WesternU/COMP class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi everyone,

Recovering from our first anatomy exam? It's hard to start staring at biochem already. Maybe I'll sleep early tonight...

Melancholy, that song is in my head now all day, thanks to you! "Only you...." see? Well, anyway, I'll be starting voice lesson soon if someone wants to learn :) So far, I have 2 students.

Okay, back to peptides and a.a.
Bon courage tout le monde!!

Chau

Members don't see this ad.

Did you all check out your anatomy exam grade yet?

:(

Don't sweat the anatomy test too much.. curves are your friend. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
no...i haven't checked...haven't had the time to go ....or actually i didn't even know..it was out yet..hahah...well..it's ok...home i passed that's all...hahah
alwyas

Hey everyone,

It's <b>outgolfing</b>'s birthday this week sometime... he wouldn't tell me. So just make sure you wish him a happy birthday when you see him.

Happy birthday Vinh!!!!

-C

Outgolfing wants a birthday card signed by the president of Ping (big golf company).. hehe. They have a job for you over there if you need..

yeah...ok...stop making a big fuss out of it...
melancholy...hope you had fun in sf last weekend...from what i hear from nx....your girlfriend...sounds like my ex...so we need to talk if you want..hahahh also, are you still planning golfing for this friday..since you're under the weather and all...maybe we'll go to lunch or something....heheh...
nx....you're a nerd...hahah
the peopel of comp 2007 thanked you guys...hahah congrats..i guess i don't post enough...oh wells.....
well..ttyl
always,
vinh

ummm...i thing you're the annoying ...umm..facilitator...ummm...hahah...j/k..thanks ricky....i appreciate it....suupp....man....heheh...
always,
vinh

ricky....hope you not mad....wells...have fun in vegas....i don't drink..so don't get the wrong idea...i've just been to monte carlo..and heard they have a brewery...and the pool is suppose to be nice...rio seafood bufeet is good...$30....bellagio isn't all that....well have fun
always,
vinh

Bellagio isn't all that? The lunch buffet is something I'd probably try again.. not as overpriced as the dinner is. The desserts for lunch looked and tasted good from what I remember (I was kinda stuffed at the time!) Oh well, Vinh will get stuffed sooner or later this weekend to make up for Vegas... haha.

At any rate, I would've loved to stay at Mandalay Bay (sigh) but Stratosphere seems like it will be a blast due to the invasion of COMP'ers this AOA weekend.. whee!

Just got into COMP a few days ago. This may sound dumb, but is there anything you all can reccommend someone does to prepare for the first year (i.e. study some anatomy) I know everyone says to have fun because it will all end soon...and I definately am, but any advice to keep some brain cells working would be great. Thanks a lot,

mel-i didn't have bellagio for lunch..but, dinner wasn't worth the price...heheh...well if you go w/ nx...you'll probably be eating at paris...romantic uh huh...thanks for helping setting up the bday lunch for me even though you couldn't show up...thanks a bunch...and take care in vegas.
socal- i just had fun w/ my summer and i'm doing ok...if you want to brush up on something...do it w/ anatomy...you'll be swamped w/ so much stuff..so relax...and anatomy will be so detailed..but, more than what you had in undergrad...so i don't really know how you would prepare...take care
always,
vinh

Members don't see this ad :)
<b>Congrats SoCal!!!</b>

So now just sit back and relax. Enjoy the rest of the free time you have. If you <i>really</i> want to study, take up some sort of anatomy guide. It's one if not <i>the</i> toughest course. So anyway, have fun, and if you decide to come to COMP, we'll definitely meet up! Any questions about moving, etc., drop any one of us a line and we'll try to help as much as we can :)

<b>outgolfing</b>, we missed you in Vegas!!

nx,
thanks for the shirt...tell your mom she's awesome..haha...
i know i missed you guys cuz you were in vegas..hehhe...
well..at least you had fun...you got to tell me about it..maybe tomorrow..aight..i'm tired, reeses peaces out.
mel, what's w/ the golf ball you gave me today?
:D

