Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received this E-mail today regarding my status.
Does this mean that I'm not missing anything on file including my classes? and they will review to see if I deserve the interview or not? Thanks guys

Enter text here.RFE Letter EC 09

Your file is ready for evaluation by the department.

After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status.

Whoa. You must have submitted your application right near the end of the deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received this E-mail today regarding my status.
Does this mean that I'm not missing anything on file including my classes? and they will review to see if I deserve the interview or not? Thanks guys

Enter text here.RFE Letter EC 09

Your file is ready for evaluation by the department.

After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status.

haha i haven't even gotten that email yet... my pharmCAS was submitted on november 2nd and i've been getting emails saying they got my supplemental and were waiting on my pharmCAS, and that they got my pharmCAS and they were waiting on my supplemental...

haha i haven't even gotten that email yet... my pharmCAS was submitted on november 2nd and i've been getting emails saying they got my supplemental and were waiting on my pharmCAS, and that they got my pharmCAS and they were waiting on my supplemental...

desklamp, Don't worry your file will be next because my final document was mailed in 1 week before the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who interviewed 12/12, do you know when we find out about our results?

ME 2. I also recieved an email stating that they are evaluating my application.

To those who interviewed 12/12, do you know when we find out about our results?

I think they said the committee isn't meeting until after the new year and we would know a few weeks after that. So like mid jan..???

Such a long wait!

Everyone who is worried that they have not received any news yet should calm down. Unless you have interviewed already the best news you could have is no news. I believe that being on hold pre-interview status is one step lower than not hearing anything yet. Those who have already been put on hold have no chance of being considered for the January interview or possibly the February interview either. People who have not heard anything are still being considered for these dates! Good Luck everyone!

This wait is killing me..... It is going to ruin my holiday.... I just heard from a friend who had her interview at the med school two days before mine and she already got news of her acceptance. I will be so bummed if I get rejected..

This wait is killing me..... It is going to ruin my holiday.... I just heard from a friend who had her interview at the med school two days before mine and she already got news of her acceptance. I will be so bummed if I get rejected..

patience is golden :luck:
and least you are also got accepted at the other school, correct me if im wrong
no new for me here , still waiting for their interview :(
good luck

i thought they said the first week of january, after they return from their break :confused:

I'm nothing different from you guys. Having a nervous breakdown here :scared:

for those who got interview letters (is it via snail mail or email, btw?), are you required to send in a confirmation for the interview? when is the first interview date? i'm having trouble getting my mail forwarded from my college address in norcal to my home address in socal.. and since i'm currently not able to receive any mail i'm worried that i might be missing a deadline :(!

PharmD Interview Dates

December 12, 2009
January 30, 2010
February 27, 2010
March 20, 2010

I'm stilling waiting for an interview...did anyone receive a phone call for Jan 30 interview?...and when you submit your application thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! just a few questions... if you happen to miss western's phone call, do they leave a voice mail??

How can I check the status of my app.. I recieved an email from western back in november stating they needed a degree verification and that i am missing the calculus pre-req... I replied with when im taking the calculus course which is in spring 2010 since they don't expect summer courses????

Also I send a degree verification but i haven't heard anything back since then?? is that normal???

Losing hope :(

Hi guys! i just wanted to answer some of the questions you guys posted.

I go a call from Daniell about the interview. I was at work but she left a message on my voice mail. The message didn't say anything about the interview just to call her back. When I called her back she told me which interview date I was selected for. I guess you can just tell her over the phone if the date works for you and then you are confirmed for the interview. A few days before the interview I got an email with a little bit more info about the interview day.

As far as getting classes approved for meeting the requirements I would contact an admissions councilor. There is a list of them on the website and they are assigned by last name. That is who I worked with and they were very helpful. Sorry if I didn't answer all your questions I am just speaking for my own experience.

I am getting so nervous, I still haven't heard back about my status.

Good luck everyone!

G

Will a lot of work experience and high pcat scores counteract a 2.64 GPA for application to Cali schools? or will i have to go out of state?

Will a lot of work experience and high pcat scores counteract a 2.64 GPA for application to Cali schools? or will i have to go out of state?

California schools generally won't consider your PCAT scores, so they rely more heavily on GPA, extracurriculars, etc. Also, a 2.64 won't meet the minimum GPA for some schools -- you need to check with each one.

Is the interview open file? What exactly do the interviewers have access to? Is it everything (application, transcripts, ps, supplemental)?

I GOT IN!!!.. I GOT IN :)..
received an email today abt my acceptance!!

Got my acceptance email today!! yay yay! I am so excited. Western is the one for me!! :D

I guess I need to get my immunizations ready now.. ??

