is. You have a job, just relax and enjoy the vacation. They probably are starting you after your vacation so that you are not taking time off during your training period. It would suck to come back and not remember anything you did before you left. That's just my guess though.

ok:laugh:. What would you like me to bring home while I am away at france and italy?

ok:laugh:. What would you like me to bring home while I am away at france and italy?

Are France or Italy known for their exportables? I guess make sure to take lots of pictures? Let me think about this and get back with you. The only things that immediately come to mind are things you shouldn't bring back...

Are France or Italy known for their exportables? I guess make sure to take lots of pictures? Let me think about this and get back with you. The only things that immediately come to mind are things you shouldn't bring back...

LOL take your time.

Oh yes. And all those Rockstar things, too. Pretty much any energy drink has caffeine in it.

I prefer that 5-Hour energy thingy anyways.

I hate the "crashing" feeling after drinking those energy drinks. I try to stay away from them. Never heard of the Full Throttle one but you can try 5-Hour.:thumbup:

At least don't let him get detained by TSA on his way back.:)

I think people do drugs to cope with life. I mean think about it everybody does something to make life "easier" and get that "high" and better mood. Like running or caffine. I think it's a conscious human desire to want a mental escape.

I think people do drugs to cope with life. I mean think about it everybody does something to make life "easier" and get that "high" and better mood. Like running or caffine. I think it's a conscious human desire to want a mental escape.

During my coursework for my CDAC (California Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor) license, I remember the favorite catch phrase for my professor was, "The brain loves to get high!"

Just think about it... we're always chasing... something! Even things that aren't necessarily drugs! Don't tell my wife, but I still think of my first love with fond memories, and I still think that was the best love I ever felt. Not because it's true, but because it was my first experience with it. Same goes for any drug.

There are a lot of reasons people do drugs, one of which is escapism, but it's certainly not the only one and it varies highly between classes of drugs (Say, a Vicodin popper vs. a Meth hot railer).

That's a weak excuse.

I hope you can do some research into cultures and histories of the different races that make up our great American nation. I will tell you, from sheer obedience and discipline since childhood, you do not need to do drugs to loosen up. This occurs a lot more with Americans of Asian/Indian backgrounds more so than those of white, black, or Hispanic backgrounds because of the passing down of a great example of a drug-free life.

Illegal drugs are the biggest excuse for taking it easy. Destroying your body, acting without thinking... there's nothing good that can come out of the misuse of illegal drugs.

Of course, just using them even one time can prove to be fatal. So... why take the chance at all?

I don't read Wiz's reply as an excuse at all. His is a very valid explanation of why some people cite the usage of narcotics.

I mean, people commit suicide, right? As an escape, more often than not. Alright, well we can acknowledge that it's kind of extreme, and certainly not the only way out of a given problem.. but it's chosen regardless.

Much like narcotics... I believe that's the take-home for Wiz's point.

I don't read Wiz's reply as an excuse at all. His is a very valid explanation of why some people cite the usage of narcotics.
There are much more healthier, even productive ways of escapism.

There are much more healthier, even productive ways of escapism.

OK. Point?

Whether that's right or wrong, escapism is nevertheless one of the top responses when I go into clinics and interact with seekers and abusers. "I just wanted to forget the pain." "I was just tired all the time, I wanted an energy boost", "I'm just tired of dealing with every day life."

Sometimes it's as simple as that no one taught them any different. Here on SDN, we're a self-selecting group of high achievers, mostly...

That being said from what I remember correctly is that if you don't usually smoke weed it can last in your system up to 60 days. I'll have to dig to verify that though.
In urine it's supposedly 30 days, which is probably an overstatement. THC is stored in your fat cells so I've heard that can factor in along with how much water you drink and how long/much you smoke.
I think 2 weeks is plenty for most people though. Cause I know someone that smoked every day for like 2 years, quit for 2 weeks and drank a t lot of green tea and water and they were fine. (it last in your hair for a long time though)
the OP seemed to be way to worried about this.

*cough* fine wines designer clothing aged cheeses expensive cars stationery perfume *cough cough*

Excuse me. Yes, pictures. Take lots of pictures.

I think it is funny how many people crusade on this forum against illegal drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, etc. etc.

What, exactly, do you think you will be handing out to the general public hundreds of times a day as a pharmacist?

Drugs improve the human condition for the most part, all have their negative effects but to those that use them the benefits clearly outweigh the costs. The only thing that seperates a prescribed drug from an illicit one are the perceptions and conventions of society.

Perceptions and conventions of society govern everything.

Homicide, for example. Society says it's wrong for me to walk up to you and blast you in the face. Do you think the cosmos cares? Nah.

All we have are the arbitrary right/wrong responses...

I think the "crusade" arises mostly from people thinking that a fellow RPh shouldn't be engaging in illicit drug use for his/herself.

Drugs improve the human condition for the most part, all have their negative effects but to those that use them the benefits clearly outweigh the costs. The only thing that seperates a prescribed drug from an illicit one are the perceptions and conventions of society.

Not true, the thing that separates a prescribed drug from an illicit one is an actual proven medical usefulness

I am thinking of buying a 600 dollar SLR camera. What do you think?:smuggrin:

Starting a "I wonder if I passed a drug test" thread = wanting attention :sleep:

During my coursework for my CDAC (California Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counselor) license, I remember the favorite catch phrase for my professor was, "The brain loves to get high!"

Just think about it... we're always chasing... something! Even things that aren't necessarily drugs! Don't tell my wife, but I still think of my first love with fond memories, and I still think that was the best love I ever felt. Not because it's true, but because it was my first experience with it. Same goes for any drug.

There are a lot of reasons people do drugs, one of which is escapism, but it's certainly not the only one and it varies highly between classes of drugs (Say, a Vicodin popper vs. a Meth hot railer).

Well let's hope she has absolutely no intentions of coming on here.:smuggrin:

That's a weak excuse.

I hope you can do some research into cultures and histories of the different races that make up our great American nation. I will tell you, from sheer obedience and discipline since childhood, you do not need to do drugs to loosen up. This occurs a lot more with Americans of Asian/Indian backgrounds more so than those of white, black, or Hispanic backgrounds because of the passing down of a great example of a drug-free life.

Illegal drugs are the biggest excuse for taking it easy. Destroying your body, acting without thinking... there's nothing good that can come out of the misuse of illegal drugs.

Of course, just using them even one time can prove to be fatal. So... why take the chance at all?

I was simply referring to the people who don't use drugs usually run, or drink coffee, or think of a past love, or be in love. Yes being in love is the equivalent of being high.

Aside from that, OP I think you started a flame war. But I appreciate you trying to fix it. Alas it's too late. On a side note however, buying a 600 dollar camera for what? I think you should have a reason why that camera, otherwise its frivolous spending for a college student.

Did you guys hear that California is seriously considering legalizing Marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.