Hey Outgolfing,
That's my present to you.. an autographed ball signed by me after I won the 2002 Western U. Classic. The #23 is self-explanatory of course. The TopFlite XL2000 Extra-Spin is my signature golf ball.. gives me that extra distance, yet soft touch around the greens. Be the ball!!!!!! :wow:

mel,
you won the western u classic?...what the heck are you talking about?..hahha..well i don't understand the 23...your favorite number?...or that's your score?..hhaha...thanks for it anyways...we got to play someday...
always,
comp 2006

Does anyone know where I can find stickers/Tshirts/calendars, etc. on Osteopathic Medicine? I looked in the bookstore and doesn't seem to have a very wide selection of stuff.

Thanks!

nx,
you my idol...you study so much...
mel,
do you ever check sdn anymore..answer my questions from the last post darn you...you slacker..hahha j/k...

reeses pieces...they're good.
always,
comp 2006

Seems like outgolfing and I are the only ones that post here... You think we should send out an email to the class reminding them of the existence of SDN? :)

How's the studying for anatomy going Vinh? I learned something new today... How does the popliteal vessels get into the leg? :) if you're stuck, give me a call.

nx,
yeah we're the only ones that post anymore..the rest are desserters...hahah....i don't know...what you mean by the popliteal vessels..you mean the artery and vein? are you talkting about how the femoral artery comes out of the adductor hiatus and goes posterior then goes down a bit to become the popliteal artery?..if it's not...then please enlighten me...haha
i'm not doing so good..i feel that i should be so much further in my studies ..but, i'll work hard and that's all i can do
always,

I'm not lazy.. just waiting for questions to pile up so I can reply back to them at once. I read SDN every day, but I don't want to give the impression that all I do is read SDN... so I gotta give it some time..

That being said, I'll answer your questions later =p

mel,
hey first of all ...good luck on monday...hope you do well...maybe we can play golf next week we'll see if i get out any days early..cuz after anatomy ..we get a weeek off no test...yeah...well..ok you can tell me later if you remember...hhahah...
always,

Brand new start...the skyes are blue ...the water is clear...the air is fresh...wind whispering in our ears...the sun is setting in the horizon...what else can you ask for except for someone there by your side?
My sis is true
Those who say that it is better to love and lost than never to have loved at all have never loved and lost.

CAN'T YOU TELL I'M A LONELY GUY...AWWWW...POOR ME. !!!!!!

:D :love: ;) :(

Hopefully this week will turn out to be better.. been a little down lately.. but NX811 has been trying to keep me on my toes.. what an awesome classmate you have Outgolfing! Ok, maybe we can golf this week.. we'll have to see. I owe ya a round or two and I owe her a few too..

cheeze

mel,
i feel jealous now...you care more about nx than me...heheh...awww...well i'm sorry that you've been down and stuff...but, a good round of golf will cure any ills you possibly have...hhahhah...well except for anatomy test...ahhhhhh...
alrighty.
always,

it's been ages since my last post

but i'm still around

"who are you?" you ask?

like this guy w/ a blue coat in our anatomy lab says, "that's for me to know and you to find out."

don't blow my cover melancholy

<b>innerpower</b>- You have time to post on SDN? What about the wife and kids? :-D

Started on micro yet?

hey person from chino hills.....innerpower.....hhahah...wish i had some....i need it..after that darn anat test....oh wells....this weekend is to catch up...yeah...fun...well..better than studying for test.....

mel, have you disappeared....i can't wait to play golf again ...i've got so much aggression i want to release....ahahhhhhhhh
always,

rick....you so funny i spend like 30 min..a day on the internet...if i go on at all..hhaha..that's not too bad right?...****...shouldn't you be working out?..work on those pecs for your girl man....mafia needs some muscles...haahah....i heard your girl is cute...congrats...
always,

Innerpower,

You didn't say I couldn't blow your cover....hehe. Nice to see you on the boards again.

What's up 1st years...a second year here invading your forum. Hope all is going well with you guys.

NewAgeDO

thanks for the warm welcome :)

it's nice to know that you're also with us

i hope you guys finish the cardio soon, cause we even feel the pain from downstairs

Hi <b>NewAgeDO</b>,

Welcome back. Invade our forum anytime. We're getting a bit bored of <b>melancholy</b>... hehe.. And don't worry, Innerpower's cover has long been blown... We all know who he is.

:) happy friday all...

What???? Well, it's my fault Innerpower's cover is blown. I figured if mine's is blown, then no one is safe either!

NewAgeDO- Saw the post you had somewhere else about getting an honest opinion about Western students' opinion of COMP to help an applicant decide where they might want to attend... good stuff. I know how you feel about people who don't seem to take adverse situations very well too...

Anyway, this is a nice free weekend in a sense.. too bad the weather hasn't been that great, it would've been great for golfing (hint hint outgolfing)... Golf Club should be going out in November or December to play.. we're gonna look at the schedule to find a good time for everyone because we even have some PharmD, PA, and PT students in addition to DO students who are interested in coming along. Might end up being at Diamond Bar unless you have a better suggestion for a course nearby (saving Mountain Meadows for the spring time)

mel...sure...diamond bar is fine...it doesn't really matter...i just want to get out and win the tournament...hahha...i'm so rusty....that i'm starting to get a copper tan....hahah....i hope we have some good players this year...or else i'm walking away w/ the title....or is there even a title?...if you can get a deal from diamond bar is fine....you probably know the area better than i do....peace out.

rickmsysyter.....hope i didn't get you upset...thanks for being a chilly (cool) guy..hahha

always,

ps...mel and nx...are happy this weekend...they have significant others.....have fun kids...

Brand new start...the skyes are blue ...the water is clear...the air is fresh...wind whispering in our ears...the sun is setting in the horizon...what else can you ask for except for someone there by your side?
My sis is true
Those who say that it is better to love and lost than never to have loved at all have never loved and lost.

ricky dawg.....you're weird man..what's up w/ the personal message and you *bump* on the sdn post..you weird....thanks for the message...i'm coo..w/ the asian mafia...i'm so proud..hahha..

so who you bumping ricky?..are you grinding too?...hahah...j/k peace out...

always,

post micro exam

it sucks

I second that <b>innerpower</b>!!!

chau

WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know it's very tough trying to stay awake during path. :)

ricky

pump those biceps homeboy :D

lanny

where are the hell are you???????

vinh

stop looking over my shoulder when i'm posting.

Eddie,

That's not cool man... Woke me up when I was having such a nice nap.

Argh.. these 8-5 days are killing me. I gotta get more sleep!!!

Okay back to sleep...

TTT. Enjoy the first pharm exam.. the next one won't be quite as fun as Dr. Wong's lectures!

I like it when Dr. Wong talks about side effects of NVD (nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea) because he always seems to add the comment, "Vewwwy unpleasant.."

<b>gubernaculum</b>- A fibrous cord connecting two structures. A mesenchymal column of tissue that connects the fetal testis to the developing scrotum; it appears to play a role in testicular descent.

Very funny, very funny, CHAU :D :D

*bump*
YOu guys are done with your first semester.. whoopee!

Time to play some golf..

<b>Merry Christmas everybody!!!</b>

Yes... I'm online on Christmas. Can't go too long w/o checking my emails and SDN...

Hope you all are having fun relaxing, and I hope I won't break anything on my skiing trip next week. Then there goes free treatments for many of you...

Yay!!! one semester gone.. 3 more to go!

Happy New Year too!

oh melancholy- thanks for searching and bumping our thread :)

Word of the Day for Wednesday January 1, 2003

slugabed \SLUHG-uh-bed\, noun:
One who stays in bed until a late hour; a sluggard.