:D :D

Hello,

When did you guys received your letter of acceptance from Western U? Thank you. Haven't heard back yet and when was your interview on 12/12?

I also got an email stating my acceptance from Daniell today! The email contains an accept/decline signature page and asks for a $500 deposit.

congrats Sweets~!

what time did they send the email to you?

i feel like i have another waitlist coming my way again... kinda depress now since I am waitlisted for 3 schools already :(

i feel like i have another waitlist coming my way again... kinda depress now since I am waitlisted for 3 schools already :(

Me too.. however I am on 2 waitlists, 1 hold and 2 rejections and am a reapplicant and didnt apply anywhere else. :(

Hey Prepharmdude and NSAID01,
Did Daniel say that you guys are on alternate or hold list?

Hi Everyone -
Got my acceptance email yesterday! :) Good luck to those waiting!!

Hello Meester Owalie,

I was wondering if you could let the forum know when you received your acceptance letter from Western? I wonder if they sent all of their acceptance letters first and then everything else. I haven't received anything yet.

Thank you.

Hello Meester Owalie,

I was wondering if you could let the forum know when you received your acceptance letter from Western? I wonder if they sent all of their acceptance letters first and then everything else. I haven't received anything yet.

Thank you.

Hi, pharm321 -

No problem. I received an email yesterday from Daniell Mendoza. Not sure if they did them all at once or are doing it in batches. From what I remember...interview invites for December came out in batches, so maybe more offers will come out today. I hope so! Good luck to everyone. :luck:

Mr. O

Hooray, hooray! Now I don't have to put down that $2,000 "pharmacist insurance" deposit at Touro! :)

It's a shame, too-- I really liked the faculty and curriculum at Touro, and if their deposit was $300 I'd keep them in the running. $2,000 is just too much to bite off.

Got accepted to Western U. five minutes ago. Woo hoo....:love:

nope, they do not accept pre-requisite during summer 2010, so you better squeeze that pre-requisite in some where.

accepted :). i got my e-mail around noon yesterday. good luck everyone :thumbup:.

hey everyone, does western accept summer 2010 pre req courses?

You will want to double check with Western, but I had a friend who was taken off the waitlist a few years ago. She finished her last pre-req (anatomy) at a community college during the summer but the class was completed by the first week of July. It was a very intense class since it was REALLY accelerated.

I'm pretty sure they have an actual cut-off date instead of the label of a "summer" class. It would make sense since here in CA, UC's finish mid-late June and CalState's end in May.

accepted :). i got my e-mail around noon yesterday. good luck everyone :thumbup:.

Thank you, ZerC0mbine. I wonder if they also send rejection letters at the same time. I haven't gotten anything yet. This is so agonizing.

hey thanks! yeah I've been trying to contact the school myself and I just cant get a hold of a councelor...

i hope there will be more news tomorrow... keeping my fingers crossed :D

Hi, pharm321 -

No problem. I received an email yesterday from Daniell Mendoza. Not sure if they did them all at once or are doing it in batches. From what I remember...interview invites for December came out in batches, so maybe more offers will come out today. I hope so! Good luck to everyone. :luck:

Mr. O

Thank you, Mr. O. Hopefully, some good news for me soon...

Western University is my first choice of school. I just hope Western still send out interview letter? Do they usually call for an interview or send letters?

I know how you guys feel. Last year, I was in your seat waiting for the results of the December interviews.

I am sure that if you havent been accepted at this point, then you are going to be either denied or waitlisted. You will receive the letter about two weeks after the initial acceptances are sent out.

As I know, they call to let you know first and then send confirmation via email.

I know how you guys feel. Last year, I was in your seat waiting for the results of the December interviews.

I am sure that if you havent been accepted at this point, then you are going to be either denied or waitlisted. You will receive the letter about two weeks after the initial acceptances are sent out.

This is not good...they said that acceptance letters are sent out within 2-3 weeks of the initial interview date. Do you think there is still chance that acceptance letter will go out next week?

Most likely not. I think all there is right now is that you hope not to receive a rejection letter. 50/50 at this point. 50 -rejection / 50 waitlist.

wow, why are U so sure that there will be no more acceptance letters from western. I definitely believe that there will be more next week. They interviewed about 100 applicants last time and after that was holidays...i don't think that they can finish all the applications in a short period...so i think there will be more...:xf:good luck guys..keep wating...:)

Until you get a letter, there is a possibility of any good news. Don't lose hope guys! It's not over till it's over! I personally know two students that were taken off the waitlist during orientation week.

Last edited: